Shareholder OBC

Red Hat Cruise Cat

I book directly through HAL, so I see the total per person OBC on my confirmation from them.  The way I know when the stockholder credit has been applied is when I see that my OBC is higher than my DW's (only one person per stateroom gets this stockholder credit.

One thing that I do is hold my CCL stock in a joint account.  That way, if either one of us takes a cruise without the other, that person still gets the OBC.  If I held it in my IRA for example, only I would qualify for it.

• Like 2

When I FAX my shareholder proof to the HAL World Cruise Desk, I always include a cover note specifying the Cruise booking number, my mariner number and the dates of the specific cruise to which the shareholder credit is to be applied.  I ask for confirmation to be sent to my e-mail.  On Oct. 23, 2018, I requested the credit for my December cruise.  By the time I arrived home from the local copy shop that sends my FAX, the confirmation was already in my e-mail inbox.  I print that and take it onboard with me.

• Like 1

On 11/4/2018 at 11:43 AM, DaveOKC said:

One thing that I do is hold my CCL stock in a joint account.  That way, if either one of us takes a cruise without the other, that person still gets the OBC.  If I held it in my IRA for example, only I would qualify for it.

I'd do that too, if we had a joint account, so instead we have the CCL and RCL stock in the DW's SEP-IRA account. I don't really ever see myself taking a cruise without her, but she often takes a girls cruise with her friends, so that way it works out best. We share the OBC together when we cruise and she gets a small amount to use when off with her girlfriends on the short cruises they do. 

I faxed in ours on Sunday afternoon, and the credit was there on Tuesday. I love the “TinyFax” App on my iPad. I can screen shot the relevant page on my investment account, mark it up by blurring out our account number, highlight our name and the CCL stock and voila! On my cover page, via the TinyFax App I write the reservation number, ship and sail date, and our cabin number. It takes less than five minutes to do that!

1 hour ago, NYteacher said:

I faxed in ours on Sunday afternoon, and the credit was there on Tuesday. I love the “TinyFax” App on my iPad. I can screen shot the relevant page on my investment account, mark it up by blurring out our account number, highlight our name and the CCL stock and voila! On my cover page, via the TinyFax App I write the reservation number, ship and sail date, and our cabin number. It takes less than five minutes to do that!

I’ve never heard of TinyFax App!  Will that work for an iPhone too?   I’ll have to google.

21 hours ago, SumoCitrus said:

I got an email confirming OBC was applied about 24 hours after I sent the fax.

Well I have sent 3 faxes over 3 days and received neither a reply or an acknowledgement.

Any advice would be very welcome.

BTW I am a UK resident.

Thanks in advance

Annie

Edited by anniegb

On 11/9/2018 at 10:24 AM, anniegb said:

Well I have sent 3 faxes over 3 days and received neither a reply or an acknowledgement.

Any advice would be very welcome.

BTW I am a UK resident.

Thanks in advance

Annie

The fax number we have is 1-206-281-0627 (from Canada).  I think you have to put a 01 in front of that to send from the UK?  Is that the number you have?  

Oops. DH says it is 00 you have to put in front of the number we use.

Edited by Vict0riann

17 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

The fax number we have is 1-206-281-0627 (from Canada).  I think you have to put a 01 in front of that to send from the UK?  Is that the number you have?  

Oops. DH says it is 00 you have to put in front of the number we use.

Thanks

The fax number I have is:

206-270-0680

I picked this number up from the Carnival Corporation website.  However I will now try your number as well.

Annie

51 minutes ago, anniegb said:

Thanks

206-270-0680

I picked this number up from the Carnival Corporation website.  However I will now try your number as well.

Annie

Your number Is the same as the one I used.  I had my OBC in minutes, literally (as long as you fax while they are open).

I wonder if the time change is the problem?  And you might want to try to 'time it' for operning hours.  then, if you get no where give them a call.  There's a 1-800 number for North America and I hope one for the UK and Europe 😉 

7 minutes ago, kazu said:

Your number Is the same as the one I used.  I had my OBC in minutes, literally (as long as you fax while they are open).

I wonder if the time change is the problem?  And you might want to try to 'time it' for operning hours.  then, if you get no where give them a call.  There's a 1-800 number for North America and I hope one for the UK and Europe 😉 

Thanks.

Of course there is not a 1-800 number for Europeans but a premium rate number. Dollars per minute.

I ass-u-med the fax would arrive for the opening of their business hours and they would action it. 

I will try again tomorrow.

Thanks again

Annie

19 hours ago, kazu said:

An Update

After spending 7 hours on email today, not continuously, I have now received within the last 30 minutes, 5 separate confirmations that the OBC has been assigned.  It had been assigned the day I made the application but no-one advised me of the outcome.

Thank you everyone for your assistance.

Annie

Edited by anniegb
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, anniegb said:

An Update

After spending 7 hours on email today, not continuously, I have now received within the last 30 minutes, 5 separate confirmations that the OBC has been assigned.  It had been assigned the day I made the application but no-one advised me of the outcome.

Thank you everyone for your assistance.

Annie

I'm glad your OBC has been applied and things are sorted out for you 😄

22 hours ago, anniegb said:

Thanks

206-270-0680

Annie

Did that number work?  When I looked at website it shows ending in 6080 not 0680?

I have to send one in December myself so just checking.  Thanks.  

FBE8A0AB-BC13-4E3E-A2FE-4326DB12F91D.jpeg

13 minutes ago, canadianbear said:

Did that number work?  When I looked at website it shows ending in 6080 not 0680?

I have to send one in December myself so just checking.  Thanks.  

FBE8A0AB-BC13-4E3E-A2FE-4326DB12F91D.jpeg

Sorry my typo - on my original faxes I used : 206 270 6080 and that worked. They just didn't send any confirmation until today.

Annie