Jump to content

RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)


Recommended Posts

Update on our royal up experience to a star suite. We have had dinner at both Izumi and 150 Park the last 2 nights. The chef at Izumi was the best we’ve ever had on land or at sea. The food and service at 150 Park was incredible. We did have to pay for our children who are not in our star suite at these 2 restaurants. Last night our Genie decorated our suite and had a large cake waiting for us after dinner to celebrate our sons graduation. Our Genie Marla has been amazing and if you are lucky enough to have her she will treat you and anyone traveling with you wether in a suite or not like royalty. We are traveling with a group of 22 and they have all fallen in love with her just because she is so friendly and nice. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tulsacoker said:

I believe it requires your sail date to be within 30 days. That is what it telling me

You get that error for any issue, including if you are not eligible to bid, even inside 30 days. We have plenty of reports of folks bidding outside of 30 days without an e-mail.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, goldfish65 said:

 

Thanks.. way back on this thread, someone stated their maximum bid was raised after they bid. Good to hear that is not the norm. We sail in April, the category I want has shown on the website as sold out the whole time until now, it is available but more than I am willing to pay. I'm happy with what we have now but will see if a Royal Up offer comes along.

 

I'd be more worried about min bid going up

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tesam said:

Update on our royal up experience to a star suite. We have had dinner at both Izumi and 150 Park the last 2 nights. The chef at Izumi was the best we’ve ever had on land or at sea. The food and service at 150 Park was incredible. We did have to pay for our children who are not in our star suite at these 2 restaurants. Last night our Genie decorated our suite and had a large cake waiting for us after dinner to celebrate our sons graduation. Our Genie Marla has been amazing and if you are lucky enough to have her she will treat you and anyone traveling with you wether in a suite or not like royalty. We are traveling with a group of 22 and they have all fallen in love with her just because she is so friendly and nice. 

I know Izumi hibachi isn’t always included with thr dining package when you buy dining package, but hibachi was included with star class?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, hwmyones said:

I know Izumi hibachi isn’t always included with thr dining package when you buy dining package, but hibachi was included with star class?

Sorry to butt in but Izumi is now included with UDP (sometime for $10 charge) but for Star i think it will be all included

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, hwmyones said:

I know Izumi hibachi isn’t always included with thr dining package when you buy dining package, but hibachi was included with star class?

Yes it is included. Immune adult son and his girlfriend are in a balcony cabin so we had to pay for them. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

All dining venues are included for Star Class. The only additional charge for any dining option when you are SC is a $25 PP charge for the upgraded wine.  When going to Izumi hibachi you can order as many protein options and as many sushi add-ons as you wish at no additional charge.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Tulsacoker said:

Yes there is always a chance but in my limited experience the bid not accepted comes the evening before. Bids accepted can come at anytime so i would say decide what you are willing to pay and bod that amount.  

 

I don't usually get my "denied" bid until 4-6 am the morning of.  Expecting one for early tomorrow again.  😞 

Link to post
Share on other sites

10 Day Cruise - Currently Booked in Junior Suite - Voyager of the Seas
Min bid is listed below. Only 2 of us travelling on our honeymoon. 5 port days 4 sea days.


Royal Suite - $700 per person

Owners Suite - $450 per person
Grand Suite - 2 Bedroom - $200 per person

Grand Suite - 1 Bedroom - $150 per person

 

What's the play here?? Is it worth it for Grand v Owners? D+ first time in a Junior Suite, so going to love it either way. Super tempted by Royal Suite but really don't want to spend 1400$

Planning on going 250 for grand and 460 for owners. I think main question is owners worth it?? 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Biker19 said:

Welcome to CC.

 

Only you can determine that.

I get that... but looking for others experience in whether or not the room is worth the extra 150$ a person. Have they felt theyve utilized the space, etc.


there arent any extra perks associated with it vs grand?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally, I think $300 to go from a JS to a GS is definitely worth it - especially for your honeymoon and especially on a 9 night itinerary.  You would get breakfast in one of the specialty restaurants (not sure which one Vision uses) every morning and you can have room service from the MDR menu delivered to your suite without service charge.  You would also be able to take advantage of the nightly happy hour in the Concierge Lounge.  Not to even mention the additional space, which is nice, for a GS.  Full suites also get reserved seats in the Main Theater for nightly shows.  You could pop into the CL any time (24 hours) and get specialty coffee (assuming the machine is up and running properly...).

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, S904 said:

10 Day Cruise - Currently Booked in Junior Suite - Voyager of the Seas
Min bid is listed below. Only 2 of us travelling on our honeymoon. 5 port days 4 sea days.


Royal Suite - $700 per person

Owners Suite - $450 per person
Grand Suite - 2 Bedroom - $200 per person

Grand Suite - 1 Bedroom - $150 per person

 

What's the play here?? Is it worth it for Grand v Owners? D+ first time in a Junior Suite, so going to love it either way. Super tempted by Royal Suite but really don't want to spend 1400$

Planning on going 250 for grand and 460 for owners. I think main question is owners worth it?? 

 

I think the 2 bedroom grand suite has two bathrooms!  IMO well worth it- you both can get ready for the evening- the Owners suite (we had it), is a very large room IMO neither Grand nor owners suite worth it.  The Royal suite is a real treat also- but expensive.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/30/2020 at 12:48 PM, Tesam said:

We did have to pay for our children who are not in our star suite at these 2 restaurants.

 

It's up to the restaurant to charge the non-SC folks in your party.  Likely whoever ran the card at Jamie's decided not to charge.  It isn't up to the Genie at all.

 

I have experienced that this doesn't apply at all to the specialty dining in-room.  They don't know or care who partakes in the consumption.

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, puckstoper9 said:

We just received the email that our Royal bid was accepted. The sailing was only showing interior cabins available last week.

 

Sailing Feb 9,2020

Went from boardwalk balcony to oceanview balcony $150 pp.

Congratulations!! Great deal! Enjoy.We haven’t  heard on our bid for Liberty on March 1st....

But, got the email today regarding exclusion of passengers having been in China OR possessing passport for those regions. 
Thinking, sadly for those people barred from traveling, if might open up the Suites. Bid on JS to GS.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with RiverCruising, the River Cruise Experts
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...