Urgent cruise compas & menus needed

Why do people need to look at this stuff in advance?

Do you really need to plan every minute of activity & meal before your trip even starts.

Scour every website, pictures, and video of the ship to learn everything.

It kind of takes the fun out of vacation if you over-plan everything.

Leave a little surprise for when you get on the ship.

For me, I do zero planning(except book all the shows on the oasis ships, but never go).

I don't look at a menu until I sit down...

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, matj2000 said:

Do you really need to plan every minute of activity & meal before your trip even starts.

For me, I do zero planning(except book all the shows on the oasis ships, but never go).

Thank you.

1 hour ago, livingituptwo said:

Hello, can anyone please provide recent dining room menus and cruise compass for Harmony Of The Seas 7 Night Western Caribbean Cruise? Thanks in advance for your assistance.

1 hour ago, matj2000 said:

Did you think for a second, maybe someone in thier party may have a food alergy.  Or maybe someone has autism?  Any with that you need to have structure and advanced planning anytime you go away under certain circumstances or severity.  

Or perhaps they are not spur of the moment people who like to plan ahead. Because they are excited.  Sorry to inform you but the sun does nit rise and set on your terms.  

God bless...

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, joelheather said:

Did you think for a second, maybe someone in thier party may have a food alergy.  Or maybe someone has autism?  Any with that you need to have structure and advanced planning anytime you go away under certain circumstances or severity.  

Or perhaps they are not spur of the moment people who like to plan ahead. Because they are excited.  Sorry to inform you but the sun does nit rise and set on your terms.  

God bless...

Thanks for support and understanding. Blessings to you and yours!

2 hours ago, livingituptwo said:

Hello, can anyone please provide recent dining room menus and cruise compass for Harmony Of The Seas 7 Night Western Caribbean Cruise? Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Hi livingituptwo ☺️

Here is a link to a 7-night Western cruise compass for Harmony.

https://issuu.com/hochmania/docs/day1-merged-compressed_b528d55b184ce3

😊

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, joelheather said:

God bless...

I understand the menu but not the urgency for the compass.

27 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

I understand the menu but not the urgency for the compass.

I agree,   since the Compass can easily change, especially if a new CD or Activity Manager takes over.

3 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

I agree,   since the Compass can easily change, especially if a new CD or Activity Manager takes over.

Honesty, there are a lot of reasons people probably ask in advance.  New to cruising, new to a ship, like to have plans, builds anticipation, etc.  

For us there are two things.  First it is build up, simple anticipation.  Like an appetizer.  It's not planning out every minute, but having an overall sense of what they do on sea days, what movies were showing at the Aqua Theater, etc.  I realize that for people who cruise several times a year this seems silly, and admit that once you have been on a ship a number of times (even 2) it is less necessary, but to me it's like watching a movie you enjoy, even though you have seen it 10 times.  I also look at the CD list and see what ship my CD is currently on.  It seems like the activities change more by CD than ship.  I will literally decide to go to Love and Marriage and Quest based more on CD than anything else.  Recent compasses also give an indication of the Trivia Topics. 

The bigger reason, which is probably the point for a lot of people, I am a type A personality.  I could no more not research and plan, than I could not breathe.  Where others are asking "Why do this", I look at it as why not.  How am I hurt by doing it?  I am happiest when I am gathering up data.   I am never disappointed, because I know what might happen and am prepared.  

I do admit that I use Google and the Search Function here and don't think I have ever asked for one.  Also I focus more on Youtube videos, deck plans, port information, and recent reviews.  But I do pull compasses as well.

3 hours ago, livingituptwo said:

You posted and asked for the cruise compasses in August.  You received them then.

27 minutes ago, Domino D said:

Honesty, there are a lot of reasons people probably ask in advance.  New to cruising, new to a ship, like to have plans, builds anticipation, etc.  

For us there are two things.  First it is build up, simple anticipation.  Like an appetizer.  It's not planning out every minute, but having an overall sense of what they do on sea days, what movies were showing at the Aqua Theater, etc.  I realize that for people who cruise several times a year this seems silly, and admit that once you have been on a ship a number of times (even 2) it is less necessary, but to me it's like watching a movie you enjoy, even though you have seen it 10 times.  I also look at the CD list and see what ship my CD is currently on.  It seems like the activities change more by CD than ship.  I will literally decide to go to Love and Marriage and Quest based more on CD than anything else.  Recent compasses also give an indication of the Trivia Topics. 

The bigger reason, which is probably the point for a lot of people, I am a type A personality.  I could no more not research and plan, than I could not breathe.  Where others are asking "Why do this", I look at it as why not.  How am I hurt by doing it?  I am happiest when I am gathering up data.   I am never disappointed, because I know what might happen and am prepared.  

I do admit that I use Google and the Search Function here and don't think I have ever asked for one.  Also I focus more on Youtube videos, deck plans, port information, and recent reviews.  But I do pull compasses as well.

Still.....I do not consider this "urgent" 

On 10/27/2018 at 3:11 PM, LXA350 said:

Why can't people suprise themselves. Like this there will also not be any disapointment once on board as a certain activity you looked forward too will not be offered on your sailing etc

Some people are more type A and detail oriented and want to know what might be going on so that they can plan accordingly. For they might have anxiety issues or other facets of their personalties, such as myself, that needs to do extensive research and planning. Such as I always look at tons of sample menus beforehand because I am usually traveling with someone with a strict dietary restrictions. Therefore, reviewing the menus that might happen, since RCL doesn't change those much, is very helpful in booking reservations for all dinners, especially specialty restaurants. 

There is also for budgeting reasons. I like to know around how much drinks, Internet, specific fee based activities, excursions, internet, bingo, etc cost as a baseline for creating a budget for my cruise. 

Regarding the compasses, I personally don't consider this urgent, but I do like to look at all of the ones that I can find. Not to plan out every detail as I never do that necessarily. But to have an idea of how many of the typical activities sounds fun to do. This way I can be prepared in case not a lot of them sound good, then I can bring games, books and such to entertain myself instead. Everyone has different needs and wants for cruises and while not planning everything or looking at everything might not be for you, someone else might need it. 

Personally for myself, if I don't do a lot of planning and research I will get a lot of anxiety over it and will become stressed out as I am very type A almost obsessive over planning and being prepared And while it might seem excessive to others, it is almost a necessity for myself. 

But to each their own. Thank you to everyone on here that has provided answers and understanding to the OP for their question. 

Good luck to everyone on their cruises 🙂

On 10/27/2018 at 10:07 AM, livingituptwo said:

Add the people who are UNHELPFUL to your ignore list. Then you won’t see anymore of their useless posts and your CC experience will be better. Happy to say that a couple of comments on this thread were already hidden from my view because these users posted enough nonsense for which I previously decided to block them  😜

• Like 4

1 minute ago, WestCoastCruiser123 said:

Add the people who are UNHELPFUL to your ignore list. Then you won’t see anymore of their useless posts and your CC experience will be better. Happy to say that a couple of comments on this thread were already hidden from my view because these users posted enough nonsense for which I previously decided to block them  😜

That is a good idea. 

• Like 1

For some people the planning is part of the fun of the trip. Live and let live! If not planning is your thing great but why make someone feel bad because they want to plan ahead and see the compass. Just unnecessary and mean.  So she used the word Urgent and it's not to you, Big Deal. Wish people could be a little  nicer. We are here because we all like to cruise. Let's focus on that.  

• Like 2

On 10/27/2018 at 10:20 AM, matj2000 said:

I agree Mat, I have no desire to plan things to that extent

5 minutes ago, SRF said:

If it excites you, keep the ones from your last cruise.  They will be just as valid as one posted from another random cruise.

Um no they aren’t. Some parts might be the same, but unless you do cruises constantly and on the same ship they are going to change. If it has been a year or more since your last cruise then your old compass is going to be different than current ones. Maybe not different by much but still different. Especially if you are doing a different ship or itenerary. But with the app, now the compass can be looked up for a lot of different ones to give you a good idea of what to expect. Thanks. 

I would also add that unless you are on a cruise with a theme such as halloween/thanksgiving or christmas etc, generally you have a standard entertainment program, the main repetitive gameshows and headliner/shows are usually on the same days, so it is a guide, granted not set in stone, to your plans to book the days of your entertainment, what days you want your specialty dining and your MDR reservations, which if you are a group of people you have no choice but to book in advance, i.e plan!

Also why should anyone justify asking anything, this is a website designed for people to ask questions, why on earth are there so many unhelpful nasty people on this website - I see at least 4 on this thread alone. So people keep asking questions and if someone says research previous threads, the results do not always show up. This problem of unhelpful replys has been escalating over the last year and those people who respond as such should be blocked by the moderators as it is obviously a not what this website should be about.