Hotels on 17th Street

LoveTheSoul

Curious to know if hotels on 17th street are  recommended due to shuttles, restaurants, etc being close by Ports or because Eisenhour blvd is better route than Port Everglades expressway?  We are driving in and possibly really late the night before our cruise. Just curious. :)

The hotels on 17th street are so very close to the port as well as have plenty of shopping and restaurants within a very short distance.  Basically all within walking distance.  There is also a Total Wine and Publix right there for last minute shopping.

The Eisenhowr blvd entrance is fantastic if you are going to Terminal 2 or 4 as you don't have to go through port security.  I personally find that this entrance does not get back up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

The Eisenhowr blvd entrance is fantastic if you are going to Terminal 2 or 4 as you don't have to go through port security.  I personally find that this entrance does not get back up.

Not sure which port we will be in.  Crusing RCCL Allure of the Seas in September and was told possibly Ports 18, 19 or 25. 

Is there a stop light at insection Eisenhour Blvd and Eller Drive (highlighted below)?

image.png.05b301731025760fc3c07edf1f1998ee.png

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, LoveTheSoul said:

Not sure which port we will be in.  Crusing RCCL Allure of the Seas in September and was told possibly Ports 18, 19 or 25. 

Is there a stop light at insection Eisenhour Blvd and Eller Drive (highlighted below)?

image.png.05b301731025760fc3c07edf1f1998ee.png

Never heard of Allure being at any other than Terminal 18. That Terminal was specifically designed for RCIs mega ships.

• Like 1

Allure will definitely be at terminal 18.  The entrance makes no difference unless you are walking, the port isn't that big.  We go in through the expressway, it really doesn't matter. 30 seconds difference maybe? Not something I would even concern myself with. 

17th street is great due to the restaurants and shopping. Generally being a reasonable price as well. 

But that doesn't mean you need to limit yourself to it. We have cruisers that stay in Plantation off the expressway. It's a 15 minute drive and even cheaper with more shopping and restaurants. So don't limit yourself. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BNBR said:

Allure will definitely be at terminal 18.  The entrance makes no difference unless you are walking, the port isn't that big.  We go in through the expressway, it really doesn't matter. 30 seconds difference maybe? Not something I would even concern myself with. 

Thanks for the information. This is our first cruise and want to make sure our arrival is smooth sailing. Does the midpoint parking garage need to fill up first before parking is allowed elsewhere or is there a specific parking area for terminal 18?

What's the best time to arrive (parking wise) for a cruise leaving at 4:30pm, in your opinion?  How early will they allow someone to board?

11 minutes ago, LoveTheSoul said:

Thanks for the information. This is our first cruise and want to make sure our arrival is smooth sailing. Does the midpoint parking garage need to fill up first before parking is allowed elsewhere or is there a specific parking area for terminal 18?

What's the best time to arrive (parking wise) for a cruise leaving at 4:30pm, in your opinion?  How early will they allow someone to board?

Drive right to terminal 18.  Go in to the regular drop off. It curves around and stay to the right.  Just before the exit of the drop off, there is an entrance on the right for the parking lot.  It's also where the shuttles drop and pick up so keep an eye out for it as the shuttle may block your view, but they won't block the parking entrance. But can't really miss it. Drop off is a small area, just hop in to the parking lot before you exit the drop off. 

We get there at 10AM. The parking lot will have tons of great parking at thay time. You can park right near the entrance. Short walk in to the terminal, you can enter at that time, too. No line, no wait, nice and easy.  Check in then tons of seating up stairs after check-in. Hang out until boarding. We have boarded as early as 10:25... Walked right on. As late as 11+.  

And yes, I would get there at 10AM to avoid the lines and board once they start boarding.  You can get drinks, relax, hang out and enjoy yourself on the ship.  Remember that is "Day 1" of your cruise, so I'm a fan of just getting there and making the most of it.  Good time to wander and explore the ship, too.

Edited by BNBR

Actually, here is a picture I drew up real quick.  Red line is how you will drive in. Enter the drop off.  The X is where you enter the parking lot.  Notice that it's before you exit the drop off area, on the right. The blue line and circle is where you go to check in.

terminal-18.png

• Like 1

The port is well marked.  When you enter just follow the signs to Terminal 18.  It'll even have the ship names on the signs and when you go through security to enter the port, the guard will almost certainly remind you which direction to go.  Don't stress it one bit.  Whether you enter from 17th or the expressway, it's easy as can be.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/7/2019 at 3:45 PM, nhraformula00 said:

I would get a room at Hyatt Place 17th. st. convention center and leave the car there. They only charge $7 night compared to the port garage $$$$

We haven't parked long term at the Hyatt, but thought we paid $10 per night for parking last June.  My memory might not be accurate though, but that's what I remember.

You know when you get old----------

if you're driving in, you could easily stay one/two hours drive short of the port.  Rooms will be cheaper and you'll have more than enough time to get to the port on embarkation day.

You will also have more time to rest since you say you're arriving late.

Edited by RocketMan275

• 2 weeks later...

We stay at Embassy on 17th street.  It's a little "tired" but it's only for a night, walking distance to Public's for last minute stuff, and restaurant's within walking distance AND it's free for us thanks to Hilton Honor points.  Happy hour is usually packed, breakfast packed. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DShock said:

We stay at Embassy on 17th street.  It's a little "tired" but it's only for a night, walking distance to Public's for last minute stuff, and restaurant's within walking distance AND it's free for us thanks to Hilton Honor points.  Happy hour is usually packed, breakfast packed. 

We've stayed at ES many times, great location.  A few weeks ago I would say happy hour and breakfast were both fine, not "packed".

44 minutes ago, bouhunter said:

We've stayed at ES many times, great location.  A few weeks ago I would say happy hour and breakfast were both fine, not "packed".

Yes we are there often as well and more times than not happy hour and breakfast is packed.  Not a deal killer since we are just there for a night but it is a reality just as the hotel being "tired" is a reality.  Public's, Outback across the street, and free make it a good pre-cruise hotel.

Another option is to make your best Hotel deal and on cruise morning drive to Park-and-Go Ft Lauderdale near the port and let them bus you into the Port and to Luggage drop-off. Always organized, pleasant, and usually have busses waiting at De-Embarkation. About half the Port Parking Fee - see their website for reservations and fees and map. 

• Like 1