Crepes Anyone

Laszlo

On 10/31/2018 at 1:20 AM, cruiseat50 said:

DH refuses to go to the buffet but I am going to try to remember to try one or two of these.  When are they available or do they have them all day?  I would want one probably in afternoon or evening.

Later in the evening after the show, my husband would always want a slice of pizza and that gave me an excuse to get a crepe! So so good!!

On the Escape they were at the buffet in the far aft section at dinner time that is used for pre made sandwiches at lunch time.  Went on night one after enjoying the prime rib.  It was the only time all week we ate there.  But if you eat dinner in the MDR early, you could always go to the buffet around 930 or so to have dessert with a crepe or two.

4 hours ago, SoccerMom9195 said:

Is the crepe station set up at night on Getaway?

Our last cruise on the Gem only offered them during the dinner hours in the buffet.

We love going later in the evening to enjoy a crepe and ice cream. 

It was a year or so ago.  One station in the buffet, aft as I recall.  Only in the evenings.

My assumption is all the NCL ships have them with the exception of Bliss.  Bliss has them in CoCos and you have to pay for them.  My guess is that over time, NCL will figure out a way to move them from the buffets to a place where you have to pay for them on all the ships.

13 hours ago, SoccerMom9195 said:

Is the crepe station set up at night on Getaway?

Our last cruise on the Gem only offered them during the dinner hours in the buffet.

We love going later in the evening to enjoy a crepe and ice cream. 

yes, it is. But, to our major disappointment, they overcook them to death. Literally.

Crepes were wonderful on Jade, but absolutely overdried crispy crunchy crap on Getaway. Might have as well named them biscotti...

The station is at the buffet in the evening, however, it's on the opposite - empty - side. The buffet is served on one side only during dinner, so you walk over to the other side for crepes.

We finally started asking to bake/fry/cook them for half the time and they became much better, but still not as heavenly as Jade's.

We were on Jade in November 2018 and on Getaway in December 2018.

Here is a Jade crepe.

20181118_204000.jpg.b0a9ed32d4acab1757a71152f9e085a1.jpg

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy

We LOVED the crepes on the Getaway (been on her 3 times now) We were wondering if there is a crepe station on the buffet on the Bliss. (I know you can buy them at one of the specialty dessert places) I am just hoping they still have the complimentary ones in the evening buffet.

It was reported on a week long cruise report that one night on a recent sailing they were available at the buffet, but it's not an everyday thing similar to other ships in the fleet.  You can though add money to NCL's bottom line and pay extra for them at Coco's on the Bliss.

The price of the go carts went up since the inaugural as well as an increase from 19.95 to 29.95 for the Prohibition Show, making it go from 24 to 36 after factoring in the gratuity. It's just more ways that they squeeze your wallet. That's why our next three cruises after our Bliss cruise next month are on other lines.

I only saw them one time in the buffet on Escape in June.  I did take advantage of it and stop so yummy. But never saw it open again but that could of been the time of day we went to the buffet