Most and Least pushiest ports you've been to

matymil

13 minutes ago, Velvetwater said:

If you find some Caribbean ports pushy then maybe it would be wise to go further afield for a cruise?

I have found Asian ports the least pushy overall.

Asia is more than a 5 hour drive for me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Nothing in life worth doing is either cheap or easy. Expand your horizons at least once.

You don't know anything about me. I've been around the world. 

Edited by Saint Greg

12 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

I took it that you hadn't because you said you are only willing to travel up to a 5 hour drive.

Its what we in America call a joke. You can’t drive to Asia from here, mate. But I’ve got over 7 months in Asia, 3 years in Europe and I don’t need you to tell me I need to expand my horizons for once in my life.

1 minute ago, Saint Greg said:

Its what we in America call a joke. You can’t drive to Asia from here, mate. But I’ve got over 7 months in Asia, 3 years in Europe and I don’t need you to tell me I need to expand my horizons for once in my life.

Okay. Settle Petal. Next time put a smiley face on the statement and then we know you are joking.

17 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

And yet you seem to think you can drive to the Caribbean islands easily??:classic_biggrin::classic_laugh:🙄

I’ll continue your geography lesson by pointing out that I could drive to quite a few western Caribbean ports.

But I was referring to the fact that I’m within 5 hours of two ports that have ships that do Caribbean cruises.

Edited by Saint Greg

There have been two, one that we experienced on a cruise, was Nassau, that just happened to be a port on a southern TA. We were off the ship for maybe 15 minutes.

The other one was Cartagena where we have gone twice, before or after going/coming through the Panama Canal. We had a private tour both times but did have some aggressive peddlers. 

We have been to Cozumel several times, and Aruba, and Belize. These were fly and stay, most of the time in rental houses on a beach. They were also all some years ago. In Belize 2009 we stayed on Ambergris Caye. We really never experienced the hassle at all in Cozumel, and we would go into the old town every evening. I think the last time we were in Cozumel was in 2004. Aruba was in 1999 and it was very pleasant.

Edited by SPacificbound
correction

24 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I’ll continue your geography lesson by pointing out that I could drive to quite a few western Caribbean ports.

But I was referring to the fact that I’m within 5 hours of two ports that have ships that do Caribbean cruises.

Using that logic you can also cruise to any number of places around the world.

Back to the OP's question:  The pushiest person I've encountered cruising has been a CD.  He was always interrupting my naps insisting that there was an on board event I simply couldn't miss, or an inch of gold I just had to buy, or a tee shirt sale or towel animal building class I would hate to not go to.  Blah, Blah, Blah.  Enough already, this CD is so outrageous he makes a Bahamian or Jamaican vendor seem like family.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I would have to say that the most pushy was the straw market at RCL’s Labadee. This is located on s peninsula of Haiti which is the poorest country in the world.

The least pushy would be Martinique, hands down.  Tourism is not important to them.  Heck, all of the cabs were Mercedes!

11 hours ago, tip said:

I would have to say that the most pushy was the straw market at RCL’s Labadee. This is located on s peninsula of Haiti which is the poorest country in the world.

The least pushy would be Martinique, hands down.  Tourism is not important to them.  Heck, all of the cabs were Mercedes!

Isnt Ladadee a private area for them? Figured they'd have that kind of stuff regulated, no?