Oct 22 TA returning early...

I just saw on the Port Everglades schedule that the Allure is leaving terminal 18 at 11am Sunday 11/4 and Reflection is arriving there at 11:30am.  That must be what you are referring to.  I assume Reflection leaves after the evacuation and Allure comes back for the departing passengers on 11/4.   Wow!

1 hour ago, teltrainer said:

I just saw on the Port Everglades schedule that the Allure is leaving terminal 18 at 11am Sunday 11/4 and Reflection is arriving there at 11:30am.  That must be what you are referring to.  I assume Reflection leaves after the evacuation and Allure comes back for the departing passengers on 11/4.   Wow!

The Allure is going to be sailing out of Miami. They will drop us off Sunday and go to Miami to pick up passengers for a six day cruise so they can get back to the Sunday to Sunday seven day cruises.

1 hour ago, teltrainer said:

Allure is leaving at 1130 am and moving to Miami, its new homeport.  It will pick up passengers there on Monday 11/5.   The Port Schedule shows Reflection remaining at 18 until Monday at 4pm.

Steve

8 minutes ago, stevea36 said:

Allure is leaving at 1130 am and moving to Miami, its new homeport.  It will pick up passengers there on Monday 11/5.   The Port Schedule shows Reflection remaining at 18 until Monday at 4pm.

Steve

8 minutes ago, grandgeezer said:

The Allure is going to be sailing out of Miami. They will drop us off Sunday and go to Miami to pick up passengers for a six day cruise so they can get back to the Sunday to Sunday seven day cruises.

Ahh  that makes sense.  I didn't realize it was moving.  Interesting that it coincides with the Reflection needing to come back in early for Medical Emergency according to the OP

Thanks guys!!

If this was a true medical emergency, they would have done a helicopter pick up from Bermuda or from our ship when we were within helicopter range.  There has to be more to the story than we know at present....

additionally, the captains announcement spoke about going back out for the last night, but the port everglades schedule shows us docked overnight, arriving at dock 18 at noon.

time will tell....

update:  guest services now thinks we will be docking to evacuate the emergencies at 8 am tomorrow morning....if so, the port Everglades info is wrong..or we are doing a sea transfer of the medical emergencies...or ?

just a bit of intrigue....adds some mystery to our cruise...

Edited by ghstudio
  • Thanks 1

From my understanding of the rumors that I have heard the people in question have some issues that are not life-threatening but are creating a great deal of discomfort and pain. I don't think we will be docked and staying in Port for 24 hours. I believe if they did that there would be a number of people that would start requesting to be allowed to get off the ship. That would create Havoc with customs and Logistics. My guess is that we will leave port and do a Cruise to Nowhere.

• Like 1

I accidentally posted port canaveral but quickly edited my post.

stilllooking.... is correct, the medical conditions do not warrant the inherent risks of a helicopter evacuation.  Celebrity will be picking up the extra fuel cost to run at full speed to get the passengers to a proper treatment facility.  The captain said the extra fuel cost is around $250,000.

we will dock briefly and then go back out to sea.

33 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

Well it is past 8 and we aren’t anywhere near docked so someone misinformed Guest Services🙁

Due to Daylight Savings Time an additional hour was gained during the night so it's not quite 8:00 in Florida yet.  

Yes, this is an interesting case where ship time and shore time don’t match.  The ship will change clocks tonight and then they will match again.

of course, it wasn’t known that we would have this short docking when they made the schedule of clock changes for this TA.

22 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

Yes, this is an interesting case where ship time and shore time don’t match.  The ship will change clocks tonight and then they will match again.

of course, it wasn’t known that we would have this short docking when they made the schedule of clock changes for this TA.

THE ETA is listed as 11:30 Local Time 

54 minutes ago, MixerDave said:

According to Marine traffic - ETA is 11:30 - currently cruising at 18.1 Knots - wheres the 22 knots captain talked about - wonder if Celebrity told him to slow down to conserve fuel?

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/shipid:1688/zoom:10

I think they need to wait until the Allure leaves the dock.  It's supposed to leave around 11

2 hours ago, LXA350 said:

Wouldnt it be better to evacuate the passengers by a pilot / coast guard boat when close to shore instead of the whole manuver to dock in port etc?

Without knowing the condition of the ill passenger(s) it’s safe to say that would have been considered and docking at Ft. Lauderdale was the preferred option.  Transferring to a Pilot boat probably isn’t as easy as you’d given especially if the passenger has mobility issues.