Cafe Select Premium Coffee Card

bigeagle12

3 minutes ago, bigeagle12 said:

i have an old card that is probably 8 years old that has 4 coffee punches left on it .. is it still accepted onboard?

Yes...the punches are valid until 8/31/19 for a specialty or brewed coffee when all coffee cards will expire since implementing the new electronic coffee program in June 2018.

Edited by Astro Flyer

46 minutes ago, jlp20 said:

What I don't understand is a punch to pour a cup or do a labor intensive Latte.

Both.

When the card was used on the cruise it was purchased on, there was no punch required to get a cup of brewed coffee. But used on any subsequent voyage that requires a punch.

We have two coffee cards we purchased while on Royal Princess in March 2018.  One card has 6 punches left and the other card has not been punched at all.  However, both cards have expiration dates of December 31, 2018. We planned on using them on our b2b Crown Princess cruises in March 2019.  Are we going to be out of luck?

36 minutes ago, EMS8 said:

We have two coffee cards we purchased while on Royal Princess in March 2018.  One card has 6 punches left and the other card has not been punched at all.  However, both cards have expiration dates of December 31, 2018. We planned on using them on our b2b Crown Princess cruises in March 2019.  Are we going to be out of luck?

Based on their T&Cs you’re out of luck:

• Coffee cards are valid until the expiration date printed on the card. If NO expiration date is printed on the card it is valid until August 31, 2019.

If I had cards expiring on 12/31/18 & wasn’t allowed to use a card,  I would ask about using them & hopefully they’d allow them to be used.  Some baristas don’t check the back of the cards so maybe you’ll get to use the punches for a brewed or specialty coffee.

Edited by Astro Flyer

16 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

Based on their T&Cs you’re out of luck:

• Coffee cards are valid until the expiration date printed on the card. If NO expiration date is printed on the card it is valid until August 31, 2019.

If I had cards expiring on 12/31/18 & wasn’t allowed to use a card,  I would ask about using them & hopefully they’d allow them to be used.  Some baristas don’t check the back of the cards so maybe you’ll get to use the punches for a brewed or specialty coffee.

You wouldn’t just accept that you are not entitled to those benefits even though you know that you are not?

57 minutes ago, EMS8 said:

Yes you are out of luck.  

Card expires 12/31/2018.    🙄

It is clearly spelled out in the terms.

I may send an email to customer relations at Princess cruises and voice my displeasure.  It doesn’t make sense for new coffee cards to expire after only nine months, especially  when others are using cards that are “years” old.  Maybe I should just blacken out the expiration date!

5 minutes ago, EMS8 said:

I may send an email to customer relations at Princess cruises and voice my displeasure.  It doesn’t make sense for new coffee cards to expire after only nine months, especially  when others are using cards that are “years” old.  Maybe I should just blacken out the expiration date!

Well it is your cruise.  

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, EMS8 said:

That would be theft. Only you can judge your tolerance for thievery.

2 hours ago, bemis12 said:

That would be theft. Only you can judge your tolerance for thievery.

I would call Princess' change of policy to not honor something people paid good money for, "theft".

Edited by TriumphGuy

4 hours ago, TriumphGuy said:

I would call Princess' change of policy to not honor something people paid good money for, "theft".

I totally agree with you. Princess said your card would be good on your next cruise.  Now they are saying all the old cards will expire at the end of August  2019.  If you purchase your card last year and your next cruise is in September of 2019. 

Then who is the thief ? 

The Coffee Card Rebellion Continues.

Tony

46B45F08-DE95-48BD-8176-4EE1C833CEAE.jpeg

1198232F-092A-43B2-B651-EB9CF7E8138F.jpeg