Hey baby can I buy you a drink?

18 minutes ago, Curleegirl said:

If I have the deluxe booze package can I buy a drink for myself and someone else? Thanks.

You can buy a drink for someone else but have no idea why you would be “buying” a drink for yourself. Ask for your own drink and tell the bartender or server to charge your card for the other drink. 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Curleegirl said:

If I have the deluxe booze package can I buy a drink for myself and someone else? Thanks.

You don't have to buy the drink for yourself. Yes, you can buy a drink for another. It'll just show up on your account

14 minutes ago, mcatmcat said:

According to the rule no, but I read some people purchase one drink and come back a few minutes later asking for another drink. 

Hopefully,the OP was not trying to steal the second drink. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Curleegirl said:

Yes, you can get your drink as part of the package and tell the bartender to charge your onboard account for the second drink.

• Like 3

I have bought the drink package once. I would go to the bar and order two drinks, one for me, one for my wife. I would not bring my wife's card with me because it was easier (for me at least) to deal with just one card. The bartender would tell me that he could not give me two free drinks. I had to explain that I did not want two free drinks, I wanted one for free and I wanted to pay for the other one for my wife. The bartenders (several different ones) would tell me they needed my wife's card so they could charge her for it. I told them to put it on my card. They couldn't figure out why someone with a drink package would want to pay for a drink. My guess is that so many people are trying to scam the system and get multiple free drinks with one trip to the bar that they no longer trust anyone to be honest.

Edited by cruiseguy1016
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

...  My guess is that many people are trying to scam the system and get multiple free drinks with one trip to the bar that they no longer trust anyone to be honest.

I can see that.

1 hour ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

I have bought the drink package once. I would go to the bar and order two drinks, one for me, one for my wife. I would not bring my wife's card with me because it was easier (for me at least) to deal with just one card. The bartender would tell me that he could not give me two free drinks. I had to explain that I did not want two free drinks, I wanted one for free and I wanted to pay for the other one for my wife. The bartenders (several different ones) would tell me they needed my wife's card so they could charge her for it. I told them to put it on my card. They couldn't figure out why someone with a drink package would want to pay for a drink. My guess is that so many people are trying to scam the system and get multiple free drinks with one trip to the bar that they no longer trust anyone to be honest.

I'm confused. Was your wife not in your cabin? I thought if one person in a cabin over 21 bought the package, both people (if over 21) had to buy it. If I'm correct, why wouldn't they just apply one drink to your card and one to hers? No need to "pay". Usually after day 1, if not sooner, they realize who the "couples" are and remember #s.

Edited by JennyB1977

22 minutes ago, JennyB1977 said:

I'm confused. Was your wife not in your cabin? I thought if one person in a cabin over 21 bought the package, both people (if over 21) had to buy it. If I'm correct, why wouldn't they just apply one drink to your card and one to hers? No need to "pay". Usually after day 1, if not sooner, they realize who the "couples" are and remember #s.

She may have had just the refreshment package & he was getting her a drink not included in that. 

28 minutes ago, JennyB1977 said:

The OP said he “once” bought the drink package. It wasnt always required that both in a room buy the package. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

Actually, they need to the card to be sure it is going to someone of legal age.  Even without the drink package, they will not let you purchase 2 drinks at the same time for yourself.

51 minutes ago, JennyB1977 said:

This was a couple of years ago before the rule changed.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, robyn206 said:

Actually, they need to the card to be sure it is going to someone of legal age.  Even without the drink package, they will not let you purchase 2 drinks at the same time for yourself.

I understand why they might ask but I buy more than one drink all the time and I have never been asked for other cards or who the extra drinks are for.

16 minutes ago, robyn206 said:

I have before, but it's been a few years, and while this would help prevent it, it wouldn't stop it so I'm not sure they'll go to a lot of effort on this one.  We all buy the drink package now though so I haven't attempted any of the above scenarios in awhile!

1 minute ago, ShillyShally said:

I have before, but it's been a few years, and while this would help prevent it, it wouldn't stop it so I'm not sure they'll go to a lot of effort on this one.  We all buy the drink package now though so I haven't attempted any of the above scenarios in awhile!

We were on Adventure 4 weeks ago. It was my wife & I along with our adult children. If I was going to get a drink, I would ask who else wanted one. I would come back from the bar with 2,3, or 4 drinks. I was never asked for other cards or who the other drinks were for. I don't buy the drink package anymore because (1) I don't drink like I used to :classic_biggrin: and (2) I'm a Diamond member so I get 3 drinks per day loaded on my Sea Pass that I can use at dinner time.

• Like 1

In the early days (hours) of a cruise, l take both our cards to the bar. As has been said, good bar staff quickly get to know you; more often than not by mid-cruise they know what you drink, and don't even bother asking for the card(s).

It was my birthday on the Brilliance last year. A lovely American lady  insisted on buying me a drink on her card (despite my protests that l had the drinks package). Very kind of her.....

3 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

We were on Adventure 4 weeks ago. It was my wife & I along with our adult children. If I was going to get a drink, I would ask who else wanted one. I would come back from the bar with 2,3, or 4 drinks. I was never asked for other cards or who the other drinks were for. I don't buy the drink package anymore because (1) I don't drink like I used to :classic_biggrin: and (2) I'm a Diamond member so I get 3 drinks per day loaded on my Sea Pass that I can use at dinner time.

Yep that's what I figured and sounds like our previous cruise where we didn't have the package.  I think they only get curious when one has the drink package and doesn't volunteer to pay for the second or more drink, and that they should do!