Surveying LCV members on Inclusions - should we or shouldn’t we?

BBMacLaird

20 hours ago, LuAnn said:

Thanks so much!!...I will try that today!! BUT...we are lucky that we have other CC members to tell us what to do about this...what about the people who aren't on CC??? Why does AZ not try and "fix" these problems?? LuAnn

And what if you have never been a member of a captain's club because all of your cruises have been with Azamara?

Edited by Lookyboy
Typing errors
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Lookyboy said:

And what if you have never been a member of a captain's club because all of your cruises have been with Azamara?

If you are a member of LCV, then you are also a member of Captains Club, your membership number is the same.

I’ve never been on Celebrity, but was able to register on Captain’s Club using my LCV membership number.

Edited by Host Grandma Cruising

4 hours ago, Lookyboy said:

LuAnn's "CC" means "Cruise Critic," not "Captain's Club."

I received the email and did the survey.  When we cruise, we usually do a mix of private/ship excursions.  We have cruised with X and Az. 

Edited by Tom47

21 hours ago, hrhdhd said:

LuAnn's "CC" means "Cruise Critic," not "Captain's Club."

Thanks so much... as you can see by my "join date":...I just didn't "drop off the Turnip truck!!  I have spent  hours and hours helping other friends find the way to "cruise..And I don't want to "fight" on CC...there are TWO meanings on CC.. Cruise Critic...and Captain's Club!! 

45 minutes ago, LuAnn said:

Thanks so much... as you can see by my "join date":...I just didn't "drop off the Turnip truck!!  I have spent  hours and hours helping other friends find the way to "cruise..And I don't want to "fight" on CC...there are TWO meanings on CC.. Cruise Critic...and Captain's Club!! 

I don't know what this means, but I was speaking to Lookyboy to correct his misunderstanding of "CC," not to impugn your use of acronyms.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, hrhdhd said:

I don't know what this means, but I was speaking to Lookyboy to correct his misunderstanding of "CC," not to impugn your use of acronyms.

Thanks so much!! I guess sometimes... when we use these "Initials"...we have different meanings!! ,..and I think I over-reacted!! My Bad!! ...LuAnn

1 hour ago, LuAnn said:

Thanks so much!! I guess sometimes... when we use these "Initials"...we have different meanings!! ,..and I think I over-reacted!! My Bad!! ...LuAnn

Thank you for helping, LuAnn....... I was responding to Host Grandma Cruising (CC host) who was mentioning that not receiving e-mails could maybe be sorted by going into a Captain's Club (CC) membership to check something. I couldn't see the point, never having been a member - unless someone else (RCI?) has created a membership on our behalf and ticked / unticked something that is stopping us receiving e-mails. Mmmmm......

But thank you.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Lookyboy said:

Thank you for helping, LuAnn....... I was responding to Host Grandma Cruising (CC host) who was mentioning that not receiving e-mails could maybe be sorted by going into a Captain's Club (CC) membership to check something. I couldn't see the point, never having been a member - unless someone else (RCI?) has created a membership on our behalf and ticked / unticked something that is stopping us receiving e-mails. Mmmmm......

But thank you.

I do have a Captains Club Account. I registered for it using my LCV number. I just had a look at it and on the communications page in ‘My Account’  it has a section about which cruise lines I want information about and how (email/mail).

Mine has a tick for emails about Celebrity & Azamara and I do get emails.

It may be worth registering with Captains Club and making sure the ticks are in the right place.

On 5/2/2019 at 11:15 AM, Mr. Click said:

Followed the link, clicked take the survey and got a window saying the survey was closed. Oh well....I do not drink so inclusions of alcohol packages are a waste for me. I don't like big group tours so inclduing ship's tours is a waste for me now I do like wifi to be included but then there goes my LCV benefit minutes....

I got the same message ('Survey closed'). That's a shame - I would have liked to complete the survey. I get heaps of Azamara emails but didn't receive the survey.

Edited by biggersn

Hi Bonnie, 

Some of us have completed the survey, not because we have received it from Azamara but because we have used the link you have shared. Thanks for that. I wonder how Azamara has selected to whom to send the survey. I find it strange that being discover plus, I was not contacted directly by Azamara.

In any case, now that I have participated, I would like to know the results of the survey. Are you also going to post those results or how can we know what people have answered?

Ivi

2 hours ago, travelberlin said:

Hi Bonnie, 

Some of us have completed the survey, not because we have received it from Azamara but because we have used the link you have shared. Thanks for that. I wonder how Azamara has selected to whom to send the survey. I find it strange that being discover plus, I was not contacted directly by Azamara.

In any case, now that I have participated, I would like to know the results of the survey. Are you also going to post those results or how can we know what people have answered?

Ivi

Not sure if it applies to anyone else but I’m Discoverer plus and didn’t think I had received the survey . However I did find it in my junk email box which I rarely check.

• Like 1

On 5/5/2019 at 4:02 AM, travelberlin said:

Hi Bonnie, 

Ivi

Hi Ivi,

This survey was to get a reading on what our LCV members use, don't use, would like to have included. I rather doubt the hard-data results are going to be shared, since the information was gathered for executive level discussions about the future inclusions. I like all of you will wait to see what they decide.

18 hours ago, avw said:

I am Discoverer Plus but did not receive the survey. I tried the link and the survey is down already, according to Survey Monkey.

There is another thread on this subject, I’m still waiting for Bonnie to reply. 

We are also Discoverer Plus and didn’t receive the survey.  I attempted to participate only a day after news of it was first posted here but got the same message as you when I clicked on Bonnie’s link. 

• Like 1

Tried to share my opinion but the survey is already closed...gee that was a short timeframe if AZ wanted to get a significant response!  For the record on included excursions...NO! NO! NO! The prices are already pushing too high for value received and as a result we are looking at many other lines . . . Oceania's "O Choice" prices are in many cases comparable (or even less) and include airfare and another bonus option such as beverages, credit or shore excursions, Seabourn, Crystal and Silversea often also have prices competitive with AZ's.  Based on my review of 2021 prices on many of AZ cruises, the cost for the lowest veranda category is consistently at or over $1k per couple per day and for those of us who book early then we get to experience the disappointing reduced prices offered for new bookings after our final payment date (which just happened to me for our July 2019 cruise)...all that leaves a bad taste in my mouth.  Love AZ, do not love how AZ is doing business lately and really dislike the new upgrade bidding!  So, that's my response to the survey.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, AllisonJames said:

Tried to share my opinion but the survey is already closed...gee that was a short timeframe if AZ wanted to get a significant response!  For the record on included excursions...NO! NO! NO! The prices are already pushing too high for value received and as a result we are looking at many other lines . . . Oceania's "O Choice" prices are in many cases comparable (or even less) and include airfare and another bonus option such as beverages, credit or shore excursions, Seabourn, Crystal and Silversea often also have prices competitive with AZ's.  Based on my review of 2021 prices on many of AZ cruises, the cost for the lowest veranda category is consistently at or over $1k per couple per day and for those of us who book early then we get to experience the disappointing reduced prices offered for new bookings after our final payment date (which just happened to me for our July 2019 cruise)...all that leaves a bad taste in my mouth.  Love AZ, do not love how AZ is doing business lately and really dislike the new upgrade bidding!  So, that's my response to the survey.

Here's my "plus one vote"!!! LuAnn

• Like 2

On 5/10/2019 at 2:25 AM, AllisonJames said:

And another plus one!

Edited by cruisingaussies
Unclear post

On 5/9/2019 at 12:25 PM, AllisonJames said:

Agree.  AZ pricing and costs are going the way of Celebrity (not surprisingly) which is trying to set high prices early on and reduce prices as demand, do to the high prices, declines.  Makes little sense of us Azamara aficionados and for Azamara itself with its three similar ships.