PLATINUM QUESTIONS

Cruisegirl6

1. Yes

2. Are you asking if you get to skip the line?  Then no. "Does not apply to wait time when 'Your Time Seating' is requested."

3. Not sure, we got the bag in September. There is a new gift but I don't know if the ships have them yet.

4. No

• Like 1

Additional Platinum question: How does priority boarding for Platinum and Diamond work with the port Arrival Time windows assigned? 

For example, we have an arrival time of 12:30-1:00. How does the priority boarding benefit work?

25 minutes ago, candigirl41 said:

You can go before your check in time if you are Platinum.  It doesn't matter what your check in time is.

Candi

Ok that’s what I thought but I couldn’t find it written anywhere.

thanks !!

My first cruise at platinum level is in May.  We are going to Half Moon Cay and I was wondering how the tender process will work with having priority.  My husband is not going to be platinum on this cruise and we are traveling with friends who will still be gold.  Will my husband and 2 friends be allowed to tender with me or will I have to tender alone if I want to use the priority tender benefit?

Also can I bring my husband with me to the platinum party.  If not it's no big deal I just won't go.  

Thank you!

35 minutes ago, Lizc7gb said:

My first cruise at platinum level is in May.  We are going to Half Moon Cay and I was wondering how the tender process will work with having priority.  My husband is not going to be platinum on this cruise and we are traveling with friends who will still be gold.  Will my husband and 2 friends be allowed to tender with me or will I have to tender alone if I want to use the priority tender benefit?

Also can I bring my husband with me to the platinum party.  If not it's no big deal I just won't go.  

Thank you!

Yes, Plats can bring like 5 people on tenders. No, your husbands will not be included on the invitation.  Now, cue up the people who have braced crew to demand to bring a partner or brought additional uninvited people...

On 1/15/2019 at 8:50 AM, mamiamjo said:

Additional Platinum question: How does priority boarding for Platinum and Diamond work with the port Arrival Time windows assigned? 

For example, we have an arrival time of 12:30-1:00. How does the priority boarding benefit work?

Keep in mind that the arrival time slot is for entering the terminal.  Not boarding the ship.  With Platinum/Diamond and FTTF, no matter what time you check in slot is, you can enter as soon as the terminal opens.  You won't board until they clear the ship from the last cruise.  When it is cleared, you will be one of the first ones to board.

8 hours ago, Lizc7gb said:

Thank you!

You may a bring a guest to the party. I have asked at guest services in the past when I made plat before my husband.  I wouldn't bring other members of your group.

7 hours ago, Bookbug53 said:

You may a bring a guest to the party. I have asked at guest services in the past when I made plat before my husband.  I wouldn't bring other members of your group.

Like she said......You can definitely bring your spouse without any concern.  My DH made Platinum Before I did and we checked with guest services on each cruise before the party and "with absolutely no strong arming" they all smiled and said of course your spouse can attend with you.  So go and have fun!!  

1 hour ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

What exactly is the platinum party like?  I gather free drinks and a bunch of talk about the cruise line?

Free drinks and snacks. Most of the senior staff of the ship is there.  They have games like guess the ship, guess what the crew epilats mean, guess how many pieces of candy are in a bag, etc.  They always show a short video with pictures of every Carnival ship. It’s usually a decent event that we enjoy going to, but we don’t consider it a must attend event. 

I have seen where they would not allow any guests to the party, including spouses, but that was due to an extremely large number of D&Ps on the cruise. 

Edited by PhillyFan33579

On 1/15/2019 at 8:32 AM, Cruisegirl6 said:

Does anybody know:

1-  Do you still get a pin on each cruise

2-  If we have mytime/anytime dining, do we get priority for a table

3-  What is the platinum current gift, going on the elation in two weeks

4-  Do I get any discount for internet 

1. Yes, got one over NYE on the Breeze.

2. No. 

3. Blanket

4. No, and it is HORRIBLE!!!!! I will say on our RCI Freedom of the Seas cruise in July, the internet service was 50X better than the Breeze. Carnival really needs to do something if they are going to charge the prices they charge for “Premium” internet!!!!

19 hours ago, Lizc7gb said:

Thank you!

On our recent NYE Breeze cruise, we all had Platinum invites, although my wife and daughter chose not to attend. Not one person asked to see my invite or my card as I entered the lounge. Enjoyed unlimited beverages and appetizers. Waiters walking around with pre made drinks, or you could go to the bar and get anything you wanted. Keep in mind, only Platinum and Diamond guests get the invites, so I guess they think if you are there, you must have been invited. Never have understood that. I think the invites say to bring them with you, but in many cruises I have never had anyone check for it. 

• Like 1