Avocado Toast

MsSoCalCruiser

18 hours ago, fishywood said:

Well we could just look up the menu on the Princess site for Slice Pizzeria--and there it is:

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/ships-and-experience/ships/products/menus/Slice-Menu.pdf

So far Caribbean, Crown and Ruby Princess have this new Slice menu. No word if any other ships planned yet.

Thank you so much for posting! I have been missing out, clearly!

Thank you all for this delicious tidbit! We’ll be on the Caribbean Princess in 2 days. 😎 Fully intend to visit Slice and sample avocado toast. Love avocado on lots of things!  I grew up in NY with “real” bagels, am thinking avocado bagels. Yum. 

17 hours ago, Coral said:

They haven't modified the breakfast menu for decades (except for daily specials).

Well, lets put up a big fuss and get it on there! 

However, I love how everyone has figured out how to do it by themselves! I'll be doing this next time I board! 

Those who recommended going to Boudin's? Well, that would be awesome too! I always order their bread to be shipped for Christmas. Yum! 

45 minutes ago, RNGALNG said:

Well, lets put up a big fuss and get it on there! 

However, I love how everyone has figured out how to do it by themselves! I'll be doing this next time I board! 

Those who recommended going to Boudin's? Well, that would be awesome too! I always order their bread to be shipped for Christmas. Yum! 

The picture that I posted above was my very first Avocado Toast from Boudin's...So yummy!

38 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

The picture that I posted above was my very first Avocado Toast from Boudin's...So yummy!

We have a chain restaurant here that’s only open for breakfast and lunch. All healthy foods. They serve a multi grain toast with the avacado spread on it that’s killer! But, being a Bay Area girl from way back, I can imagine it on sour dough! My mouth is watering. I’m increasing my bread order now! 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RNGALNG said:

We have a chain restaurant here that’s only open for breakfast and lunch. All healthy foods. They serve a multi grain toast with the avacado spread on it that’s killer! But, being a Bay Area girl from way back, I can imagine it on sour dough! My mouth is watering. I’m increasing my bread order now! 

On sourdough is spectacular 

Avocado toast is nothing new.  I've been eating it for about 50 years, since I was a kid in Southern California.  Back then, it was just avocado on toast, perhaps with a little salt and pepper.  Nothing else needed.

58 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Eggs benny with Avo instead of the ham. And or add avocado to the hollandaise

Are you an avocadodo rancher?  🥑🥑🥑

move the merchandise.

Edited by Docker123

13 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

Are you an avocadodo rancher?  🥑🥑🥑

move the merchandise.

I wish I had some growing buggers are expensive, but unless I had a forest I wouldn’t vibe selling them, I like them too much.

On 12/6/2018 at 3:29 PM, MTJSR said:

Well this "California Toast" sure sounds way better than what "I believe" the O.P. was referring too.

Could definitely do without the cheese and pine nuts on the California toast. Bacon crumbles, hmmm, I'd have to give you that one.   Plain old Avocado toast is just delicious and extremely healthy too. 

16 hours ago, sherryf said:

Avocado toast is nothing new.  I've been eating it for about 50 years, since I was a kid in Southern California.  Back then, it was just avocado on toast, perhaps with a little salt and pepper.  Nothing else needed.

It’s new to this SoCal girl...  We always put our smashed avocado on a tortilla,  not on toast.  

22 hours ago, Docker123 said:

Smashed avocado, yummm

Avacado, goat’s cheese, dill, etc.  Poached eggs on sourdough.

E09F004A-664F-4750-83A9-B9DD4F8B287D.jpeg.538840fe0e0324ade05626ea46b0f3d4.jpeg

OMG !!! That looks amazing but being on KETO I would replace the bread with tomato slices top with bacon 🥓 strips and add all of the rest of those delicious ingredients on the picture : )

On 12/7/2018 at 9:35 PM, RNGALNG said:

Yes, I always put it on sourdough toast only at home.  The sliced sourdough from Trader Joe’s works well, but Boudin’s is amazing. 

Over 25 years ago we used to eat avocado on fresh sweet french bread. 

To me, avocado toast is just avocado and bread, not all fancied up with tons of other stuff, except maybe bacon crumbles. 😃

Edited by 4cats4me