New Amex Offer

chamima

20 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

Which AMEX card?  I've used that twice on my green card but it has never appeared on my other two.  EM

I got it a few times on my gold rewards card, so far not this time.  DH has never got this offer

Edited by myfuzzy

Thanks for the head's up.

I just checked my green card and was offered 10,000 points for the $500 spend. For some reason I keep getting an offer of points instead of the statement credit. I got 15,000 point for a $750 spend last time but I was paying off my cruise so it was worth it. I already paid off my upcoming Feb cruise and getting extra points just isn't enough incentive for me to buy onboard credits. I wish I was offered a credit instead of the points. In most cases the points aren't even worth a penny a point.

Log in to your Amex account then scroll down the page and look for the Offers.  The offer is from World's Leading Cruise Line.  Click where is says to add. Use the card to pay for your cruise and you will receive a $100 credit when you spend  $500. 

2 hours ago, missymerv said:

Log in to your Amex account then scroll down the page and look for the Offers.  The offer is from World's Leading Cruise Line.  Click where is says to add. Use the card to pay for your cruise and you will receive a $100 credit when you spend  $500. 

So that always sets up an interesting dilemma for some.  For example, if I put my Seabourn booking on the AMEX card I will get a $100 credit.  But if I put it on the Chase Sapphire card I get $10,000 of cancellation/interruption insurance.  What would you choose ?

Hank

Darn....  not showing up on our 'Branded' AMEX cards.

I will keep checking!

Hitner,  we have bought good Third Party door-to-door travel insurance....

If you do see this insurance as a good benefit with CHASE, maybe buy $500.00 onboard credit with your AMEX after booking.

Edited by Wishing on a star

22 minutes ago, Hlitner said:

So that always sets up an interesting dilemma for some.  For example, if I put my Seabourn booking on the AMEX card I will get a $100 credit.  But if I put it on the Chase Sapphire card I get $10,000 of cancellation/interruption insurance.  What would you choose ?

Hank

Can't you just put the $500 on AX and the rest on your Chase, or does the Chase require you to put the whole cost on it.

26 minutes ago, myfuzzy said:

Can't you just put the $500 on AX and the rest on your Chase, or does the Chase require you to put the whole cost on it.

Interesting question for which I am not sure.  I will tell you that filing a claim with Chase and dealing with their claims folks is a long term exercise in patience :).  I am not sure I would want to further complicate matters by splitting payments on multiple credit cards.  We recently resolved a claim issue with Chase after nearly 2 months of back and forth.  The process was not fun, but the ultimate settlement did make it worth while.

Hank

1 hour ago, Hlitner said:

Hank

49 minutes ago, myfuzzy said:

I was going to suggest the same thing.

I've checked and checked the wording on Chase and I'm pretty sure that as long as you charge $10,000 (or whatever amount you would want as a refund) you DON'T need to charge the whole cruise on there.

I'm certainly no insurance expert but that's what I read.

I pulled up my email from yesterday and went down the list and found it.   It says:

Offer valid only for reservations booked between 11/20/2018 and 3/31/2019 

I am cruising right now and was going to go down and add $500 to my account but if I read this correctly, that will not work.   Has anyone received the offer when they paid while on the ship?  thanks

4 hours ago, hllwdcruiser said:

Thanks for the head's up.

I just checked my green card and was offered 10,000 points for the $500 spend. For some reason I keep getting an offer of points instead of the statement credit. I got 15,000 point for a $750 spend last time but I was paying off my cruise so it was worth it. I already paid off my upcoming Feb cruise and getting extra points just isn't enough incentive for me to buy onboard credits. I wish I was offered a credit instead of the points. In most cases the points aren't even worth a penny a point.

Ironically in all the Amex groups I’m in they complain when they get dollars instead of points!  They are worth much more than a penny if you’re redeeming them for airfares.