Carnival Hub App

richbum

1 hour ago, WIFamily said:

I think the new version of this app (on android at least) allows you do to all that... but really by just being a browser proxy for their website - carnival.com.

Correct. Same with iPhones. All it does is open up Carnival’s website in a browser if you click on the links in the app. Hopefully Carnival will eventually add the anytime manage your cruises right from the app. This would be so much easier than having to constantly log into the website from a browser. 

6 hours ago, bakersdozen12 said:

Correct. Same with iPhones. All it does is open up Carnival’s website in a browser if you click on the links in the app. Hopefully Carnival will eventually add the anytime manage your cruises right from the app. This would be so much easier than having to constantly log into the website from a browser. 

It seems to launch the browser, but already logged in. I've been using it to check daily for FTTF to open up on an upcoming cruise, and I don't have to do anything once the browser opens up, unlike going to the Carnival site which makes me log in every time.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, simplelife said:

I love the HUB app, Among many other things, you can check on times and locations of  activities with real time changes,  review your account information, and, for a nominal fee, text others in your party

What is the fee? Is it one time for entire cruise or a daily fee each time used? 

The fee is 5.00 for the whole cruise per person.  We use it to look at menus, mark our favorite activities and it reminds us when those activities are approaching.  I like the feature that tells you who in your party will also attend that activity.  On some ships, like the Breeze, you can view your photos through the HUb app. If you do not want the text feature, there is no 5.00 fee.  We use it to keep up with each other and it is fun to plan the activities without having to carry the funtimes around. 

You can also see what movies are playing on the outdoor screen and the comedians performing in the comedy club.  This is helpful if there is a time conflict and you want to reschedule.  I like how you can plan the whole weeks activities as opposed to waiting to get the paper copy.  

• Like 1

Down load the App at home First. The ships wifi is slow. We used the App on our recent trip just to see the menu and Fun Times. You can also see all of your photo's on the App as well as your billing statement. It was worth having it. We did Not purchase texting or wifi and still found the App use full.

On ‎12‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 12:18 PM, richbum said:

I know that the app can be used for seeing the fun times, and menus....what else can you do with it? Can you download it ahead of time and use it to pay your bill...can you book excursions, etc? Thanks in advance!

Coming one day I'm sure

Just back from Vista.  First time to use Hub App.

We had a party of 10 in 5 cabins.

The app itself is free to download and use and I would recommend using, even it you don't pay for chat function (which we wanted and needed for this many to locate each other on such a large ship).  $5 per device to chat, gets billed to your on board account.  

I had 4 of the 10 tied to me and my credit card.  I could see each member and EXACTLY what each purchased, where and when on a separate tab and I could monitor spending.

I loved being able to make dinner ressies in the app for up to 8.  If all 10 were going, one of us went down with all room #'s to check in.  Either method resulted in a notification being sent to phone when table ready and we could be scattered all over the ship and in shows waiting for our table.

I loved being able to use app to see what was happening and make events my "favorites" and see what others in my group picked for their day.  I was notified 15 min. before each event I had picked.

I loved using ship maps to find things, I could see open hours for all locations, and quickly see what food options were available at any given time.

What needs fixed:

1)  The group chat function doesn't work. You can set up the group chat but not everyone gets it.  It has no forward function so I did a lot of cutting and pasting to say the same thing to many people.

2)  The app needs a "check-in" function.  Where each person could choose to check-in (or not if down time is needed).  Then others could find me if they want without texting "where are you?"

3)  The app is not consistent.  We proved over and over that what one person can see and do is not the same as what another person in our group can see and do with the app.  Even when using the same platforms such as apple or android.

4) We tested and the app would not hold messages until next logged in.  So, if you shut off your phone overnight and someone sends a text overnight expecting you'll get it when you wake up, it will not be there waiting for you.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, scomar said:

Love the usefulness of the app, but imagine it is used like most apps and tracks your locations through out the ship to better understand their customers needs, or so they say 😁

The App does not track you

5 minutes ago, Thorncroft said:

They need to add a tip removal link to the app. It will reduce the lines at GS.  

Pathetic thought, I doubt that is why most people are in line, only the sleazy guests. These people work their butts off.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, coevan said:

Pathetic thought, I doubt that is why most people are in line, only the sleazy guests. These people work their butts off.

With the auto tipping for every employee, it is not right.  We do not do MDR, because we do not want to do 2 hour dinners. We do not remove tips from them (in fact we tip our remove steward $20 the first day and more the last, amount depending on the service), but some people think why should I tip people who never serve me.

17 hours ago, scomar said:

We do not do MDR, because we do not want to do 2 hour dinners.

As an aside, just remember that even if you don't eat in the MDR, that portion of the tip goes to all those who provide food services, such as the staff serving you and cleaning up after you on the Lido deck... so if you eat onboard, your tip is supporting those people, not just the people you see serving in the MDR (who often happen to be the same people serving you on Lido and other locations).

Apologies if you were already aware of this, but I thought others might not know that the Waitstaff portion of the gratuities goes to more than just the MDR crew.

I'm really pleased with the recent updates to the Hub App... I think it's really going to improve parts of the cruising experience!

Edited by Shaded Lady

I  use  the  app  as   a  guide   if  I  dont  have  my  paper  funtimes  on  me  . The  app  isn't  completely  accurate    . Often  it  gave  us   wrong   information  . It  had  the  movies  on the  right  night  but  in the  wrong  order  .  It  had  events that   were  supposed  to  take  place  but  never   did    and   wrong  locations  .  The  menus  were  mostly  accurate   , there  were  usually   2  or  3  things  different  from the  hub  app  menu  from  the  actual menu .  My   son  loves  to  try  new  things  and  was  disapointed  when  the  menus  did  not   include   what the  app  said  was  available that  evening.