Coffee Card Expiration

SteelerFanXL

Sorry if this has been addressed already. 

I have one full coffee card which is not dated but does have the voyage number and ship name filled in.  Would this be treated the same as being dated and expire the end of this year?

thanks for any replies!

19 minutes ago, SteelerFanXL said:

I have one full coffee card which is not dated but does have the voyage number and ship name filled in.  Would this be treated the same as being dated and expire the end of this year?

thanks for any replies!

Since the June change to a digital coffee program (coffees expire at the end of a cruise) cards such as yours without a date will expire on 8/31/19.  Until then punches are usable for coffees (brewed or specialty) until that date.

Some have cards that are marked with an expiration date of 12/31/18.

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 1

From Princess:

New Grounds Coffee Package

Terms & Conditions 2018 (For cards purchased for voyages prior to June 2018)

What is Included

• The package includes the pre-purchase of a specified number of specialty coffees (numbers vary by itinerary) as well as complimentary brewed coffee and hot chocolate during the VOYAGE OF PURCHASE.
  • Guests may redeem the number of specialty coffees as noted on the coffee package card in locations where espresso is available. This will include select bar and dining areas and varies by ship and/or itinerary.
  • Each punch is good for one specialty coffee, regardless of the cost of the specialty coffee.
  • Selections and service are limited to that venue’s menu offerings and operating hours.

Package Details and Qualifications

• The package may be pre-purchased up to 4 days prior to boarding the vessel.
  • The package is NOT available for pre-purchase within 3 days of sailing.
  • Coffee cards are valid until the expiration date printed on the card. If NO expiration date is printed on the card it is valid until August 31, 2019.
  • Unused punches may be used on subsequent voyages unless the card has expired.
  • Free brewed coffee is available only on the voyage of issue.
  • Coffee cards cannot be sold or otherwise transferred to any individual. Coffee package cards are only valid for use by the purchaser.

Exclusions and Limitations

• Does NOT apply to bottled or ready to drink items such as canned coffee items etc.
  • CANNOT be redeemed when ordering Room Service or for Mini Bar items in cabin.

Terms and Conditions

• Each card must display the date of purchase to be valid.
  • Cards without a date of purchase will have one added at the time of service by a crew member.
  • Cards that have been purchased from secondary sources, other than Princess Cruises, altered, tampered with, photocopied or are expired will be retained by the vessel at their sole discretion and are considered void.
  • Princess Cruises may modify, amend or update the terms and conditions of our beverage packages / offers at any time with or without notice to guests. The terms and conditions as published on princess.com on the date of sailing will apply.
  • Not all exclusions or limitations can be foreseen or published here and may exist or be implemented with or without notice.
  • Pricing is subject to change without notice, and for vessels designated in a foreign currency (Australia as an example), packages purchased in advance may vary from onboard pricing due to timing and currency fluctuations. Guests will NOT incur additional charges, nor be issued any credits or refunds for such currency variances.
  • Unused punches have no cash value and are considered forfeit if the card is lost, stolen, irretrievably damaged or expired. The honoring of unused punches on future voyages is allowed up to the expiration date but may be discontinued at any time without notice or recourse.
  • By purchasing a coffee package card, you agree to these and all future terms and conditions.

4 hours ago, SteelerFanXL said:

thanks for any replies!

You say there is no date, fine. However the voyage number is unique to each cruise. I recall when that change took place, everything hit the fan. Card was good only good for that cruise. You can make the attempt to use, but it may end up in an embarrassing situation.

8 hours ago, SteelerFanXL said:

thanks for any replies!

I have several and I had no problem using mine last month on the CB and currently on the Regal. 1 punch for each drink fresh brewed or otherwise.

41 minutes ago, jlp20 said:

You can make the attempt to use, but it may end up in an embarrassing situation.

Why would he/she "end up in an embarrassing situation?"  My DH has a card with a past cruise number and no date with 14 punches left.  Just what he needs for our upcoming 14 day December cruise.  He plans to use it but should it be rejected he definitely won't be embarrassed but will ask for an explanation since everything I've read said it should be good until next August.

4 hours ago, Thrak said:

From Princess:

• By purchasing a coffee package card, you agree to these and all future terms and conditions.

i.e. They can change the expiration date to any they want.

35 minutes ago, capriccio said:

Why would he/she "end up in an embarrassing situation?"  My DH has a card with a past cruise number and no date with 14 punches left.  Just what he needs for our upcoming 14 day December cruise.  He plans to use it but should it be rejected he definitely won't be embarrassed but will ask for an explanation since everything I've read said it should be good until next August.

Please let me know if the card is accepted.  If it's refused, i will not be thrilled but certainly not embarrassed.

thanks

3 hours ago, SteelerFanXL said:

Please let me know if the card is accepted.  If it's refused, i will not be thrilled but certainly not embarrassed.

thanks

Did you read post#2 and #6?

They are all good until August 31 2019 unless they have an expiration date on them.

23 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Did you read post#2 and #6?

They are all good until August 31 2019 unless they have an expiration date on them.

I did read #2 & 6 and also #5.  Based on your certainty, #5 is incorrect.  

However, in #6 it did not say the voyage number was listed on the card.  

Thanks All, Case Closed!!

3 hours ago, SteelerFanXL said:

I did read #2 & 6 and also #5.  Based on your certainty, #5 is incorrect.  

However, in #6 it did not say the voyage number was listed on the card.  

Thanks All, Case Closed!!

Mine have both ship and Voyage # and some cards with nothing. I have used 2 cards over the last week and they both have a ship/voyage number on them from previous cruises. 

Now you never know you could get onboard and you may find a crew member that wants to be difficult, as someone on Cruise Critic has posted in the last few months. 

I think you will be fine.

• Like 1

No problem using ours in September on the Royal--both in the dining room and at the International Café. I even used it for one of the hot teas one day at the International Café and the server let me know it would cost a punch, almost apologetically. I let her know that was fine. (I already knew it.)

On 11/8/2018 at 2:39 PM, capriccio said:

Why would he/she "end up in an embarrassing situation?"

When Princess started to put cruise numbers on the cards, they changed their policy. Old cards without marking were to be good as long as one punch was intact. If the card has the cruise number, it was to be good for that cruise only. Because cruise numbers were confusing, they added the cruise date. Per Princess' old web site, your card expired the day you left the ship for that cruise. I am not saying employee ignored the whole thing and poured a cup.

1 hour ago, jlp20 said:

When Princess started to put cruise numbers on the cards, they changed their policy. Old cards without marking were to be good as long as one punch was intact. If the card has the cruise number, it was to be good for that cruise only. The change was to continue to allow any card with unused punches to have the punches used on a subsequent voyage. The free brewed coffee was only valid on the voyage the card was issued, even if all the punches had been used. Because cruise numbers were confusing, they added the cruise date. Per Princess' old web site, your card expired the day you left the ship for that cruise. I am not saying employee ignored the whole thing and poured a cup.

see above in red

On 11/8/2018 at 10:03 AM, Thrak said:

From Princess:

What is Included

• The package includes the pre-purchase of a specified number of specialty coffees (numbers vary by itinerary) as well as complimentary brewed coffee and hot chocolate during the VOYAGE OF PURCHASE.
  • Guests may redeem the number of specialty coffees as noted on the coffee package card in locations where espresso is available. This will include select bar and dining areas and varies by ship and/or itinerary.
  • Each punch is good for one specialty coffee, regardless of the cost of the specialty coffee.
  • Selections and service are limited to that venue’s menu offerings and operating hours.

Package Details and Qualifications

• The package may be pre-purchased up to 4 days prior to boarding the vessel.
  • The package is NOT available for pre-purchase within 3 days of sailing.
  • Coffee cards are valid until the expiration date printed on the card. If NO expiration date is printed on the card it is valid until August 31, 2019.
  • Unused punches may be used on subsequent voyages unless the card has expired.
  • Free brewed coffee is available only on the voyage of issue.
  • Coffee cards cannot be sold or otherwise transferred to any individual. Coffee package cards are only valid for use by the purchaser.

Exclusions and Limitations

• Does NOT apply to bottled or ready to drink items such as canned coffee items etc.
  • CANNOT be redeemed when ordering Room Service or for Mini Bar items in cabin.

Terms and Conditions

• Each card must display the date of purchase to be valid.
  • Cards without a date of purchase will have one added at the time of service by a crew member.
  • Cards that have been purchased from secondary sources, other than Princess Cruises, altered, tampered with, photocopied or are expired will be retained by the vessel at their sole discretion and are considered void.
  • Princess Cruises may modify, amend or update the terms and conditions of our beverage packages / offers at any time with or without notice to guests. The terms and conditions as published on princess.com on the date of sailing will apply.
  • Not all exclusions or limitations can be foreseen or published here and may exist or be implemented with or without notice.
  • Pricing is subject to change without notice, and for vessels designated in a foreign currency (Australia as an example), packages purchased in advance may vary from onboard pricing due to timing and currency fluctuations. Guests will NOT incur additional charges, nor be issued any credits or refunds for such currency variances.
  • Unused punches have no cash value and are considered forfeit if the card is lost, stolen, irretrievably damaged or expired. The honoring of unused punches on future voyages is allowed up to the expiration date but may be discontinued at any time without notice or recourse.

Taking unused coffees that we have paid for is just another word for stealing.

DON

2 hours ago, donaldsc said:

Taking unused coffees that we have paid for is just another word for stealing.

DON

Take the time to read the cruise contract you agreed to. Each provision of the contract  takes effect for THAT CRUISE when you board the ship. You can pay in full for everything months before the cruise, but the "contract" can be rewritten up to embarkation. You bought a coffee card with certain conditions, Princess legally has the right to change any of those conditions. Nobody reads that document.

4 hours ago, jlp20 said:

Take the time to read the cruise contract you agreed to. Each provision of the contract  takes effect for THAT CRUISE when you board the ship. You can pay in full for everything months before the cruise, but the "contract" can be rewritten up to embarkation. You bought a coffee card with certain conditions, Princess legally has the right to change any of those conditions. Nobody reads that document.

I understand that the Cruise Contract takes precedence over everything and the cruise contract basically says that Princess can do absolutely any they want to do and I have absolutely no recourse.   However, common sense should tell you that regardless of what the cruise contract says, if I pay you for 10 pizzas and you only give me 2 and when I complain, you say tough - that is stealing.  What would you call it.

DON