Harmony Boardwalk Ocean View Balcony.

We were on the Harmony with my sister/brother in law, we always have the oceanview balcony but to save some money my sister/brother in law had the boardwalk balcony. and they said never again.  My brother in law said there was no way to take a nap as the merry go round bell kept ringing and the music in boardwalk plus the practices of the aqua theatre and the movie screen, always noise.  They were on deck 12.  

10 minutes ago, Artemus said:

Anyone ever had one ? I’m just wondering if there are any negatives. It’s on the ocean side opposite the retail space between Johnny Rocket’s and the hot doghouse. I

Lack of privacy also.

We were in room 9729 in September 2018 with our daughter, we really enjoyed it. We were able to nap with no problems. It was our first time in a Boardwalk balcony, we have been in a Central Park balcony also. Personally, we wouldn't hesitate to book them again, in fact, we have Central Park booked on Symphony of The Seas in March 2020.

• Like 1

We an extended family had the last four aft cabins on deck #9 on Harmony starboardside. Got them at a great price when bookings were just released for the new ship and thought we would try this location......Never again !!!!

5 minutes ago, Artemus said:

Just to clarify, my cabin does not have a view of the boardwalk. It has a view of the ocean.

I'm a little confused.  Is it an oceanview balcony room toward the aft of the ship where the Boardwalk is located, OR a Boardwalk balcony room? 

I would think you would be fine if you have an oceanview balcony (actually facing the ocean and not the boardwalk).  We have sailed Allure in a Boardwalk balcony and didn't have any trouble with excessive noise. We were opposite the "retail space" also.  We were about 6 balconies in from the aft, so we did have a nice view of the ocean from our balcony if we stepped out.  I think the rooms further from the aft, but still on the boardwalk, don't have such great views.   If we went on our balcony we would hear the carousel and the practices for water shows, but it wasn't bothersome to us. 

Everyone has a different threshold for noise and what bothers them.  Not knowing your threshold for such, I just can't really say.  That said, on Allure- my parents had an oceanview balcony across the hall from our boardwalk view and heard no boardwalk noise in their room. 

As some have mentioned,  balcony time is not quite as private with the boardwalk.  You can't really go out in your pajamas for your morning coffee with bed head.   Well, I guess you can, but know that someone right across the way could see you.  Also, need to keep those curtains closed when changing in your cabin with a boardwalk balcony. 

Anyhow, again- if you are facing the exterior of the ship in a true "oceanview balcony" I think you will definitely be fine.

1 hour ago, Artemus said:

Anyone ever had one ? I’m just wondering if there are any negatives. It’s on the ocean side opposite the retail space between Johnny Rocket’s and the hot doghouse. I

Oceanview balconies are on the outside of the ship.  Boardwalk balconies are on the interior.  If a cabin is "facing" retail space, Johnny Rockets and the Doghouse, it is an interior balcony on the Boardwalk.  Not oceanview.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Artemus said:

Just to clarify, my cabin does not have a view of the boardwalk. It has a view of the ocean.

What is your cabin number, there are no boardwalk cabins with a ocean view.  It might be possible to have a boardwalk cabin with the smallest pick a boo I can almost see blue if I squint cabin. Some TA'S will tell you that a aft boardwalk cabin has a view of the ocean, not true. 

Well you certainly did confuse a few of us...next time give the cabin #.

My concern with this cabin is that it's a connecting one....I avoid those unless I'm cruising

with the person that cabin connects to.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Well you certainly did confuse a few of us...next time give the cabin #.

My concern with this cabin is that it's a connecting one....I avoid those unless I'm cruising

with the person that cabin connects to.

I will be sure to keep the door locked.

2 hours ago, Artemus said:

It will be no different than any other Oceanview Balcony on the ship on any other deck.   While the deck plans don’t show it well your cabin is in a hallway with no view or access to the Boardwalk. 

41 minutes ago, Artemus said:

Lol. 6694

192853BE-5DBA-4EAB-B7F1-82419043AF25.jpeg

6694 does not face anything but the ocean.  It does not face Johnny Rockets.  It does not face the DogHouse.  It does not face retail shops.  It faces the ocean.  As Ken wrote, to access the Boardwalk, you must walk forward ( to where stateroom 6660 is).

10 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It will be no different than any other Oceanview Balcony on the ship on any other deck.   While the deck plans don’t show it well your cabin is in a hallway with no view or access to the Boardwalk. 

Thank you. That is what I was thinking and hoping. When I come out of my door, there will be just a wall and minimal noise especially with a retail shop on the other side.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

6694 does not face anything but the ocean.  It does not face Johnny Rockets.  It does not face the DogHouse.  It does not face retail shops.  It faces the ocean.  As Ken wrote, to access the Boardwalk, you must walk forward ( to where stateroom 6660 is).

Thanks, I already had that figured out.

4 minutes ago, Artemus said:

Thank you. That is what I was thinking and hoping. When I come out of my door, there will be just a wall and minimal noise especially with a retail shop on the other side.

Yes, if your only concern is "noise from the Boardwalk", the answer is "none".  🙂  

2 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Yes, if your only concern is "noise from the Boardwalk", the answer is "none".  🙂  

If you read my original post you will see I was asking about any negatives about the location,  not just noise.

2 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

What is your cabin number, there are no boardwalk cabins with a ocean view.  It might be possible to have a boardwalk cabin with the smallest pick a boo I can almost see blue if I squint cabin. Some TA'S will tell you that a aft boardwalk cabin has a view of the ocean, not true. 

So sorry, but this is absolutely not true, at least on Oasis and Allure until they add the Abyss.  This photo was taken on the Allure, we were in cabin 11329, our favorite. We've sailed in cabins as far back as --315 and still had a gorgeous view of the ocean. We could also watch the fun on the Boardwalk and the Aqua shows from our balcony. The noise and purported lack of privacy were inconsequential. 

Allure May 2017.JPG

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Artemus said:

No. When you come out of your door, there will be a cabin door across the hall that goes to the Boardwalk Balcony over the retail space. 

3 minutes ago, HicksRA said:

No. When you come out of your door, there will be a cabin door across the hall that goes to the Boardwalk Balcony over the retail space. 

No, they are on the level of the retail on deck 6, so no cabin across from them.