Who Knew!

keeponcruising

I found out on a youtube video of the NS that HAL now offers a SBP just for HMC.   I called ship services and the rep was unaware of the new package.  She put me on hold for a while and came back and said she saw something written about it, but did not know the price.  A short hold again and she came back with the price.  It's $25 plus 15% service charge for the drink pkg on HMC.  Sold!!  I purchased 3 for my upcoming NS cruise 3/24. 

Sorry if this is a known item to book.  I haven't seen anything on CC discussing it.

50 minutes ago, keeponcruising said:

I found out on a youtube video of the NS that HAL now offers a SBP just for HMC.   I called ship services and the rep was unaware of the new package.  She put me on hold for a while and came back and said she saw something written about it, but did not know the price.  A short hold again and she came back with the price.  It's $25 plus 15% service charge for the drink pkg on HMC.  Sold!!  I purchased 3 for my upcoming NS cruise 3/24. 

Sorry if this is a known item to book.  I haven't seen anything on CC discussing it.

Also can you link the video? 

7 minutes ago, keeponcruising said:

If you want to fast forward, it comes on about 14 minutes into the video.

Thanks. I had actually read about it somewhere but then heard nothing else. We had the cabana with butler last time so no need but good to know they have this now.  

I always thought the reason for not being able to use the SBP on HMC was the lack of a connection to the ship's computers. It seems odd that they can handle a new, special card but not the normal SBP still! 

Edited by catl331

9 minutes ago, catl331 said:

I always thought the reason for not being able to use the SBC on HMC was the lack of a connection to the ship's computers. It seems odd that they can handle a new, special card but not the normal SBP still! 

Agreed! As I said in a related thread recently, I don't buy the excuse of technology issues. As far as I'm concerned, it's just a money grab. If these new cards can work, then everyone with a normal SBP should be given one for their day at HMC. What's next, different beverage packages for different bars onboard? :classic_wacko:

It probably is a card that you show to the bartender on HMC.  You are there for only 4 or 5 hours,  so how much damage can you do in that time.   They do not need to electronically link to the ship, just show the card.   If you can drink 15 drinks in 5 hours, you also win a free trip to the ship's hospital.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, TAD2005 said:

It probably is a card that you show to the bartender on HMC.  You are there for only 4 or 5 hours,  so how much damage can you do in that time.   They do not need to electronically link to the ship, just show the card.   If you can drink 15 drinks in 5 hours, you also win a free trip to the ship's hospital.

In that case, why not allow passengers with a regular beverage package the same benefit? Surely they aren't concerned that you'd drink 15 drinks on HMC then return to the ship for 15 more. 

Edited by Fouremco
  • Like 1