Unlimited Soda & More Package?

encruiserpr

Hello.

I am considering prepaying a Unlimited Soda & More Package for my upcoming Regal Princess cruise. I bought one in the RC Freedom of the Seas and was great because the red Coke machines had a wide selection of soft drinks and non-carbonated drinks.  Does the Regal Princess carry these red Coke soft drink dispensers? Or do they serve soft drinks at the bars?  This would help me decide whether or not to purchase the Unlimited Soda & More Package.

Along the same line, Do you know if the Regal Princess staff lets you bring non-alcoholic beverages on board? 

Please advise. 

Thanks!

Edited by encruiserpr

There is no monetary advantage to prepaying but some people have said they have issues with it being loaded onto their card once onboard. We've always prepaid for convenience and never had any issues.

Princess does not have the Red Coke machines. You have to ask for your included in the package drinks from the bartenders or waitstaff. 

Princess allows you to bring your own non-alcoholic beverages onboard without limit.

Enjoy the Regal!

2 hours ago, encruiserpr said:

Hello.

I am considering prepaying a Unlimited Soda & More Package for my upcoming Regal Princess cruise. I bought one in the RC Freedom of the Seas and was great because the red Coke machines had a wide selection of soft drinks and non-carbonated drinks.  Does the Regal Princess carry these red Coke soft drink dispensers? Or do they serve soft drinks at the bars?  This would help me decide whether or not to purchase the Unlimited Soda & More Package.

Along the same line, Do you know if the Regal Princess staff lets you bring non-alcoholic beverages on board? 

Please advise. 

Thanks!

No red Coke soft drink dispensers and no machines. The Soda & More package, see details below, are fountain sodas only from the bars or bar waiters, no cans or bottles, plus mocktails and hot chocolate. Price is the same pre-purchased or on board. If purchased on board you have to purchase on boarding day, at one of the tables set up around the ship, and must purchase for the entire cruise. If you are dealing with foreign exchange then pre-purchase exchange rate could be a benefit.

You may carry or bring on as much non-alcoholic beverage as you wish. No limit. We like to bring the 7 oz cans of Coke. There is a fridge in every cabin to keep the soda cool.

Actually if you are Canadian and booked your cruise in Canadian funds, then there is an advantage in pre-paying for the beverage package. Whatever exchange rate you booked at is what you will be billed in CAN$. If you wait and pay for the package onboard, you'll be charged in US$ at the going exchange rate (which is usually higher than what you booked at). Same thing applies to the Bottled Water package and the regular Beverage Package. 

Edited by canadarocks
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, pm7334 said:

If you buy it on board, wait until the ship leaves the port. Otherwise you have to pay a tax. Once you are out to sea, no tax

Not our experience in California and Florida. There are tables around the ship that hand write the receipts. These receipts are processed in the evening after the ship sails with no local tax. In the past at the time of purchase a sticker was placed on the cruise card. With everything changing to electronic it will be good to ask purchase will be active, and if tax is added. 

We couldn’t find a soul who wanted to sell the package to us. We’d anticipated being hammered at every turn by sales folks. Didn’t happen. 

Finally gave up and went to the bar next to the IC and bought ours. 

Got a real surprise too. The bartender gave us a total of 4 one liter bottles of cold water. He said this was part of the package. 

Who knew?? We didn’t. 

Just now, Ep010835 said:

We couldn’t find a soul who wanted to sell the package to us. We’d anticipated being hammered at every turn by sales folks. Didn’t happen. 

Finally gave up and went to the bar next to the IC and bought ours. 

Got a real surprise too. The bartender gave us a total of 4 one liter bottles of cold water. He said this was part of the package. 

Who knew?? We didn’t. 

I just head to the nearest bar to sign up for mine, and grab my first drink while I’m at it.

There is no difference in price whether you buy it before cruising or on the day you board the ship.  I have sailed out of CA, TX and FL and never had tax added to the price of the package.  However when I tried to use it to get a soda from a bar while still in port (TX) they wanted to change a tax for that drink (about 10 cents or so) which I declined.  That was after they had the drink in their hand.  I was told that in port or TX coastal waters they had to charge and individual tax per drink.  I just waited until we were in international waters as it was a personal issue.  

As I noted above, “The bartender gave us a total of 4 one liter bottles of cold water. He said this was part of the (Unlimited Sodas and More) package. 

4 one liter bottles is a LOT of water. 

2 minutes ago, myfuzzy said:

I don't need the tumblers...The package came with our booking, usually I pre purchase the water and bring my own soda.  I was just wondering if I needed to purchase the water, even though I have the soda and more package

dunno - but you can't just go up to a bar at any time during the cruise and ask for a bottle of water and think that the soda package covers the cost of it

2 hours ago, voljeep said:

the 4 bottles - if that happens to you - is in lieu of you previously getting 2 plastic tumblers for your sodas

Im perfectly content with the big water bottles in lieu of two tumblers that would require constant washing. 

Good move on the part of Princess (IMO).