How many checked bags are you permitted per person?

Fayclem

I recently received my luggage tags from NCL that included 3 labels PP. Two had our names pre-printed and the third had cabin info but no preprinted name. I take that to mean I can have up to three checked bags per person.

I assume you are in the Haven if they are mailing physical labels? I know for those of us NOT in the Haven, we print out our own luggage tags from our eDocs and can print as many as we want. Maybe call the Haven Concierge and ask if you can make copies or print more?

https://www.ncl.com/faq#how-many-suitcases

"How many suitcases can I bring?

Each person is allowed up to two pieces of personal luggage on board, with each piece weighing a maximum of 50 pounds. However, if passengers are traveling by air, they need to check with the airline for specific restrictions."

I have never known this to be enforced.

I assume you are in the Haven if they are mailing physical labels? I know for those of us NOT in the Haven, we print out our own luggage tags from our eDocs and can print as many as we want. Maybe call the Haven Concierge and ask if you can make copies or print more?

Yes, staying in the Haven...first timer...didn't know they sent us luggage tags and had already printed some from edocs. We never take more than 1 bag each plus a carry-on which I keep with me until rooms are ready...just in case my bag somehow remains at the pier.

Remember to tip and be kind to all those people (porters) that handle your extra-excess luggage.

If it is your first cruise ever you will be forgiven for bringing along the kitchen sink and all the pots and

pans that are customarily associated with that.

For a large family the first time is tough planning on everyone's individual needs.

Your second cruise you will be better educated on the essentials to what to take pack and how to make

use of the limited cabin space for comfort.

If traveling by air you will be testing the limits of your $wallet$ with number of pieces checked !

NCL provides a pay laundry service (NOT SELF SERVICE) so you don't need to pack a lot of clothing.

On some cruises you will taking it all (well most of it) off and on others layering it on to meet the weather.

Caribbean - Mediterranean cruises are different from Alaska and the Baltic - length of cruise also make a

difference in the wardrobe of clothing being packed and the number of individual pieces.

Need more luggage tags as long as your printer has ink print as many as you need.

In a suite - tags are mailed out to the guest with 2 tags preprinted with guest ID and stateroom and one

extra blank tag - this per person - 2 occupants 4 preprinted tags 2 extras.

Good idea to pack a change of clothing in the carry-on bag for the first day of the cruise.

Yes, staying in the Haven...first timer...didn't know they sent us luggage tags and had already printed some from edocs. We never take more than 1 bag each plus a carry-on which I keep with me until rooms are ready...just in case my bag somehow remains at the pier.

You can use your printed tags or your Haven tags. If you have more bags than tags, just make more tags. ;p

I've gone over the "2 per" plenty of times. It has never been a problem.

https://www.ncl.com/faq#how-many-suitcases

"How many suitcases can I bring?

Each person is allowed up to two pieces of personal luggage on board, with each piece weighing a maximum of 50 pounds. However, if passengers are traveling by air, they need to check with the airline for specific restrictions."

I have never known this to be enforced.

Wow, I had no idea. I have never checked more than two bags, but I know I have seen people with much more than that. I have also seen bags the size of a refrigerator, so that 50 pound limit must not be very strictly enforced! I remember seeing this one adult woman who was very small and thin with a bag that I swear she could have fit into four times over. I was like, "how can such a tiny person need that much stuff?!?!?!"

I always manage to fit all of my stuff into a normal airplane carry-on sized wheeled bag and one shoulder bag for a 7-day cruise.

Wow, I had no idea. I have never checked more than two bags, but I know I have seen people with much more than that. I have also seen bags the size of a refrigerator, so that 50 pound limit must not be very strictly enforced! I remember seeing this one adult woman who was very small and thin with a bag that I swear she could have fit into four times over. I was like, "how can such a tiny person need that much stuff?!?!?!"

I always manage to fit all of my stuff into a normal airplane carry-on sized wheeled bag and one shoulder bag for a 7-day cruise.

You've cruised once or twice?

Thanks everyone for the replies. We were just looking at one extra piece of luggage for packing a fan that my husband needs to sleep at night.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Check with NCL before trying to bring the fan - there is a chance they will not allow it on board

You've cruised once or twice?

Just twice now. But the first time we sailed out of Miami and flew there. I always try to cram everything I need into a carry-on for any trip involving flights, because I hate checking bags if I can avoid it. I still managed to over-pack that first cruise and definitely pared things down quite a bit for my second cruise, even though that was out of NYC and we just drove to the pier, so didn't have to worry about airline bag restrictions.

Check with NCL before trying to bring the fan - there is a chance they will not allow it on board

Bring your fan along - if questioned about it - request that the

ships electrical engineer check it out - unless it presents

an electrical fire hazard you should be good to go - with

one comment bring a extension cord - in most cases there

is no outlet near the bed - should find one near the small

desk with the phone on or near the incabin TV set. DO NOT

use the outlet in the bathroom - didn't bring a long enough

cord see Guest Services - your cabin steward can help

you locate the outlet and set it up.

Battery and USB powered fans really don't move the air much

for human consistent comfort.

If the fan is not delivered with the rest of your luggage you

may have to go the Naughty Room to explain and retrieve it.

YES a nuisance but that is how NCL does it. At that time

don't be pushed off request for assistance from the ship's

electrical engineer to verify that the fan is safe to use with

the ship's power source. NCL allows CPAP machines and

there is no reason not to allow a small fan for guest use.

I was just in a Family Oceanview recently and we got mailed physical labels. For the Bliss if that matters.

I recently received my luggage tags from NCL that included 3 labels PP. Two had our names pre-printed and the third had cabin info but no preprinted name. I take that to mean I can have up to three checked bags per person.

Most of us print our luggage tags are self at home so we can print as many of them as we wish!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Most ships allow 200 lbs PER PERSON. They don't care about the number of bags....The porters have PLENTY of luggage tags. You CAN bring electric fans...as battery operated fans will NOT last an entire week if you need to run it all the time, or even, all night. Bring an extension cord (no surge protector, tho)...since there usually are no plugs near the bed.

I assume you are in the Haven if they are mailing physical labels? I know for those of us NOT in the Haven, we print out our own luggage tags from our eDocs and can print as many as we want.

How long in advance do you book? We've always gotten the physical tags when we booked more than three months (or so) in advance, even when we were not in the Haven, but not if we booked close to sailing, even when we were in the Haven.

How long in advance do you book? We've always gotten the physical tags when we booked more than three months (or so) in advance, even when we were not in the Haven, but not if we booked close to sailing, even when we were in the Haven.

We book more than a year in advance, and haven’t received tags in over 10 years, we just print them.