Luggage direct to airport

Mugu

I doubt it. They have a program called Luggage Direct where you put your luggage out the night before and you don't see it again until your final destination. They also print out your boarding passes too. It's not available on all the airlines or out of all the airports. The cost, last Sunday was $25 per bag.  I don't know if it was a coincidence or not, but our two bags were in the first 20 or so on the carousel. 

Just now, grandgeezer said:

I doubt it. They have a program called Luggage Direct where you put your luggage out the night before and you don't see it again until your final destination. They also print out your boarding passes too. It's not available on all the airlines or out of all the airports. The cost, last Sunday was $25 per bag.  I don't know if it was a coincidence or not, but our two bags were in the first 20 or so on the carousel. 

I took your post to mean, just to the airport, not all the wayto your destination airport.

28 minutes ago, Mugu said:

From ship to Ft.Lauderdale airport and on to LAX.

Royal Caribbean offers Luggage Valet from FLL. 

Here is the information directly from RC:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/does-royal-caribbean-offer-luggage-valet

Luggage Valet is a service offered onboard which enables guests to bypass traditional airport check-ins. Guest who participate will be processed onboard the ship and receive their airline boarding passes, luggage tags as well as baggage claim checks for their checked-in luggage. 

Luggage Valet is offered at a minimal fee, plus the airline luggage fees. The per person fee is waived for guests staying in Grand Suites and above.

This service is available in these selected ports and airlines on 7 night sailings or longer:

PORT GUEST FLIGHT AND ALL
CONNECTIONS MUST BE WITH
Miami, Florida Miami International Airport (MIA)
American Airlines
Delta Air Lines (Domestic Flights Only)
United Airlines
Fort Lauderdale, Florida Fort Lauderdale–Hollywood International Airport (FLL)
Alaska Airlines
American Airlines
JetBlue
Southwest Airlines (Latest Flight 6pm)
United Airlines
Port Canaveral, Florida Orlando International Airport (MCO)
Alaska Airlines
American Airlines
Delta Air Lines
JetBlue
Southwest Airlines (Latest Flight 6pm)
United Airlines
Seattle, Washington Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA)
Alaska Airlines
American Airline
JetBlue
United Airlines

Other criteria for eligibility:

• You must be flying on the entirety of the journey with the same air carrier.
  • Your flight needs to be the same day of ship’s arrival.

* Participating airlines vary by port. Consult the Guest Relations Desk onboard for specific port qualifications and additional information. An additional fee will apply.

Absolutely love this program.  Last time I did it, it was $25/person up to two bags per person.  

There are also limits about what time your flight takes off -- they won't do it for really early or really late flights (I think 11am-6pm departures, but don't quote me).  

We love the luggage valet, worked like a charm (the costly and slow bus from port to airport setup by RCL, not so much...). It’s a free service for cruisers in full suites and $25 each otherwise as noted by others. But it would be so worth it!!! Easy peasy 💫 

Lynn

*as noted in the post by the always-on-top-of-things @Merion_Mom , it only works for certain airlines, certain airports, and within a specific tIme range. Good luck!

Edited by 2Beeze

Luggage VALET deals with your luggage going from your stateroom on the last night directly to the airport. You will get airline luggage tags as well as your boarding passes delivered to your stateroom.

Luggage DIRECT is a service that picks up your luggage from your home and delivers it directly to the ship on the day you are departing.

bosco

27 minutes ago, boscobeans said:

Luggage VALET deals with your luggage going from your stateroom on the last night directly to the airport. You will get airline luggage tags as well as your boarding passes delivered to your stateroom.

Luggage FORWARD is a service that picks up your luggage from your home and delivers it directly to the ship on the day you are departing.

bosco

Notice correction..  We have used both services, especially luggage VALET and feel it is well worth it if it is available. FORWARD is not cheap but in some cases it is worth it, not having to lug baggage from pre-cruise hotels and such.

Is the luggage valet for US citizens only? We are from Europe and this time we are flying from Miami to Orlando (American Airlines around 1:30pm so we should be able to use the service, right?) instead of flying back home and this sounds very handy. Have I understood it right: at the airport we just enter the security as we already got the boarding passes while onboard? Do we have to do the online check in for the flight or does RC everything for us? We have to pay the luggage fee for AA and we have already bought seats for the flight but I guess RC can handle things like that if they take care of our check in.

Just a little nervous about the luggage getting lost somewhere between the ship and Miami airport..

1 hour ago, Salo said:

Is the luggage valet for US citizens only? We are from Europe and this time we are flying from Miami to Orlando (American Airlines around 1:30pm so we should be able to use the service, right?) instead of flying back home and this sounds very handy. Have I understood it right: at the airport we just enter the security as we already got the boarding passes while onboard? Do we have to do the online check in for the flight or does RC everything for us? We have to pay the luggage fee for AA and we have already bought seats for the flight but I guess RC can handle things like that if they take care of our check in.

Just a little nervous about the luggage getting lost somewhere between the ship and Miami airport..

You're understanding everything right. 

You fill out a form telling RCI how many bags (up to two per person) you'll be checking, and then RCI checks you in for your flight and prints your luggage tags and prints your boarding pass (they put any luggage fees on your credit card, or you leave a note to let them know if you have free luggage for first class, etc.). 

You put the tags on your luggage and leave it in the hall on the last night.  RCI collects the luggage and transports it to the airport and checks it in for you.  

You get to the airport and go straight to security -- your bags are checked in by RCI and you already have your boarding pass printed.  When you arrive at your destination, you go collect your luggage at baggage claim.  

It feels like magic, but it really does work!  And it's TOTALLY worth the $25 fee per person to not have to deal with the hassle of waiting for your number to be called, then find your suitcase in a sea of other suitcases, etc.!!!!

On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 2:06 PM, Merion_Mom said:

Royal Caribbean offers Luggage Valet from FLL. 

Here is the information directly from RC:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/does-royal-caribbean-offer-luggage-valet

Luggage Valet is a service offered onboard which enables guests to bypass traditional airport check-ins. Guest who participate will be processed onboard the ship and receive their airline boarding passes, luggage tags as well as baggage claim checks for their checked-in luggage. 

Luggage Valet is offered at a minimal fee, plus the airline luggage fees. The per person fee is waived for guests staying in Grand Suites and above.

This service is available in these selected ports and airlines on 7 night sailings or longer:

PORT GUEST FLIGHT AND ALL
CONNECTIONS MUST BE WITH
Miami, Florida Miami International Airport (MIA)
American Airlines
United Airlines
Fort Lauderdale, Florida Fort Lauderdale–Hollywood International Airport (FLL)
Alaska Airlines
American Airlines
JetBlue
Southwest Airlines (Latest Flight 6pm)
United Airlines
Port Canaveral, Florida Orlando International Airport (MCO)
Alaska Airlines
American Airlines
Delta Air Lines
JetBlue
United Airlines
Seattle, Washington Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA)
Alaska Airlines
American Airline
JetBlue
United Airlines

Other criteria for eligibility:

• You must be flying on the entirety of the journey with the same air carrier.
  • Your flight needs to be the same day of ship’s arrival.

* Participating airlines vary by port. Consult the Guest Relations Desk onboard for specific port qualifications and additional information. An additional fee will apply.

As usual, I hoping this is RCCL sloppy website... this seems to state for POM, the flight has to be out of MIA and for PE the flight has to be out of FLL.  I thought previously there were cases that they would transport bags to the "other" airport and hope that has not changed.

Brad

$25 per person for up to two bags plus any airline luggage fees. No charge to full suite guests.

You will receive a form in your cabin midway through the cruise to turn in at guest services. You can also complete on cabin TV. Personally prefer to complete form and drop off at GS to make sure everything is in order. It’s also got a deadline to turn in - you have to get to GS on time. They are strict on cutoff time. 

1 hour ago, Nancybell said:

This sounds really good. 

So is it $25 per person up to two bags or is it per bag? Do you arrange this at guest services once on the ship?

Edited by Grandma Dazzles

16 hours ago, brillohead said:

It feels like magic, but it really does work!  And it's TOTALLY worth the $25 fee per person to not have to deal with the hassle of waiting for your number to be called, then find your suitcase in a sea of other suitcases, etc.!!!!

Thank you for your help! Sounds almost too good to be true. We will definitely give it a try!

One more thing. If using the luggage valet how does the disembarkation work? Can we leave the ship whenever we want to or do they still give us a group number? I’m not sure if we want to do the self disembarkation as our flight isn’t until 1:30pm but I can’t see why we should wait for our group to be called if we don’t even have any luggage to collect.

9 hours ago, Nancybell said:

This sounds really good. 

So is it $25 per person up to two bags or is it per bag? Do you arrange this at guest services once on the ship?

$25 per person up to two bags.

When flying first class with two bags free on the airline, I put both bags under my name on Luggage Valet and only paid one fee.  We just checked in the other person in my party ourselves with wifi. 

In a situation where each person gets one free checked bag, it might be cheaper to pay the $25 to RCI for both people.  

If both people have to pay for checked bags, you have to do the math to figure out if it's cheaper to put them both together on one person's Luggage Valet or to pay for two separate Luggage Valet fees (depends if there's a higher price for the second checked bag, etc.).

14 minutes ago, Salo said:

Thank you for your help! Sounds almost too good to be true. We will definitely give it a try!

One more thing. If using the luggage valet how does the disembarkation work? Can we leave the ship whenever we want to or do they still give us a group number? I’m not sure if we want to do the self disembarkation as our flight isn’t until 1:30pm but I can’t see why we should wait for our group to be called if we don’t even have any luggage to collect.

It really is worth it, for a simple $25 fee.  Ending a vacation with one less hassle is just so worth that extra money!

And yes, you can get in the line for disembarkation whenever you want.  You still have to wait in the line behind all the people waiting to fetch their luggage in order to get off the ship, but once the line gets to the open area where the luggage is piled up, you just go straight to the line for Customs instead of doing the whole mad scramble trying to find your bags.  

Edited by brillohead
clarification

9 hours ago, Aladdin22 said:

On Navigator at the moment and told no Luggage Valet. No reason. Very annoying, will have to look at luggage storage now 

We used luggage valet on navigator doing abc islands last November, only issue was luggage went to a totally different terminal at dfw airport which was a hassle, this was a free perk since we were in a suite,