exchanging mini bar for coffee card

olegna

Call room service and they will come and pick up the Elite Mini Bar.  The coffees will be loaded on to your cruise card.  You can have all 30 put on one card, or split the coffees and put 15 on each card.  If you print a copy of your passenger account, you may see a charge, but it will be followed by a credit, similar to the way you see a charge for the free laundry, followed by a credit.

It may take a couple of hours for your card to be loaded, but the barista can check that for you.  Just ask before you order.

Edited by partybarbie

1 hour ago, olegna said:

How do I go about exchanging my Elite Mini Bar setup for a coffee card and what are the latest benefits of the card?

Is the gelato still available on the coffee card?

Thanks....

No gelato. Look here for package details.

https://www.princess.com/learn/cruise-gifts-celebrations/gifts-and-services/culinary-delights-wine/

A few weeks ago we were on the Regal and did the swap.  Soon after getting into our cabin I called Room Service and was amazed that anyone even answered (it is usually hard to get through on that first afternoon).  When I asked to swap our mini bar for 2 coffee cards they simply ask for our Folio Numbers (this is on your cruise card) and then told us that somebody would be around later to pick up our mini-bar stuff.   As to gelato, you can no longer use coffee card punches for gelato.  During our 14 day Regal cruise we spent a lot of time sitting in the atrium and noticed that the Gelato place did very little business.    For those who are familiar with how good gelato can be in Italy and France, what they sell on Princess is a very distant cousin.

Hank

1 hour ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Just call room service?

What ship are you on?

The new restrictions on the coffee card make it stupid to buy but if you don`t drink liquor then you have no choice.

4 hours ago, boca7 said:

The new restrictions on the coffee card make it stupid to buy but if you don`t drink liquor then you have no choice.

You can always exchange the liquors for soft drinks or water. Even those in a suite who get free bottles of water could trade the liquors for sparkling water.

Our last cruise, we called room service to trade our minibar for 2 coffee cards.  Coffee cards were in effect that day.  Weird thing is, that nobody ever came to get the minibar and we took it home with us.  Never a charge.  

Gave the minibar to my employee when we got home.  

8 minutes ago, jtcoolk said:

I haven't cruised on Princess for a few years.  Do you still get a seperate coffee card that needs to be punched or is it something else now?

It's now electronic. It's loaded on your onboard account and expires completely at the end of the cruise.

No physical card anymore.

On 10/22/2018 at 10:33 PM, geoherb said:

You can always exchange the liquors for soft drinks or water. Even those in a suite who get free bottles of water could trade the liquors for sparkling water.

How much water/cans of soda do you get in exchange? Can you just trade it on for OBC? If so, how much?"

5 minutes ago, DMRick said:

How much water/cans of soda do you get in exchange? Can you just trade it on for OBC? If so, how much?"

Alcoholic beverages can be exchanged on a 1 for 1 basis for other alcoholic beverages or bottles of water or cans of soda. There are a total of 8 bottles of spirits and two bottles of beer, so you can exchange them for a total of 10 cans of soda or water.  You can not get OBC. 

34 minutes ago, caribill said:

After viewing the suite benefits, if you can determine exactly what "enhanced turn down service" means please let us know. Many have wondered about this and asked about it but there seems to be no "definitive" answer!

13 hours ago, vmom said:

Its not a 1 to 1 exchange for water.  I exchanged my mini bar twice for sparkling water and each time I got 20 bottles of Perrier. 

That is one for one as the mini bar contains 10 alcoholic and 10 non-alcoholic beverages.

11 hours ago, Thrak said:

After viewing the suite benefits, if you can determine exactly what "enhanced turn down service" means please let us know. Many have wondered about this and asked about it but there seems to be no "definitive" answer!

Your chocolate is placed with tender loving care rather then being tossed on the pillow :).

Hank

On 10/27/2018 at 1:29 AM, Thrak said:

It includes two glasses of Talisker Scotch and a choice of hot buttered popcorn or Garrett Cheese Popcorn.