"Doubles" and Cheers

simplelife

38 minutes ago, simplelife said:

This cruise we have decided to try Cheers. I like gin and tonics and on prior cruises I'd save money buy buying a "double" for only $3 more than the single. My question is: on cheers is a double considered one drink, or two? 

According to Carnival:

Only one drink at a time may be ordered. Sharing is not permitted. Ordering a double shot would be considered ordering two drinks, therefore, you cannot order a double shot.

Now, there are drinks on the menu that include a double shot or more than one liquor and are included in Cheers. For example, there's a  section of the drink menu called "Tropical Classics" and it states these drinks are made with a double pour.

Edited by schazzy

1 minute ago, stobe1 said:

If you go to the same bartender and make sure to tip them and be friendly with them, I have found that they will be generous with their pours. Kindness and tips will go a long way...

This too.

1 hour ago, stobe1 said:

If you go to the same bartender and make sure to tip them and be friendly with them, I have found that they will be generous with their pours. Kindness and tips will go a long way...

100% my wife loves margarita on the rocks with Patron. She asked for a double and he explained the 5 minute wait. I ordered our drinks and gave him $2 . We went back to the same bar, addressed us by name poured my wife her Patron Margarita, winked at her and made a second pour. He got a buck a drink for the rest of the cruise. 

I will also confirm--find a favorite bartender or two, give a tip, and the pour will always be very, very, good.  When I did vodka tonic, I'd also order my drinks tall which essentially ended up being a double pour...or more.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, stobe1 said:

This! Tip, engage your bartenders, be friendly, and you won't need to order doubles.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, babe97 said:

Yep I've had a bartender once who I had to ask to back off some. My margaritas started to basically be tequila on the rocks. Lol! 

Or in my case, getting a Dark & Stormy that was all Dark with no Storm! :classic_laugh:

19 hours ago, babe97 said:

Yep I've had a bartender once who I had to ask to back off some. My margaritas started to basically be tequila on the rocks. Lol! 

Had the same thing happen to me. Frozen margaritas became ice and tequilla blended! lol

$1 isn't going to get you doubles. $2 or more a drink and you're rivaling close to $1000 for drinks for the week.

Another alternative is you can buy a 1 liter bottle of Bombay Gin from the fun shop for about $110, bring your own cans of tonic, and make your own as strong as you want. My night usually starts with a triple rum and coke in the tumbler.