EZ Air American Airlines Name not quite right

spny84

Hi,  I booked EZ Air for the first time.  I recently paid for the tickets so that we could use our status on American Airlines to get better seats.  The problem is if I go to the AA website and look at our names for this flight they are firstmiddle Mrs as my first name (husband is same pattern).  So our names are "firstmiddle Mrs middle last".  I have called our travel agent and he conferenced me in with Princess.  On the Princess side our names are correct on the cruise and on the air side.  I called American and they have seen this before supposedly the only hitch is we can't check in online, must check in with a human.  Now my question :-),  Has anyone else been through this?  My biggest fear is getting to the airport and being denied boarding which means we miss everything.  TIA

We had something similar last June when we were flying YVR to DFW.  Our first and middle names looked like one name if I recall correctly.  I freaked out and called AA right away.  I used to work for them a long time ago, so I’m very familiar with some of the rules and am aware that the gate agent can always refuse boarding.  The last thing I wanted was to be stuck in Vancouver with no way home.  

I called AA, and they said it looked ok in their system.  Ultimately,  we had no problems.  

We cruise next month.  My wife's name is exactly what you have.  We are on Delta.  That is the way Delta has always listed her First,middle, and last name to include the Mrs.  No issues with Delta.  We fly Delta three to four times a year.  Not a problem.  However,  I don't understand why you can't access your reservation with American.  Why don't you type in your confirmation number instead of your frequent flyer number and see what happens.  If all this does not work.  Canx your easy air and start over again;  this time put in the same way American shows it.  

16 hours ago, skynight said:

Since you are ticketed American Airlines should be able to handle this issue. I know you already called them, but call again.

I will call today and ask for it to be changed. I didn’t pressure/request this from the first agent once she said she’s seen it before.  And to AF1. I can access my flight fine, our names are wrong and this is not a field I can correct.  Plus it is my understanding once I pay for the ezair ticket it is now non refundable, plus the price is much higher now.  

I had the same thing happen- and it took several calls to get it straightened out. I did ask to have my call transferred to someone in the US vs. a call center out of country.

Once I did that, we were able to fix the problem.

35 minutes ago, TracieABD said:

I had the same thing happen- and it took several calls to get it straightened out. I did ask to have my call transferred to someone in the US vs. a call center out of country.

Once I did that, we were able to fix the problem.

2nd call to American, and they say they can't change it because it's a third party.  It is correct on Princess it has to do with the parsing (computer people :-)) to American.  Did they actually change your name?

1 hour ago, spny84 said:

2nd call to American, and they say they can't change it because it's a third party.  It is correct on Princess it has to do with the parsing (computer people :-)) to American.  Did they actually change your name?

I honestly cannot remember... Sorry.

It is NOT a problem at all! As long as the spelling of your names is correct no one cares if the title(Mr, Mrs etc) is in there. You do not have to change anything!!

It is quite common to be known as Jane Louise Mrs. Doe.

It also does not matter if first and middle names are put together as spaces don't matter .

The only thing that matters is spelling of the names.

IF you do not believe me then go to the Airline Forum on Trip Adviser and read the hundreds of questions and answers on this same topic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This just happened to me also.  When I checked my passport and my ff accounts, only my first and last name are listed.  Called Princess and they changed it right away.  Went to the airlines' websites and saw that it was changed there, too.

Just checked our EZair reservations on AA.  AA has our names listed with our first and middle names run together and our last name.  Princess has our first, middle and last names correct.   Went back to AA website and on "edit passenger information" and it lists the correct first, middle and last names.  How confusing. 

I had the same issue with Delta the first time I used EZ Air. I called Princess, I called Delta, back and forth, back and forth. Everyone claimed the name order was fine so I reluctantly let it go. And everything WAS fine--I was able to check in online, got my miles, TSA pre-check, no problems at airport, etc.

Thanks to all.  I've now spoken to 3 AA reps, 2 Princess reps and reviewed the Tripadvisor Forum.  Seems it is a really common issue and supposedly it should work out as long as the names are all there spelled correctly.  I'm not quite as panicky but I will not be happy until I'm sitting on the flight.

yup...   Very common, but can cause problems with online checkin depending on the airline.   We have used EZ Air for the past 5 cruises and every time the firstandlast lol name have been combined.   

Furthermore, I have been told this isn't as much as a Princess problem, but an issue with other Travel Agent systems booking air too.

Sadly in 2019 you would think that someone could figure this out.

• Like 1

On 1/15/2019 at 11:15 AM, spny84 said:

The problem is if I go to the AA website and look at our names for this flight they are firstmiddle Mrs as my first name (husband is same pattern).  So our names are "firstmiddle Mrs middle last".  I have called our travel agent and he conferenced me in with Princess.  

Happens to me 100% of the time when booking EZ Air  Ronald Doe always becomes Ronalddoe  (not my real middle name 🙂 ).    Once you get your boarding passes they will "normally" be Ok.   But as long as the full name is on the ticket, and matches your passport(letter for letter), TSA or the airlines will not give you a hard time about it.   

If the name is "misspelled"  or incorrect then you might have some difficulties.  Had my shortened name on a boarding pass(Ron), and had to buy a new ticket as they would not let me across the border, family flew one airline, and I had to find a second one to fly..

Enjoy your cruise!!

Edited by Valiamo