Paradise

mdsgu

Sailed on her in October, about 6 months after her most recent dry dock. Received the 2.0 upgrades except the Alclemy bar. Rooms, halls and common areas looked real nice. Food was above average, I even threw you know what in the wind and ordered the Flat Iron Steak in the MDR and it was excellent ! Embark in Tampa was the easiest I've seen. Enjoy your cruise. 

Thank you.  I've seen the Wikipedia version.  Tampa is very easy -- we sailed on Majesty of the Seas last July, and that had to be the easiest embarkation ever.  We never stood in a line and were on Lido by 11:30.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, mdsgu said:

Tampa is very easy -- we sailed on Majesty of the Seas last July,

and that had to be the easiest embarkation ever. 

We never stood in a line and were on Lido by 11:30.

Sounds like boarding at Barbados, where the Port

is literally 10 mins. from my house.  15 if traffic is bad.

We've often boarded around 10:30, cabins are ready -

then Lido for an early Lunch!

No more than about 3 doz. cabins disembark here, on Wednesdays

and are replaced by new folks, boarding for their Wed-to-Wed. cruise

We are sailing on the Paradise to Key West and Havana leaving on April 13th. I plan on writing a comprehensive review of our trip when we return. I've noticed there isn't a lot of new info on the Paradise or reviews on Cuba cruises on here, so I want to do my part to help others out! Let me know if you have any specific questions. 

• Like 1

Been on the Paradise several times, the last time with the 2.0 upgrades.  Booked again next February.

She is a very friendly ship - the crew is outstanding.  The food is very good and it is fun each & every day.

The ONLY thing I wish was that it had the Dive In movies - that is one of my favorite activities on the larger ships.   But that is the only thing …. the rest makes for a wonderful cruise.

48 minutes ago, MistyRo76 said:

We are sailing on the Paradise to Key West and Havana leaving on April 13th. I plan on writing a comprehensive review of our trip when we return. I've noticed there isn't a lot of new info on the Paradise or reviews on Cuba cruises on here, so I want to do my part to help others out! Let me know if you have any specific questions. 

Looking fwd to your review!!! Ken

Read the CC reviews. We love the Paradise and because we live 45 minutes from the Port of Tampa, we sail on her often. Great crew, nice enhancements since dry dock last year, and good is great. Thanks to those of you commenting on the excellent embarkation at the Port of Tampa as DH works there part-time checking in passengers, etc. and I passed along your favorable comments.

great ship both before and after 2.0 upgrades. We live about 30 mins from port and usually sail her every august. We always have a great time and great service. 

Cuba was fantastic. 

Plenty of reviews out there. 

The smaller ships just seen less crowded. 

On 4/3/2019 at 9:51 AM, CheersPkg4Us said:

Sailed on her in October, about 6 months after her most recent dry dock. Received the 2.0 upgrades except the Alclemy bar. Rooms, halls and common areas looked real nice. Food was above average, I even threw you know what in the wind and ordered the Flat Iron Steak in the MDR and it was excellent ! Embark in Tampa was the easiest I've seen. Enjoy your cruise. 

Paradise was my first Carnival ship so I will always be a fan of that ship. However, I was disappointed they didn’t add the Alchemy Bar to her like they have done to other Fantasy class ships. That is the main reason I have not sailed on her yet post dry dock, even though we live only 20 minutes from the Tampa port, although we do have a cruise booked on her in November. 

On 4/3/2019 at 8:15 AM, mdsgu said:

Will be sailing Paradise in July to Cuba.  Have sailed Carnival several times, but on newer ships.  Tell me the good, the bad, and the ugly, please!

I do have a post dry dock review of the Paradise in my signature. 😎

7 hours ago, Jnew2176 said:

Was there cornhole available onboard anywhere?

I was on the Paradise a couple weeks ago, and yes, there was corn hole in the pool area (up on the stage area when not in use for other things).

On 4/6/2019 at 9:07 PM, PhillyFan33579 said:

Paradise was my first Carnival ship so I will always be a fan of that ship. However, I was disappointed they didn’t add the Alchemy Bar to her like they have done to other Fantasy class ships. That is the main reason I have not sailed on her yet post dry dock, even though we live only 20 minutes from the Tampa port, although we do have a cruise booked on her in November

Only one got it so that ship was the exception instead of the rule.  

3 minutes ago, boomhower said:

Only one got it so that ship was the exception instead of the rule.  

Off the top of my head, at least half if not more of the Fantasy class ships have an Alchemy Bar. I know Paradise, Elation and Fantasy don’t have it, but I believe the rest have it. 

5 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Off the top of my head, at least half if not more of the Fantasy class ships have an Alchemy Bar. I know Paradise, Elation and Fantasy don’t have it, but I believe the rest have it. 

Yup, I was wrong.  Didn't realize how many Fantasy class ships there are.  Makes me even more salty the Paradise and Elation didn't as they are my local ones.  Just took a cruise on the Miracle with the Alchemy and have experianced what they are missing. 

On 4/5/2019 at 1:26 PM, Don Kehote said:

Please look for Mr. Arturo.  Last we cruised, he worked evenings at the bar in back of the buffet.  He was the BEST.

I will check him out on our April 27th cruise. I need a good bartender since no Alchemy!