Silversea launches new itineraries for 2020/21

SummmerInKefalonia

Thanks. I didn’t expect it to be an expedition ship. I’m not clear how that would work for Cuba. Would zodiacs be used to get into ports? I expected for the most part to simply explore cities, such as Havana, and smaller towns and things like that. Not sure how an expedition fits into this. I’ve tried to locate information on Silversea excursions in Cuba without success. Any suggestions, anyone?

It works.We have already done Cuba on the Explorer and only 1 zodiac landing to a National Park during our time in Cuba.

Report here-

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=47870137

Hi Rachel, I’d heard it as speculation, so it was interesting to me to see the disappearance of Discoverer for certain.

See anything you like?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Still considering. The Dunedin to Dunedin on Explorer look good, but my piggy bank is currently empty as I booked and paid for Reykjavik to Reykjavik on Could and made final payment on a pricey regent cruise from Buenos Aires to Santiago.

Still considering. The Dunedin to Dunedin on Explorer look good, but my piggy bank is currently empty as I booked and paid for Reykjavik to Reykjavik on Could and made final payment on a pricey regent cruise from Buenos Aires to Santiago.

Mmmmmmmm, travel. So many choices, so few coins in the piggy bank [emoji848]

It works.We have already done Cuba on the Explorer and only 1 zodiac landing to a National Park during our time in Cuba.

Report here-

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=47870137

Thanks so much for the information and link to your cruise report. It was extremely interesting. My remaining concern is that I am American, and apparently Silversea is still not advertising its Cuba cruises on its US site (even though cruises to Cuba are allowable for US citizens even with the changes to US Cuban policy by Trump). Does anyone have any information on whether US citizens would be able to book and take this cruise?

I got the email the other day and I see lots of good itineraries too:D There is 1 that really caught my eye...….

So prices come out on Monday? I guess I will contact SS at that time.

Rang the UK office . Prices will be available on Monday.

Have you had any joy?

I made an email request for 3 Spirit, 2 Moon and 2 Wind voyages. All fares now include business class flights and the fares seem (to me) have hugely increased. You can save £500 to go without the air travel, but even with that, the fares are much more than I would have expected.

I’ve rejected all the Spirit and Moon Options but have reserved the 2 Wind options I looked at. .... 738 :-)

One thing is for sure, these fares have gone up.... at least for us £££ Buyer’s!

£500 in lieu of business class travel ... I think not!

Let’s face it, BA Club Europe doesn’t offer that much at the best of times[emoji53]

I made a very quick comparison and the prices seem to be about £200+ per day more than a similar Crystal one I was looking at.

Not overly impressed at all.

Sent from the magic box!

Booked the Wind TA Barbados to Lisbon in spring 2020. Opted not to have the flights. 10 days in a Vista, £1046pp after Venetian discounts. Bargain of the year.

See above post.

I had actually booked this myself in May, but was coming up at £2052 without any flights. Sounds like an error there?

BTW...... I expect you will be even happier to learn, by booking the new one I have to Tower Bridge, I will be releasing 738.

That should be happening tomorrow morning - though as I'm on the Wind for Lunch, I might request sorting every thing out on Wednesday morning..... I had actually got $120 x 2 on my booking too.... not sure how I got that....but will request it's transferred if possible! (Might as well ask! )

I requested a quote on one cruise and the reply was ...

There is a reduction of GBP 500 per person for cruise only but no VS saving.

However, you have an advantage as Venetian Society member. You are able to book 2 weeks before new guests are able to book 2020 voyages. This means, you will have the best price at the moment as we expect many bookings in the next two weeks and a price increase after this time period.

I wonder how accurate the ‘expect a price increase’ comment is?

Too rich for my blood [emoji22]

Sent from the magic box!

Looked at the Easter Island to Papeete cruise on the Explorer in 2020 to make up for our cancelled cruise.however no Venetian discounts and the price is nearly the same as the cancelled cruise but on the were doing a Honolulu to Papeete sector as well.

So long Silversea.

I had actually booked this myself in May, but was coming up at £2052 without any flights. Sounds like an error there?

BTW...... I expect you will be even happier to learn, by booking the new one I have to Tower Bridge, I will be releasing 738.

That should be happening tomorrow morning - though as I'm on the Wind for Lunch, I might request sorting every thing out on Wednesday morning..... I had actually got $120 x 2 on my booking too.... not sure how I got that....but will request it's transferred if possible! (Might as well ask! )

Yes, we thought it might have been an error - maybe they overlooked adding £1000 to the price for the flights?

Thanks for the heads up on 738. We are in there next April but will try to get it for the following April, too. I shall ring on Wed but if we don't get it its not a tragedy as £100 per night in 437 will suit us fine!

I would advise to call ASAP to wait list yourself. He is about to release. I wouldn’t put it down to chance.... assuming you would want that is.

Amazingly.. my wife just said she preferred to balcony room next door.... and it wasn’t the owners suite! Lol typical!

I would advise to call ASAP to wait list yourself. He is about to release. I wouldn’t put it down to chance.... assuming you would want that is.

Thanks, Les. We've had a veranda on the Wind, are in 738 next April and OH thinks we should stick with 437 so that we've tried a Vista too. Women, eh?

Haha... we viewed 738 again a short while ago...and the veranda next door. She prefers the layout of the other room! Lol

The issue OH has, well, issues actually, is with potential noise from the lift and the pool surround.

At £100 a night they can stick me under a table in the obs lounge and I'd be quite happy!