Room service

kycruisr

13 minutes ago, sanmarcosman said:

We've not seen a breakfast sandwich on Carnival's menu. Princess has a hot breakfast sandwich on their menu, the McPrincess. Could you be thinking of them?

I've been on Princess and I know what you are talking about.  This is a new item on several Carnival ships.  I can't offer the link to clarify.  I believe it must be a trial on a few ships.  Hoping someone has first hand knowledge and can offer a picture.   

33 minutes ago, RoperDK said:

I hope they add egg items and bacon and sausage.  I know there will be a charge, but as long as they offer the usual free items, I am okay with that. 

No eggs on the room service menu.  Cereal, fruit, bagels, croissants, etc. are the only breakfast items. For the “for charge” items, they have fried shrimp, tenders, hot sandwiches, fries, including sweet potato fries. They also have all kinds of juices. We ordered during the mid-evening hours and combined paid items with free items, like chocolate cake and bag of cookies and my son got apple juice. The food is pretty reasonable. 

This was one evening :

‘My son’s basket of fries are not shown here but it was a full basket of fries for 2.00.

0DABBF33-BC10-476B-98FC-3A4A09D29C65.thumb.jpeg.3f65e21a2a6fff7d91fbc1de4855fefb.jpeg

‘Bagels for breakfast before leaving for an excursion. We ordered for 630am as our wake up call. 

E275DE1D-29CC-4BA6-BC81-03B4EE1B4DF6.thumb.jpeg.e375196d8d2186097c146448985ce104.jpeg

Fresh fruit and cerealCF34A2AD-FB19-42F4-97C7-B35A4CA2F644.thumb.jpeg.e5ef4210917d4ebae1e3dd6f3bd0d5b3.jpeg

This was our room service breakfast on a port day where we had an excursion to depart for and had to be up early. 

A841F81A-1D8A-4227-A5D2-FDE4F147AE33.thumb.jpeg.39f6d8a0ac82e17bf273183e6828f4dd.jpeg

62E8FD62-D7DC-4F7F-9E32-EC623653C0F8.thumb.png.51e745500e08c4b11139e309ffcfd846.png

5 hours ago, RoperDK said:

Has anyone been on a ship recently that had breakfast sandwiches for a $3 charge added to the breakfast order form? I saw a picture of the new form on a site that we can't mention here.  I believe there were 4 different kinds of typical breakfast sandwiches.  The normal breakfast items were the same and were free. 

Yes, we just sailed Magic (off the ship this morning, boo boo) and one morning ordered the breakfast sandwiches from the hanger you put on your door. As I recall it was $3 for each, with three options. English muffin with egg, cheese & ham. Biscuit with sausage, egg & cheese and one with a crispy chicken something.

I love breakfast sandwiches and eggs and mine (with sausage) was really bad. I was disappointed. The egg was good but the sausage was thick and chewy and the biscuit was odd. Hopefully we caught them on a bad morning and others liked them.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, SecretSK said:

I love breakfast sandwiches and eggs and mine (with sausage) was really bad. I was disappointed. The egg was good but the sausage was thick and chewy and the biscuit was odd.

In the begining of the video below, she shows the new sandwiches and that biscuit didn't look good at all. I have a feeling I'd be disappointed too if that was delivered to me, especially if it costs $3 extra.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYZe_RRWdcU

1 hour ago, schazzy said:

In the begining of the video below, she shows the new sandwiches and that biscuit didn't look good at all. I have a feeling I'd be disappointed too if that was delivered to me, especially if it costs $3 extra.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYZe_RRWdcU

That biscuit looks like a crumpet, ugh. 

aussie-crumpet-burger-109897-1.jpeg

Edited by sanmarcosman

1 hour ago, coevan said:

That's not the breakfast menu

The menu I'm looking at says this:

A LITTLE $ A LOT OF YUMMY - My questions is, where are the prices indicated by the dollar sign?

TOTALLY AWESOME WINGS Tossed in Your Choice of: Honey BBQ, Buffalo Sauce,  Garlic Parmesan, Teriyaki, or Caribbean Jerk CHICKEN TENDERS  Crispy Panko Breaded Chicken Tenders with BBQ  or Honey Mustard sauce SPICY FRIED FIRECRACKER SHRIMP  Spiced Shrimp, Panko Coated and Fried with Chili Ginger Dip, Served with French Fries 
KILLER CHICKEN QUESADILLA  Grilled Chipotle Seasoned Chicken, Onions,  Peppers, Grated Monterey Jack Cheese,  Fresh Pico de Gallo, and Guacamole AUTHENTIC PHILLY CHEESESTEAK  Frizzled Steak, Melted Cheese and Grilled Onions on  a Hoagie Roll, Served with French Fries PAN PIZZA  Hand-Stretched Dough, Topped with Fresh  Ingredients and Baked to Order. Cheese, Pepperoni,  or Ham and Pineapple SIDE OF FRIES  Just Right for You… Tell the Others to Order Their Own SWEET POTATO FRIES  OLD FASHIONED BANANA SPLIT 
- DRINKS No charge Juices: Orange, Tomato, Apple,  or Grapefruit Regular or Decaffeinated Coffee, Hot Tea, Iced Tea, Hot Chocolate,  Chocolate Milk, Milk or Skim Milk
- BUBBLES at Regular Bar Prices Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Diet Sprite, Club Soda, Ginger Ale, Root Beer,  Tonic Water
- BEERS at Regular Bar Prices DOMESTIC BEER Budweiser, Bud Light, Miller Lite, Coors Light, Samuel Adams
IMPORTED BEER Heineken, Corona, Pilsner Urquell 

Roz

On 4/19/2019 at 12:42 PM, Keys2Heaven said:

Well, at least they did a pretty good job of cleaning their plates. Prior to the charge, it wasn't uncommon to see trays still piled with half-eaten food sitting in the passageway.

Yesh, cover it up with a napkin PLEASE!

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 9:56 PM, SecretSK said:

Yes, we just sailed Magic (off the ship this morning, boo boo) and one morning ordered the breakfast sandwiches from the hanger you put on your door. As I recall it was $3 for each, with three options. English muffin with egg, cheese & ham. Biscuit with sausage, egg & cheese and one with a crispy chicken something.

I love breakfast sandwiches and eggs and mine (with sausage) was really bad. I was disappointed. The egg was good but the sausage was thick and chewy and the biscuit was odd. Hopefully we caught them on a bad morning and others liked them.

I was afraid that the breakfast sandwiches wouldn't be up to par.  Carnival needs to know that if someone is paying for an item, it should be good.  I've had the breakfast sandwiches on Princess and enjoyed them.  

15 minutes ago, RoperDK said:

I was afraid that the breakfast sandwiches wouldn't be up to par.  Carnival needs to know that if someone is paying for an item, it should be good.

I agree, I can forgive if an included option is not that great, but when I have to pay extra, which I don't mind doing if it's something I want, I would expect it to be better than what is included in my cruise fare. From the reviews so far, I don't see myself rushing to try them.

14 minutes ago, RoperDK said:

I found a picture of the new breakfast door hangar.  Don't know what ships have them.  I guess they are doing a trial.

CarnivalBreakfastOrderForm.jpg.9052fe492e6c529d6b67280b3ba7a38a.jpg

I want to know who typed that word salad of a menu up.

• Like 1

On 4/22/2019 at 10:32 AM, Roz said:

A LITTLE $ A LOT OF YUMMY - My questions is, where are the prices indicated by the dollar sign?

TOTALLY AWESOME WINGS Tossed in Your Choice of: Honey BBQ, Buffalo Sauce,  Garlic Parmesan, Teriyaki, or Caribbean Jerk CHICKEN TENDERS  Crispy Panko Breaded Chicken Tenders with BBQ  or Honey Mustard sauce SPICY FRIED FIRECRACKER SHRIMP  Spiced Shrimp, Panko Coated and Fried with Chili Ginger Dip, Served with French Fries 
KILLER CHICKEN QUESADILLA  Grilled Chipotle Seasoned Chicken, Onions,  Peppers, Grated Monterey Jack Cheese,  Fresh Pico de Gallo, and Guacamole AUTHENTIC PHILLY CHEESESTEAK  Frizzled Steak, Melted Cheese and Grilled Onions on  a Hoagie Roll, Served with French Fries PAN PIZZA  Hand-Stretched Dough, Topped with Fresh  Ingredients and Baked to Order. Cheese, Pepperoni,  or Ham and Pineapple SIDE OF FRIES  Just Right for You… Tell the Others to Order Their Own SWEET POTATO FRIES  OLD FASHIONED BANANA SPLIT 
- DRINKS No charge Juices: Orange, Tomato, Apple,  or Grapefruit Regular or Decaffeinated Coffee, Hot Tea, Iced Tea, Hot Chocolate,  Chocolate Milk, Milk or Skim Milk
- BUBBLES at Regular Bar Prices Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Diet Sprite, Club Soda, Ginger Ale, Root Beer,  Tonic Water
- BEERS at Regular Bar Prices DOMESTIC BEER Budweiser, Bud Light, Miller Lite, Coors Light, Samuel Adams

Roz

I'm guessing it is a secret, as none of the prolific cruisers are answering!  I wondered the same thing

13 minutes ago, mapman_2004 said:

I'm guessing it is a secret, as none of the prolific cruisers are answering!  I wondered the same thing

Glad I'm not the only one.  They keep talking about the breakfast menu but the one I'm looking at has sandwiches, salads, desserts, etc.

Roz

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Roz said:

Glad I'm not the only one.  They keep talking about the breakfast menu but the one I'm looking at has sandwiches, salads, desserts, etc.

Roz

Don't know how to post a link but if you Google carnival room service menu and look at the images there is one with prices from January 2018. It's from a thread on here entitled "new room service menu" by BalzacBill. Looked like the most current prices I remember from January. 

Screenshot_20190423-160554_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20190423-160529_Chrome.jpg

On 4/22/2019 at 1:32 PM, Roz said:

Roz

2 hours ago, crusinpsychRN said:

I really want to try the Philly cheese steak. 

Me too, we normally don't order room service, but I might make an exception this time around to try it after several people have said it's very good.