Midnight Buffet

masterty

1 hour ago, mets123 said:

Is the buffet on a Journey cruise like the good old days, or a very smaller version? I'm sailing on one on the Sunrise in June and just trying to set my expectations.

They use the Lido buffet now, and yes smaller.  Still nice, but in my opinion wasteful.

• Like 1

The late night snacks buffet on the lido is different then the midnight buffet that is offer on the journey cruises. The journey cruises midnight buffet is usually in one of the dinning room with very nice displays and is on the throwback sea day

50 minutes ago, Joebucks said:

I actually found them to taste better than they look. 

I'd take that over how they used to be, I remember on my second cruise they did the Midnight Gala buffet one night and it looked amazing with all the carved fruit and ice sculptures, but when it finally came time to eat, it was disappointing in that you could tell this stuff had been made hours ago and didn't taste very good.

2 hours ago, goofdad said:

Curious what is the definition of the "Late Night Snacks Buffet"?  Are we talking dessert type fare or something different than that?

Burgers, fries, potato salad...like picnic fare, in the Guy's Burgers area.  EM

6 hours ago, shof515 said:

The late night snacks buffet on the lido is different then the midnight buffet that is offer on the journey cruises. The journey cruises midnight buffet is usually in one of the dinning room with very nice displays and is on the throwback sea day

The journeys cruises I have been on in the last two years have had the midnight buffet where the day time buffet is, on the Lido.