I took another upgrade today by email

Quilcruisers

Hi friends, 

‘’I received an email to upgrade my cabin for our spring break cruise. Originally in category 4 on main deck 2, got an upgrade for total of 22.00 to the lido deck 9. Cruising on the freedom for spring break. In the email, there were 2 upgrade offers, one was for 146.00 move to oceanview, not interested for this cruise.  I then clicked on ‘more offers” and I was able to choose from a variety of cabins on 6,7, 9 and 10. I have always wanted to stay on lido, we were on deck 10 at thanksgiving and deck 8 in October, so this was a great time. 

• Like 3

I learned a trick through this group, when you click on the offer, you have the option to change the deck number, or the type of cabin to get different views of what is available.  For example, I clicked on the email and immediately was taken to the oceanview upgrade.  I didn’t want that one so I went to more options.  You can then click on the deck name and hit accept and continue and it will give you the various rooms available and the cost to change them.  I had many choices available for 22.00 total, including deck 10 and several cabins on deck 9. Once you hit accept and continue, you can still change your mind and keep your cabin because it will ask you to confirm the cabin changes and give you a payment screen.  At any point here, you can cancel.  I was also told here that if you do nothing on the offer, you are still open to get others.  However, if you decline an offer, you may not get any more for that sailing.  So I don’t ever decline, I just ignore the ones I don’t want.

We were on the 10th deck on the smaller ship, valor but on the 8th deck on the freedom in September, the location is very convenient to everything. I am excited to be on the lido deck, close to the food and action. 

Has anyone ever had them offer to upgrade 2 cabins? I booked 2 for our family, side by side on the Lido deck, so nothing short of the Captain's Suite would get me to move LOL!

But I wondered, I so often hear about people turning down offers to upsell because they have several cabins booked and the upsell is only on one. Do they ever offer to upsell both?

20 hours ago, Quilcruisers said:

Hi friends, 

‘’I received an email to upgrade my cabin for our spring break cruise. Originally in category 4 on main deck 2, got an upgrade for total of 22.00 to the lido deck 9. Cruising on the freedom for spring break. In the email, there were 2 upgrade offers, one was for 146.00 move to oceanview, not interested for this cruise.  I then clicked on ‘more offers” and I was able to choose from a variety of cabins on 6,7, 9 and 10. I have always wanted to stay on lido, we were on deck 10 at thanksgiving and deck 8 in October, so this was a great time. 

That's a pretty sweet upgrade. 

I got an upgrade to Lido as well  -   going from a porthole cabin on the Main deck to a Skyview cabin - for $30  total for the both of us.  I later got another offer for an Oceanview Cabin, but I turned it down,  as I have never been on the Lido and I an looking forward to that experience. Plus, I am interested in seeing what the J4 cabins and "secret" deck are all about,

I received an upsell email yesterday for our April Miracle cruise and took it. We had a French Door Interior booked (obstructed) and  upgraded to an unobstructed Balcony cabin on Deck 5 for $150 pp. We had a French Door on the Miracle earlier this year and liked it, especially getting a couch, coffee table, and ocean view (obstructed) at an Interior cabin price. However, we prefer Balcony cabins or better so we took the deal and are glad we did.

On 12/28/2018 at 12:07 PM, Shaded Lady said:

Has anyone ever had them offer to upgrade 2 cabins? I booked 2 for our family, side by side on the Lido deck, so nothing short of the Captain's Suite would get me to move LOL!

But I wondered, I so often hear about people turning down offers to upsell because they have several cabins booked and the upsell is only on one. Do they ever offer to upsell both?

My first cruise I was offered to upgrade from a regular balcony to a suite but my daughter and I had cabins side by side. I told them that I would but I was in a cabin beside my daughter they gave her the same offer. They gave us side by side suites.

4 minutes ago, trish4801 said:

My first cruise I was offered to upgrade from a regular balcony to a suite but my daughter and I had cabins side by side. I told them that I would but I was in a cabin beside my daughter they gave her the same offer. They gave us side by side suites.

Cool to know! That way if the upsell fairy does call me I can try to negotiate! Thanks for the update...

On 12/27/2018 at 4:48 PM, Quilcruisers said:

Hi friends, 

Hi i received the same upgrade for my cruise on the Victory for December 2019....I also was upgraded to deck 9 on lido...close to the pool....i looked the cabin up after i upgraded, and the cabin looks smaller than the regular interior i was booked in on the main deck... the cabin looks sideways instead of vertical....I have been in sideways cabins before, and the configuation is a bit larger....i paid for the upgrade $28...which i guess is worth the money but was just curious about the configuration of the cabin