HAL Fall 2020 to Spring 2021 Deployments - New Releases!

In the last week HAL has opened bookings for several regions from fall 2020 to spring 2021.

Westerdam will sail to South America and Antarctica from Buenos Aires and Santiago

Rotterdam will do a one-time 38 day round trip "Voyage of the Incas" from San Diego

Noordam will sail to East Asia/Japan from Hong Kong, Singapore and Tokyo

Oosterdam will sail to Australia and New Zealand from Sydney and Auckland

• Like 4

3 hours ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

In the last week HAL has opened bookings for several regions from fall 2020 to spring 2021.

Westerdam will sail to South America and Antarctica from Buenos Aires and Santiago

Rotterdam will do a one-time 38 day round trip "Voyage of the Incas" from San Diego

Noordam will sail to East Asia/Japan from Hong Kong, Singapore and Tokyo

Oosterdam will sail to Australia and New Zealand from Sydney and Auckland

I was browsing the HAL website last Saturday morning and saw the Westerdam South America and Antarctica cruise.  This was what I had been waiting for.  I booked  for January 2021 from Santiago to Buenos Aires.  I was surprised I hadn't seen any announcements about these itineraries being released.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mfanderso said:

I was browsing the HAL website last Saturday morning and saw the Westerdam South America and Antarctica cruise.  This was what I had been waiting for.  I booked  for January 2021 from Santiago to Buenos Aires.  I was surprised I hadn't seen any announcements about these itineraries being released.

HAL tends to just release stuff at random, no fanfare or announcements .......

On 3/23/2019 at 9:24 AM, ChinaShrek said:

No Asia cruises for next summer.  I should have booked this summer. Why do they have Asia cruises in the Spring, Winter, and Fall but not in the summer. I don't get it.

Who wants to be in Asia during the summer?

On 3/23/2019 at 9:24 AM, ChinaShrek said:

No Asia cruises for next summer.  I should have booked this summer. Why do they have Asia cruises in the Spring, Winter, and Fall but not in the summer. I don't get it.

I'm sure there are more profitable places for the ships to be (Alaska, Carribean, Europe) during the summer months. 

34 minutes ago, ChinaShrek said:

Princess has many Japan cruises in the summer months.  The Mediterranean is also hot in the summer but that seems to be popular.

As I understand it most, if not all those are controlled by some Asian travel agencies, targeted at Asian customers. Almost like charters. I think one of Princess' ships is actually based there, with Japanese, or possibly Chinese signage, etc.

I don't think HAL wishes to make that sort of commitment.

7 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

As I understand it most, if not all those are controlled by some Asian travel agencies, targeted at Asian customers. Almost like charters. I think one of Princess' ships is actually based there, with Japanese, or possibly Chinese signage, etc.

I don't think HAL wishes to make that sort of commitment.

Thank you for the information.  I didn't know any of that.

On 3/22/2019 at 5:03 PM, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

Thank you 😄 

this sounds intriguing.

23 hours ago, drowelf said:

I took a look at some of the 2021 14/28 day Asia ones and there seemed to be very few rooms (SS/Vistas) available. I was wondering if the ship could be that booked up already. 

I was trying to get the same cabin for both legs that I have booked, it's next to impossible on HAL's website.  I'm not sure if they're booked, or just being held back.  Everything I checked it was slim pickings, they really seem to be pushing guarantees.

17 minutes ago, Cruise Junky said:

I was trying to get the same cabin for both legs that I have booked, it's next to impossible on HAL's website.  I'm not sure if they're booked, or just being held back.  Everything I checked it was slim pickings, they really seem to be pushing guarantees.

I have found that HAL doesn't always show all available cabins on their website.  I usually go to one of on-line travel agent websites to look at the availability of cabins.  Also if you have a good travel agent they can tell you which cabins are available for both legs. 

I just looked at these sailings you are talking about and it looks like there are a lot of cabins available for the 14 day sailings and very few for the 28 day sailings.  

14 minutes ago, mfanderso said:

I have found that HAL doesn't always show all available cabins on their website.  I usually go to one of on-line travel agent websites to look at the availability of cabins.  Also if you have a good travel agent they can tell you which cabins are available for both legs. 

I just looked at these sailings you are talking about and it looks like there are a lot of cabins available for the 14 day sailings and very few for the 28 day sailings.  

Yes, I was using an online agency to check....so much easier.  I checked the longer version and it was just as restricted.  Once I get everything sorted, I'll call HAL and see what they can do. I was able to grab an aft for the NZ cruise but slim pickins on the Transpacific.  For the lower price, I may just end up keeping my guarantee rather than paying extra for  a mediocre cabin.

Edited by Cruise Junky

2 hours ago, Cruise Junky said:

Yes, I was using an online agency to check....so much easier.  I checked the longer version and it was just as restricted.  Once I get everything sorted, I'll call HAL and see what they can do. I was able to grab an aft for the NZ cruise but slim pickins on the Transpacific.  For the lower price, I may just end up keeping my guarantee rather than paying extra for  a mediocre cabin.

All sorted with a phone call.  I was able to get the aft for both legs

• Like 1

Thanks for the update on the released itineraries.  

I'm disappointed that Tampa still has nothing, and that they are using Rotterdam for Panama Canal as well as Volendam at times with Zaandam out of Ft Lauderdale.  Would like to see the R class doing the more exotic runs rather than the usual Caribbean that all the big ships do.

22 hours ago, ChinaShrek said:

Princess has many Japan cruises in the summer months.  The Mediterranean is also hot in the summer but that seems to be popular.

Japan, fine.  Think Singapore, Bangkok, Indonesia, etc., etc.  Only kidding, however.

On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 11:26 AM, Tampa Girl said:

Japan, fine.  Think Singapore, Bangkok, Indonesia, etc., etc.  Only kidding, however.

Bangkok in the summer can be down right miserable...plus you have the rainy season to think about too! 

Can someone try to enlighten me as to when Christmas 2020 will be released? 

Rotterdam is scheduled to be back in San Diego on December 19(32 day Hawaii) and leave Fort Lauderdale on January 4(16 day west bound Panama).

So, in theory, she will sail Panama East Bound but no itinerary is to be found.

Thanks!