Haven bed configuration

3some

I'll be traveling with a friend on the Escape and want to have beds separated. The descriptions of all the Haven categories say king bed and don't mention that they're convertible to 2 beds.  Are there any Haven cabins which have the convertible kings?

My guess, and it is a guess, I have no hard data, is that there are a fair number of cruisers who would book the Haven if the bed could be separated.  I wish the ship designers would consider this in the future ships - demographics are shifting and there are many singles who can afford luxury travel and may prefer the Haven amenities to the solo suite inside cabin option.  

Last few cruises we booked an H4 (two bedroom) - lovely but not as cost effective as the H5 or Haven spa cabin

Enjoy your cruise 

17 hours ago, 17cruisesnsl said:

My guess, and it is a guess, I have no hard data, is that there are a fair number of cruisers who would book the Haven if the bed could be separated.  I wish the ship designers would consider this in the future ships - demographics are shifting and there are many singles who can afford luxury travel and may prefer the Haven amenities to the solo suite inside cabin option.  

Last few cruises we booked an H4 (two bedroom) - lovely but not as cost effective as the H5 or Haven spa cabin

Enjoy your cruise 

It has its advantages and disadvantages.  I know on MSC in the suites they have the push the two beds together option or separated in many of the suite rooms.  For us, it sucked - you had this ridge between the two beds and  you kind of rolled out to the side.  Rolling slightly over to one bed from the other you hit this ridge and it wasn't great for sleeping.

OTOH, our DS and his friend had their own room and they obviously liked the beds separated rather than having one big bed.

Edited by dexddd

IMHO mattress quality seems higher on mattresses that cant be separated.  People would complain about the middle of the mattress.  When you pay high Haven prices, I don't think it would be a wise move to put such mattresses in the suites.

Even a fantastic Jewel balcony cabin mattress was so comfortable and it was a solid mattress...could not be separated.

• Like 1

On 2/25/2019 at 9:39 AM, 3some said:

Probably take an aft cabin since it has 2 bathrooms and the huge balcony. The 2 bedroom's 2nd bedroom is claustrophobic and has a small balcony. 

Never been in an aft cabin... but it's 100 sqft smaller than an H4 and I didn't find it claustrophobic at all. In fact... the master bath is an absolute monster!

• 1 year later...
37 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

Escape Haven beds do not split. 

Thanks @Two Wheels Only, I thought that too; the question is, do any suite/Haven king beds split?  I was told by an NCL PCC, no, but, I realize that sometimes, they can be wrong since many have never set foot on a ship, never mind, in a suite/haven. 

TIA

8 hours ago, All-ready2cruise said:

Thanks @Two Wheels Only, I thought that too; the question is, do any suite/Haven king beds split?  I was told by an NCL PCC, no, but, I realize that sometimes, they can be wrong since many have never set foot on a ship, never mind, in a suite/haven. TIA

The answer, in general, is no. They want the beds to feel comfortable and not two beds with a ridge at the joint cover by a mattress pad. 

We have been in a few suites on small ships that actually have beds that split. But that is not the norm and may have been replaced over time with a "real" king mattress. 

• Thanks 1