Underage drinking/smuggling on HAL

Cruiser20183

1 hour ago, 1964IceCreamLady said:

I asked that same question!  He (Sam) said there were no issues.  Maybe the bartender has to make the effort to look up their age???   Sam seemed genuinely shocked when I told him he wasn't really allowed to be drinking.

I was posting(and I don't know why it double posted 🙄 ) more about the serve-your-own-beer-as-long-as-you-are-18

If you're underage it automatically pops up on the screen.  No extra effort is required.  I really don't understand this.

Roz

24 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

Koningsdam and N Statendam have them.  Use your card to pull a pint!

I figured you had to use your card, but I was asking for a bit more details the actual mechanics of it. For example, sometimes you can end up with a foamy pull where 1/4 or more of your glass ends up as foam and the bar tender would just pour off the foam and fill it up. On an automatic tap, how do you control the flow? 

11 hours ago, drowelf said:

I figured you had to use your card, but I was asking for a bit more details the actual mechanics of it. For example, sometimes you can end up with a foamy pull where 1/4 or more of your glass ends up as foam and the bar tender would just pour off the foam and fill it up. On an automatic tap, how do you control the flow? 

I have seen a few people use this self serve and have tried it myself. Its a total flop in my experience - does not pour well and I KNOW how to pour beer. Waste of time and $s, go to a bar and get a decent beer.

21 hours ago, drowelf said:

I have had 30 odd days on K'dam and never once did I see anyone use the machine!  Plenty stopped to look though!  Something in my distant memory recalls a charge per fluid ounce????  

Anyway, I don't drink beer, but if I did it would not be from a machine!

21 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

Koningsdam and N Statendam have them.  Use your card to pull a pint!

Does  it tip its self ?     I was in a hotel and the in room mini bar , which was computer  controlled.     You took something and it was instantly added to your bill.    AND  the machine  ADDED a tip for it's self   on top !!!!!

On ‎3‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 11:26 AM, Roz said:

How could the 19 yr. old be served the entire cruise, when his card would be coded to indicate his age?

Roz

One might speculate that HAL's skill at properly coding a card for underage drinkers is as good as their skill in designing their web site :).  

Hank

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

With the average drink price in a bar on HAL at  about $8 which is much cheaper than most land bars, why would you want to smuggle any booze aboard the Ship (not a boat). Spent this past week at a Renaissance  Hotel and Manhattan's were $13.95 each, but I was on an expense account, now that was some expensive drinking. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, terrydtx said:

With the average drink price in a bar on HAL at  about $8 which is much cheaper than most land bars, why would you want to smuggle any booze aboard the Ship (not a boat). Spent this past week at a Renaissance  Hotel and Manhattan's were $13.95 each, but I was on an expense account, now that was some expensive drinking. 

Thats like $50 Canadian 😂😳🤣

4 hours ago, Jareds_mommytoo said:

Ha...I was at the horel Regina  in Venice    2 drinks, nothing special ran $75USD

4 hours ago, Jareds_mommytoo said:

On 3/7/2019 at 11:55 AM, Roz said:

If you're underage it automatically pops up on the screen.  No extra effort is required.  I really don't understand this.

Roz

Easy; the bartender dropped the/his ball