Heard changes to Loyalty Program to be announced @ 2018 prez cuise - rumours???

Both, plus whatever they do for Presidents cruise

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

It will be interesting. The wife and I are sailing with D+ friends. So we will not be using the SL. Or any place they put pinnacles (maybe once or twice to check it out.

It will be interesting. The wife and I are sailing with D+ friends. So we will not be using the SL. Or any place they put pinnacles (maybe once or twice to check it out.
We're on the week before as well, so it will be interesting to see how the vibe changes on the 29th. [emoji33]

Very true! There are already 8 named levels with only 76 points separating the first four levels, Gold to Diamond. An average of 19 points per level - two points less than a one week solo cruise in a JR. Having three levels of D+ makes a lot more sense than that.
I agree.

It never made sense to me having all those low levels then such a big gap to D+ and an enormous gap between D+ and Pinnacle.

Agree...and would have been the simplest of all. :D

Though the reason they came up with the DL in the first place was the howling of the D's years ago when they got kicked out of the CL. To pacify, they instituted the "Diamond Event" which I actually loved, (even though just beer/wine/cheap bubbly and a cup of bar mix) it was great to mix with like minded pax who all had the same interest...we love to cruise and share our cruising stories.

Later they built in the DLs in every ship. I still prefer ships that have the DL/CL set up.

I do too.

That would help and since they wouldn't have lounge access why bother restricting the voucher use to the time the DL/CL is open..
Vouchers all day and no drinks in lounges.[emoji3]

Except coffee. [emoji6]

I agree and a suggestion I made on another thread although my post was criticized from some because I am now D+.

If this is the case, they should move P’s out of SL to the CL.

I mean, it is called the Suite Lounge after all.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Milwaukee Eight

Probably not a good move for D+ members since the Ps seem to be multiplying like rabbits. They could also find themselves with only drink vouchers.

I have previously posted that Suite guests on the new ships deserve a lounge for themselves because of the very high charge for these cabins.

With these "Loyalty programs" isn't kinda useless or not great until you get to Diamond status or higher? I am low Platinum, 8 away from Emerald which is not much more perks than Platinum. Diamond seems to be doable and the only real bump up. Anyone agree or am I way off?

I honestly wish they would either combine the Celebrity and RCL programs or give us the option to pick which program we want to earn our points under. Delta allows you to earn Delta miles when flying on their partner airlines. Marriott/SPG just merged all of their loyalty programs and it is going to make it much easier for me to stick with their brands.

With these "Loyalty programs" isn't kinda useless or not great until you get to Diamond status or higher? I am low Platinum, 8 away from Emerald which is not much more perks than Platinum. Diamond seems to be doable and the only real bump up. Anyone agree or am I way off?

Platinum level starts the balcony discounts, which are not bad.

A lot of talk on here comparing airlines and hotels perks to cruise line perks.

In my opinion it's like apples and oranges.

Business travel accounts for a lot of perks earned in hotels and planes. If you have a job that requires a lot of travel you build up miles and levels. If you lose the job/stop traveling, of-course they aren't going to give you lifetime benefits. Cruise ships are a different thing. I would say the percentage of people that write of cruises as business expenses is rather small (unless there is a trade convention etc.).

Most people cruise less than twice a year. A lot every 3 or 4 years.

So I don't see any comparison. And doubt even the pencil pushers at Royal, see any reason to emulate the airlines/hotel industry.

340 points is where the only thing that I care about starts. I'm currently scheduled to be 22 cruise nights away from that goal near the end of March 2020. It will have taken me from 10/2016 to 3/2020. Odds are decent I'll fill in some of that with another cruise, maybe even a couple. So shouldn't be much longer after then I get where I need to get in points. Just gotta keep Royal from changing the program 150% solo booking benefit. :)

On the other hand, if they change the program and effectively make it unreachable or significantly diminished in value, it'd probably just make me start cruising on other lines since I would no longer be focused on that 340-point goal!

Very interesting points! It does underscore the "math problem" though... No matter what they do, the number of higher tier individuals will only continue to go up. So perks involving actual space (lounges, etc...) will forever be a problem as more and more top tier travelers come to be.

Solution... smaller ships, fewer ships. That's less overall berth nights available to accumulate points. :cool:

Ship has beer. No reason you can’t have an afternoon beer. If they move Diamonds out of DL and change it to CL, they need to move P’s there as well.

No afternoon beer in CL/DL

Even with 60 PC, I've rarely seen SL on Oasis full.