Norwegian to stop towel animals😪

cruzingambler

Heard on Kelly & Ryan this morning that Norwegian will no longer be making towel animals for cabins😪.  I enjoy coming in to the cabin at night & being greeted by a cute towel animal.  The staff is so creative & it’s a special touch.  One more cost reduction, boohoo!!  

Has anyone else heard this?

1 hour ago, cruzingambler said:

Heard on Kelly & Ryan this morning that Norwegian will no longer be making towel animals for cabins😪.  I enjoy coming in to the cabin at night & being greeted by a cute towel animal.  The staff is so creative & it’s a special touch.  One more cost reduction, boohoo!!  

Has anyone else heard this?

They’re by request now. Just ask your cabin steward. Happy Sailing!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Greenpea2 said:

Something tells me it will be rehashed here too. Incoming! 🤐

I twill be, the same as daily service charge, no bottled water without a huge charge, changed itinerary and a few other topics that will go on and on and on. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, newmexicoNita said:

I twill be, the same as daily service charge, no bottled water without a huge charge, changed itinerary and a few other topics that will go on and on and on. 

And don’t forget the shrimp debacle!

4 hours ago, newmexicoNita said:

Why am I being charged for a free promo?...

NCL lowered prices after I booked so they owe me something...

I wanted a lounger next to the pool but other people had already hogged them...

I wanted a VIBE pass but other people took them and they barely went into VIBE...

They call it "freestyle" but all of the good reservation times were taken...

Someone was wearing shorts in a specialty restaurant and they ruined my meal...

Why can't I book my teens in a room by themselves?

I wanted the balcony dividers opened but NCL said "no"...

Can I bring my drone?

...the usual topics...

• Like 1

I would love a completely pay for you want all inclusive price. Your want towel animals that will be $x.  You want bottled water that will be $x. You want espresso based drinks that will be $x. You want all the beers, wines & cocktails that will be $x.   You want the spa that will be $x. You want go-carts that will be $x. You want fresh juice $x. You want lobster $x. 

The joy joy if NCL is that it can be all things to all people so why not pay for what we want and not pay for what we don’t want?

i think the all-inclusive failed in Europe because people like me hated paying for the bottles water that wasted space in the cabin and coffee that was included. I’m much happier with the current free at sea promotion. 

6 hours ago, newmexicoNita said:

If you don't like it then just scroll on by the thread.  

Why is that so hard for people?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, LD Silver said:

If you don't like it then just scroll on by the thread.  

Why is that so hard for people?

wow, did someone get up on the wrong side of the bed this morning? 

it is human nature to read on a topic we are interested in and human nature to get tired of the repeat threads as most have said right here or reading the negatives over and over  

3 hours ago, Two Wheels Only said:

Why am I being charged for a free promo?...

NCL lowered prices after I booked so they owe me something...

I wanted a lounger next to the pool but other people had already hogged them...

I wanted a VIBE pass but other people took them and they barely went into VIBE...

They call it "freestyle" but all of the good reservation times were taken...

Someone was wearing shorts in a specialty restaurant and they ruined my meal...

Why can't I book my teens in a room by themselves?

I wanted the balcony dividers opened but NCL said "no"...

Can I bring my drone?

...the usual topics...

Does this elevator go to the bow?

what time is the midnight buffet?

2 hours ago, Travelicious said:

It is not just NCL.  I was on Celebrity a week ago and no towel animals in my room either.  Of course, I've probably already seen them all, so no big deal to me.

We have sailed Celebrity . Never had a towel animal. I do not think it is part of their service.

No towel animals on Princess or Cunard either.

It's great if you have kids. I don't and am 32 with my partner in her 20s. It's cute on your 1st and 2nd cruise, but then you realize it is a waste to the environment and there are only so many types the crew can make anyways. 

I rather crew focus their time on cleanliness and customer service in food and drink service. 

NCL announced earlier today that they won't be getting rid of the towel animals completely. Besides the UPB, SDP, WiFi, etc.. they will now offer the UTAP. Ultimate Towel Animal Package. It won't be offered as a free perk, it will have to be purchased for the low, low price of $49.99 per day, per person. That doesn't include taxes, and gratuity. For this reasonable price, you get 2 towel animals per day. Should you long for more, each additional towel animal will be $14.99.

😁😁

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, NCLetscruise said:

NCL announced earlier today that they won't be getting rid of the towel animals completely. Besides the UPB, SDP, WiFi, etc.. they will now offer the UTAP. Ultimate Towel Animal Package. It won't be offered as a free perk, it will have to be purchased for the low, low price of $49.99 per day, per person. That doesn't include taxes, and gratuity. For this reasonable price, you get 2 towel animals per day. Should you long for more, each additional towel animal will be $14.99.

😁😁

Good one! The UTAP!

• Like 1