drink prices

susan1957

I am amazed at NCL drink prices. I am normally on NCL, but because of itinerary my wife and I are going on HAL next month. IN doing our research I discovered that alcoholic beverages on HAL cost about 50% of what NCL charges. IMO NCL drink prices are a direct result of all of the free beverage packages that they are giving away.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, zqvol said:

I am amazed at NCL drink prices. I am normally on NCL, but because of itinerary my wife and I are going on HAL next month. IN doing our research I discovered that alcoholic beverages on HAL cost about 50% of what NCL charges. IMO NCL drink prices are a direct result of all of the free beverage packages that they are giving away.

Enjoy your HAL cruise. I am looking into sailing them too.

While the packages are marketed as free, they aren't truly giving away free beverage packages. In order to receive the opportunity to select a free at sea perk, you have to pay a higher fare. For example, on a typical 7 day itinerary, one could select a sail away rate which includes a guarantee cabin assignment and zero free at sea perks for $749. The next rate up allows you to select a cabin assignment and entitles you to at least one free at sea perk and is listed at $1,049. So, the free at sea perk (beverage package) and cabin assignment has added $300 to the fare. There is a daily service charge added if 20% times 99.oo per day, or $20 per day, $140. So the free beverage package adds $440 per person to the seven day cruise fare, or about $75 per person per day. Free perks are not sustainable by any cruise line. The costs are just baked into the cruise fare somewhere along the line.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, esm54687 said:

There are 2 or 3 threads started the last couple days that contain the updated drink menu as well as information about the Upgrade add available to the UDP.   Search a little and you'll find them. 

the problem I am having is, the post that started all this did post the prices, but 1-many of drinks, like red wines have been cut off and some of the spirit prices are too hard to read. i wish I could find a list I would easily read. All I need to know is about any Malbecs under $15, any single malt scotch and Jack Danial's price. The rest we can live with or i know are still below the $15 mark

20 minutes ago, newmexicoNita said:

the problem I am having is, the post that started all this did post the prices, but 1-many of drinks, like red wines have been cut off and some of the spirit prices are too hard to read. i wish I could find a list I would easily read. All I need to know is about any Malbecs under $15, any single malt scotch and Jack Danial's price. The rest we can live with or i know are still below the $15 mark

I was having the same problem. Hoping to get a clearer shot at the menus. Especially since I can't read the bourbon/scotch/red-wine prices. 

Thanks!
Ally

16 minutes ago, AtlantaAlly said:

I was having the same problem. Hoping to get a clearer shot at the menus. Especially since I can't read the bourbon/scotch/red-wine prices. 

Thanks!
Ally

Ally, those are exactly, as I said, the three we want to see. I know my favorite morning drink, aToma will not exceed the $15.00 nor will hubby's favorite morning drinks.   

I apologize for the quality of the photos. I just snapped a few quick photos to show my son as he has an upcoming cruise. I wasn’t anticipating sharing them on CC but felt compelled to post them when the threads first started. Hopefully someone on this weeks sailing will post some better ones.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gmbhardy said:

I apologize for the quality of the photos. I just snapped a few quick photos to show my son as he has an upcoming cruise. I wasn’t anticipating sharing them on CC but felt compelled to post them when the threads first started. Hopefully someone on this weeks sailing will post some better ones.

Hay, you did the best you could and we appreciate your efforts. Yes, I too hope we can get a better idea. We are leaving in less than 2 weeks, would like to have an idea before we board what we are looking at. Whatever, I know we are going to have a wonderful cruise. Nothing is the end of the world until it is the end of the world. 

• 1 month later...

Can anyone advise what drinks are available in the restaurants for free?  Water, tea, coffee, soft drinks?  I haven't ever cruised on NCL and will be buying a just cruise fare.  I definitely don't drink enough to justify spending hundreds of pounds more for all inclusive.  Also on Carnival if you buy a bottle of wine in the dining room, they will keep whatever is left for your next night.  Do they do this on NCL?  And lastly what is the policy for taking drinks onboard?  Can you take one bottle of wine per person? 

Thanks for the help!

4 minutes ago, pepsimiddleton said:

Can anyone advise what drinks are available in the restaurants for free?  Water, tea, coffee, soft drinks?  I haven't ever cruised on NCL and will be buying a just cruise fare.  I definitely don't drink enough to justify spending hundreds of pounds more for all inclusive.  Also on Carnival if you buy a bottle of wine in the dining room, they will keep whatever is left for your next night.  Do they do this on NCL?  And lastly what is the policy for taking drinks onboard?  Can you take one bottle of wine per person? 

Thanks for the help!

Soft drinks aren’t free, yes, they will store wine for you if you buy it onboard or bring it onboard ($15 each, no limit, it will be charged to your account after security).

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, pepsimiddleton said:

Thanks for the help!

Tea coffee water flavored water and lemonade free in dining rooms.  Sodas are extra. Wine may be brought with a 15$ corkage.

• Like 1