Icon of the Seas Blocks Are In The House!

On 9/24/2022 at 10:57 AM, Eragon666 said:

I saw this part in the making an icon part 2, but didnt see it posted anywhere just yet. Anyone have an idea what this will be for? Because of the camera 'sliding' through it during the video, I thought it might be a rollercoaster, but I didnt see that mentioned anywhere 🙂 

Or is it just a fancy light equipment rail for in a theater? 😄

image.thumb.png.2f3df39d24218fc9da34ae9996bda6e8.png

Maybe a track for aerialists' equipment so they can 'fly' around the theater while preforming in the shows?

On 9/24/2022 at 6:40 AM, Trixie21 said:

Can I ask what you don't like about the IV's?

We are waiting to book Icon for January 2024 and I am interested to try an Infinite veranda to see how I feel about it.

I would be surprised it they were all of that type.

Are the majority on Edge class infinite?

Infinite Veranda rooms are like having an Ocean View cabin where the window opens.

Sitting in that area with the window down is not the same experience as sitting on a real balcony. (not even close)

I was glad I tried it once but never again.

Hopefully there are a very limited number of them on Icon of the Seas.

• Like 6

Infinite might be nice though.  In the normal "blue collar crowd" type balconies there's hardly enough room to pour coffee.  At least in the IV's there would be more depth between the glass railing and the bed.  The couple times I've had a balcony I had to consciously latch the balcony door to ensure the A/C remained on.  Most times I left the balcony door open and the A/C off.  Yes, I know the trick about fooling the system into thinking the door is closed. I give the CC folks about 2 days into the first Live Voyage to post how it's done with an Infinite cabin.  I'm thinking the cabin door into the hall would be unmanageable with the entire wall open vice just a door.

14 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

Problem with IV's is the captain can control when you can or cant have it open. I will never sail in one again. 

Yup, the Captain locks it when it is raining, during cleaning, and when they are refueling.

When you see this it kind of sucks :(

Infinite Veranda Locked.jpg

On 9/24/2022 at 7:05 AM, deliver42 said:

I'm hoping that all the balcony cabins aren't  Infinite Verandas, because if they are, I'll stick to the Oasis Class. I booked a Sunset veranda on the Beyond to get away from the  IV's.

Totally agree! I am not a fan of the infinite balcony at all. Will never sail in one again. 

• Like 2

On 9/25/2022 at 8:46 AM, Trixie21 said:

OK so thats a problem for us!

My routine is to get up around 6am , go down and get my coffee then sit in the balcony for a couple of hours watching the world go by while my wife wakes up!

And the accordion doors are a pain to open and close with the ‘balcony’ furniture in the way. It feels more like you are looking out from on train window than standing on a balcony. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Tough as Leather said:

Besides the installation of remaining blocks, bridge and the dome, there's the lifeboats,  slides, rock wall, azipods, rides?, etc.

The bridge is installed but currently covered with that white material. The port side aft block with the infinity pool is yet to be installed too. Will there be any more Suite blocks mid or forward? The mid-ship top area around the recently installed Crown & Anchor seems like there could be more to be installed around that area?

9 minutes ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

The bridge is installed but currently covered with that white material. The port side aft block with the infinity pool is yet to be installed too. Will there be any more Suite blocks mid or forward? The mid-ship top area around the recently installed Crown & Anchor seems like there could be more to be installed around that area?

If theres more blocks, they aren't on site or are inside. The only other blocks that I believe we've seen are the port side aft blocks. 

• Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

Yes, more to come around that mid ship upper deck area, including a deck 18 area.

More suite area blocks too.

Actually. the azipods may soon be on their way.

Edited by Lloyd555
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Lloyd555 said:

Yes, more to come around that mid ship upper deck area, including a deck 18 area.

More suite area blocks too.

Actually. the azipods may soon be on their way.

Thanks! Yeah I kept looking at that mid section and it seemed off. From some of the photos I’ve seen, it looks like there’s outdoor deck area on that white area, port and starboard, similar to what Odyssey had called Social 8 or something. That teen area in front of the SeaPlex. Plus the middle of those two areas is open for something as of now. So as you said, more to come. 

1 hour ago, topanga49er said:

Wait, What?  Why?  Why do Captains control IV when they cannot control. balcony?  Confused

There is more of a need to be able to close the IV windows when it's raining, there are high winds, or if the windows are to be cleaned. The captain (or bridge staff) will automatically close the windows and then allow them to be reopened when the weather threat is over, or cleaning is done.

Edited by Tough as Leather

Icon to me doesn't look like a really big ship. Yes its longer and maybe even wider than Oasis, but for sure looks a lot shorter. Counted only 7 decks of balconies, and particularly the bow, looks either very high, or the sloping front face of the ship is very narrow. 

19 minutes ago, Ethanol95 said:

Icon to me doesn't look like a really big ship. Yes its longer and maybe even wider than Oasis, but for sure looks a lot shorter. Counted only 7 decks of balconies, and particularly the bow, looks either very high, or the sloping front face of the ship is very narrow. 

If you look the life boats are actually 1 deck higher than oasis. That’s why there is only 7 rows of balconies and the start of the bow section is 2 decks higher aswell. Where the blue stops on the bow is the height of the old bow on oasis.