Diamond + free bag of laundry

burger40

Just remember, the freebie bag laundry process they use is not kind to delicate items.  Good for t-shirts, socks, cotton shorts/undies.  Very high heat used.  I would not put anything in the bag you could not part with.  😮   But we do enjoy the service on longer or B2B cruises.  🙂 

4 minutes ago, island lady said:

Just remember, the freebie bag laundry process they use is not kind to delicate items.  Good for t-shirts, socks, cotton shorts/undies.  Very high heat used.  I would not put anything in the bag you could not part with.  😮   But we do enjoy the service on longer or B2B cruises.  🙂 

Agree, more then few my Tshirts and shorts have come back faded or with tiny holes in them. 

2 hours ago, island lady said:

I am guessing not much soap used, but water hot enough to steam a lobster in one minute!  😉 

I like the way that my white items come back a nice light gray - no extra charge for the dying!!!! Some ships do an excellent job and items come back folded................some come back like one big wad.

Say hello to Mr. Bucky from Mean Mary and me.

2 hours ago, cruise wizard said:

I like the way that my white items come back a nice light gray - no extra charge for the dying!!!! Some ships do an excellent job and items come back folded................some come back like one big wad.

Say hello to Mr. Bucky from Mean Mary and me.

Hello Gary!!  We were just talking about you.  Where are you two world travels at now?  Have not noticed any posts from you on CC lately.  

Hi back atcha' from Bucky!  

On Allure a few weeks ago we had to ask the stateroom attendant for the specific bag for this offer. Then we had to fill out the form with a count of the bag contents before he would take it. Got everything back at the end of the next day and all the same color with nothing damaged.

5 hours ago, Lv2sail_18 said:

How long does it usually take for the laundry to come back?

If you leave the bag in the morning, it could be back by 5pm the next day.  Leaving it in the evening may cause it to take two days to get back.  Ask your stateroom attendant to be sure.

9 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

If you leave the bag in the morning, it could be back by 5pm the next day.  Leaving it in the evening may cause it to take two days to get back.  Ask your stateroom attendant to be sure.

Unless you are me, apparently.  Leave the bag in the morning; not back the next day, but the day after in the late afternoon.

I don't usually use the laundry but on my Harmony cruise I wore some clothes onboard that I needed to wear home as I was going back to the cold weather.  I went to lunch at Jamie's and spilled some wine on my top/shirt and pants.  I knew I couldn't wear them home like that.

I put them in a bag, wrote Wash and Fold on it, and sent it out.  I did this the first morning as I didn't want the stains to set in.  I have washed these clothes several times at home as well as dried them.  I got them back, hung them up and was fine until the day I went to put them on.

Good Lord, putting the pants on was kind of like putting on a girdle.  (Yes, I am old enough to have worn one in my young days.)  I couldn't believe how much smaller they were.  The shirt was about 2 inches shorter.  I know I gained a few pounds on the cruise, but I sure in heck didn't shrink!  

I was so upset, and when I got home, after struggling into these, I washed them and measured them against other pants of the same brand and another shirt of the same.  Yup, the pants were 2 inches smaller and only an inch shorter and the shirt was the same width, but shorter.  

NEVER AGAIN will I send things out for wash and fold.

17 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

Unless you are me, apparently.  Leave the bag in the morning; not back the next day, but the day after in the late afternoon.

It is because they know you are DS 😉

Have to treat the wash n fold extra special.

2 hours ago, frank808 said:

It is because they know you are DS 😉

Have to treat the wash n fold extra special.

Oh but of course...I forgot...Royal DS have a special section in the laundry area for gentle washing.  We just have to be sure we write "DS" on the bag.  😄 😄