Diamond lounges are over capacity and guests are being turned away

WOW!!!  Such negativity and complaining!!!   If ya'll aren't happy with Royal,  why do you continue to sail them? We are D+ and totally enjoy all of the Lounges on all the ships and are happy campers with the service and choices we are given!  Just came off the Navigator where we, once again, met terrific new friends that we spent every evening in the Lounge enjoying the perks.  But then, we DO NOT sail on the "monster ships"..not to our liking.  We don't go above Freedom class ships.  Don't care for kids and rude young people who have all migrated to the monster ships...obviously for the "theme park" atmosphere.  We will obviously remain loyal to Royal!!!!  

Have  a great cruise whichever ship you choose. Just MAKE IT FUN!!!!

12 minutes ago, island lady said:

And you still think the DL on Oasis is the smallest in the fleet?  Try some Vision class ships.  😉 

Maybe I should have said one of the smallest in the fleet. As Biker reminded me for the size of Oasis class.:classic_biggrin:

Edited by nelblu

1 hour ago, mistymusic said:

WOW!!!  Such negativity and complaining!!!   If ya'll aren't happy with Royal,  why do you continue to sail them? We are D+ and totally enjoy all of the Lounges on all the ships and are happy campers with the service and choices we are given!  Just came off the Navigator where we, once again, met terrific new friends that we spent every evening in the Lounge enjoying the perks.  But then, we DO NOT sail on the "monster ships"..not to our liking.  We don't go above Freedom class ships.  Don't care for kids and rude young people who have all migrated to the monster ships...obviously for the "theme park" atmosphere.  We will obviously remain loyal to Royal!!!!  

Have  a great cruise whichever ship you choose. Just MAKE IT FUN!!!!

We just came off the Navigator on Sunday and I agree with you!  It was one of the best cruises we have every taken.   The ports and the crew were wonderful!!

I love that class of ship and am sad that after the refurb they will do a few more 9 days and will then convert it to only 3/4 day cruises!  They have done the same to the Mariner...

GTO-Girl....we thought this cruise was our best yet....we loved everything about the Navigator.  We, too, are sorry to hear they are changing their itinerary to shorter cruises but that won't stop us from jumping on-board whenever we can.  😉

2 hours ago, island lady said:

But no drinky=poos served in there during cocktail hour when it was there... cocktails served in Blaze.  Which worked well for more space of course...and is being used as DL overflow this week.  

Not the week I was on Allure.  Plenty of booze up there.  And wobbly cast iron tables. This was 4th of July, no big C&A crowds.  I dont think Blaze was used.  No kids allowed either, but Fiona came up and said hi.

Edited by John&LaLa

This is only going to get worse and worse and in my opinion the special lounges (relating to C&A status) should simply be done away with.  D, D+, and Pinnacles are simply growing in numbers at a rate that it doesn't make sense to create special places for them on the ship.  RCI needs to find another way to reward "Loyal to Royal" cruisers. 

The current situation with the lounges is just going to make it more and more frustrating for folks who finally make D, D+ and Pinnacle. 

Instead of dedicated lounges, improve the cabin discounts, offer better perks, etc...

Dan

^ that's par for the course with their slow updates of the web site. Of course the cynic would say they are purposely using the old pic since it looks so much better than reality (which will change again next year). 

Edited by Biker19

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Not the week I was on Allure.  Plenty of booze up there.  And wobbly cast iron tables. This was 4th of July, no big C&A crowds.  I dont think Blaze was used.  No kids allowed either, but Fiona came up and said hi.

I was thinking about the original DL on Oasis (perfectly represented by above poster's old original picture).   At least at that time, before the CL became the DL, there were no drinks in the little DL during cocktail hour...just coffee in the morning.  Blaze for cocktails.  Loved the CL as one of the best at that time.  Have not been on Allure/Harmony (yet) or Symphony yet.   No desire to travel to Ft. Lauderdale when sister ship is here in PC doing same routes. 

Edited by island lady

9 minutes ago, Magnetchief said:

Maybe time to limit the amount  of D and D+ on the cruise.  

I would actually just prefer having a couple more drink coupons on my card.  I'm not one who likes to sit in the lounge but would prefer to be with my non D friends at a bar.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, fridaythe13th said:

I would actually just prefer having a couple more drink coupons on my card.  I'm not one who likes to sit in the lounge but would prefer to be with my non D friends at a bar.

Happily ....we are not all the same, what a boring world that would be.  Some prefer the lounges, some don't.  Does not make it right or wrong either way.  Just enjoying what you like...choice is good.  The DH and I prefer the lounges, meeting up with friends that have the same addiction...we love to cruise!  😄 

Edited by island lady

1 hour ago, The Fun Researcher said:

This is only going to get worse and worse and in my opinion the special lounges (relating to C&A status) should simply be done away with.  D, D+, and Pinnacles are simply growing in numbers at a rate that it doesn't make sense to create special places for them on the ship.  RCI needs to find another way to reward "Loyal to Royal" cruisers. 

The current situation with the lounges is just going to make it more and more frustrating for folks who finally make D, D+ and Pinnacle. 

Instead of dedicated lounges, improve the cabin discounts, offer better perks, etc...

Dan

I absolutely agree.  We will be diamond after our cruise next fall and I have absolutely no interest in standing/sitting in a crowded lounge.  I would much rather have drink coupons where I can go where I want or some OBC.  The more I read about the crowded areas, the less interested I am in going to these lounges.  Maybe they could have seats around the pool reserved for D and D+ only?  😋

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

I absolutely agree.  We will be diamond after our cruise next fall and I have absolutely no interest in standing/sitting in a crowded lounge.  I would much rather have drink coupons where I can go where I want or some OBC.  The more I read about the crowded areas, the less interested I am in going to these lounges.  Maybe they could have seats around the pool reserved for D and D+ only?  😋

...or extend the required points out further in order to make diamond starting January 2019. 😛

Edited by davekathy