Going to Mexico!

Clampram

I just booked the Mexican Riviera on the Royal for April. This is one cruise that we have wanted for quite some time. Also got a great Thanksgiving deal of $425.00OBC, plus free specialty dining

Going to combine this cruise with a week in San Diego...yay!

1 hour ago, Clampram said:

I just booked the Mexican Riviera on the Royal for April. This is one cruise that we have wanted for quite some time. Also got a great Thanksgiving deal of $425.00OBC, plus free specialty dining

Going to combine this cruise with a week in San Diego...yay!

Sounds like a great deal.. Enjoy your cruise.

Our usual travel company started their Thanksgiving promo this morning on line and the majority of the deal came from them. We also get Military credits and shareholder OBC.

I would love to squeeze in a tour at Universal if we have time - never been there either.

What week are you going??  We will also be on one of these 7 night sailings.  I've been looking forward to experiencing one of Princess's newer ships.  I know it is not even all that new anymore but compared to the Grand, she is brand spankin new.  

On 11/18/2018 at 10:18 AM, Clampram said:

Our usual travel company started their Thanksgiving promo this morning on line and the majority of the deal came from them. We also get Military credits and shareholder OBC.

I would love to squeeze in a tour at Universal if we have time - never been there either.

Error reply

Edited by mcrcruiser

We may stay a couple of nights in the Marina Del Ray area prior to the cruise and then, post cruise just go right down to San Diego and fly home from there.

We were thinking it would be better to get to Universal from Marina del Ray???

37 minutes ago, Qcruise said:

We're also on board this sailing.......group of four couples we got the sip n sail promo......looking forward to getting aboard a new class of vessel on the West coast........

We've been on the Royal and Regal and we are going on the Royal in December. We really like this class of ship

4 minutes ago, Clampram said:

We may stay a couple of nights in the Marina Del Ray area prior to the cruise and then, post cruise just go right down to San Diego and fly home from there.

We were thinking it would be better to get to Universal from Marina del Ray???

Actually you be best off  staying nearer Universal Studios   like the Sheraton  ( was  off the 101 freeway );which  is really close to Universal  Studios . When you want to  get to San Pedro for the cruise allow at least 2 to 2.5 hours because of heavy traffic  

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/traveladvisories/mexico-travel-advisory.html

Colima state – Level 4: Do Not Travel

Do not travel due to crime.

Violent crime and gang activity are widespread.

Travel for U.S. government employees is limited to the following areas with the noted restrictions:

• Colima City: U.S. government employees must travel on toll road 54D to reach Colima City from Guadalajara.
  • Manzanillo: U.S. government employees may travel by air or on route 200 from the Jalisco border. U.S. government employees are limited to the tourist and port areas between Marina Puerto Santiago and Playa las Brisas.

5 hours ago, Momma Rene said:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/traveladvisories/mexico-travel-advisory.html

Colima state – Level 4: Do Not Travel

Do not travel due to crime.

Violent crime and gang activity are widespread.

Travel for U.S. government employees is limited to the following areas with the noted restrictions:

• Colima City: U.S. government employees must travel on toll road 54D to reach Colima City from Guadalajara.
  • Manzanillo: U.S. government employees may travel by air or on route 200 from the Jalisco border. U.S. government employees are limited to the tourist and port areas between Marina Puerto Santiago and Playa las Brisas.

This is so sad ... such a wonderful area to visit with some of the nicest locals.  A few bad apples have ruined it for so many now.  

15 hours ago, Mike45LC said:

The seven day/3 port trip that the Original Poster  is probably taking does not go to the State of Colima.

The 3 port trip includes a tour to Colima when you are in Manzanillo.  The first quote includes other areas in addition to Colima.  All I am saying is be careful ----  

4 hours ago, Momma Rene said:

The 3 port trip includes a tour to Colima when you are in Manzanillo.  The first quote includes other areas in addition to Colima.  All I am saying is be careful ----  

The Princess three port Mex Riv itinerary is Cabo, Mazatlán and Puerto Vallarta.  It does not call at Manzanillo or Colima, and that travel advisory does not apply.

Of course, one should always be aware!

On 11/19/2018 at 11:19 AM, mcrcruiser said:

Actually you be best off  staying nearer Universal Studios   like the Sheraton  ( was  off the 101 freeway );which  is really close to Universal  Studios . When you want to  get to San Pedro for the cruise allow at least 2 to 2.5 hours because of heavy traffic  

That's where we stayed and it was very convenient for Universal Studios.  It's worth a visit if you've never been there. 
If you're departing on a Saturday, leave early to avoid most of the traffic.  Drive as far as you can, then stop and have breakfast to waste a little time. 

4 hours ago, Momma Rene said:

It does not include a trip to Colima unless you BUY a tour that goes there and I doubt Princess would put it's passengers in known danger.  There are many, many other things to do from PV and Mazatlan than going inland.  :classic_smile: