MSC Current Status Match Tables

GenghisQuan

1 hour ago, alysonofagun said:

Does anyone have an idea of how long it takes to hear back about status match? Been waiting a few weeks and now I’m not sure my form even submitted (no auto response or anything!)!

Mine was confirmed in under 48 hours, I'd say yours didn't get submitted...

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Mark_T said:

Mine was confirmed in under 48 hours, I'd say yours didn't get submitted...

agreed usually takes 24-48 hours. I've done it about 4 times. very quick. That's one of the few things they seem to get right a good percentage of the time.

• Haha 1

On 7/20/2023 at 9:16 PM, Illbcruzn4life said:

agreed usually takes 24-48 hours. I've done it about 4 times. very quick. That's one of the few things they seem to get right a good percentage of the time.

They get it right, when the form actually lets you submit.  

• Haha 1

Where do you access the form? Does it expire? Should I submit months in advance for NCL Platinum status match, or does it matter? Can someone post the link or tell me the steps to find the form? Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you. 

49 minutes ago, PalmBeach4 said:

Where do you access the form? Does it expire? Should I submit months in advance for NCL Platinum status match, or does it matter? Can someone post the link or tell me the steps to find the form? Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you. 

Frequent traveller status: enroll the form | MSC Cruises (msccruisesusa.com)

Once you are approved you have 3 years to cruise, and 3 years after the next cruise or you lose your status.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

Frequent traveller status: enroll the form | MSC Cruises (msccruisesusa.com)

Once you are approved you have 3 years to cruise, and 3 years after the next cruise or you lose your status.

Those dates are based on the end date of the cruise though, so you have to make sure the cruise ends before your status expires.

• Like 1

I have a question.  My husband is Ambassador Elite with Marriott and Diamond with Hilton, from what I have read it is probably best for us to submit the diamond for him; however, that is his status and not mine.  I am guessing I cannot piggy back on his status.  I have gold status with RCCL, Gold with Carnival and Silver with NCL.  I guess I have to submit my gold to get my own status, is this correct?  Also if he is Diamond and I am gold and he books the cruise, will I be able to have the same benefits such as cocktail parties or anything like that?  Hope that was not too confusing.  Thanks

29 minutes ago, couplelovestravel said:

I have a question.  My husband is Ambassador Elite with Marriott and Diamond with Hilton, from what I have read it is probably best for us to submit the diamond for him; however, that is his status and not mine.  I am guessing I cannot piggy back on his status.  I have gold status with RCCL, Gold with Carnival and Silver with NCL.  I guess I have to submit my gold to get my own status, is this correct?  Also if he is Diamond and I am gold and he books the cruise, will I be able to have the same benefits such as cocktail parties or anything like that?  Hope that was not too confusing.  Thanks

1) I would suggest using husband’s Marriott status.

2) Yes, you each submit your own proof from wherever.

3) Do the booking in your husband’s name first, although whoever has highest status will receive the benefit, such as “Butchers Cut” meal, but it is for two regardless of whose name is first on booking. And even if both of you are eventually Diamond, it is still one dinner for two per cabin. Make sense?

• Like 1

Has anyone done a status match from DCL to MSC since DCL introduced the Pearl loyalty category on 1st. May this year?

Does anyone know if the match is based purely on your status level (Gold/Platinum/Pearl) or does MSC take into account the number of cruises?

I'd like to think the number of cruises makes more sense as there's a much higher number of cruises needed to transition from Platinum (10) to Pearl (25) and by name alone the range of sailings that falls into the DCL Platinum aligns with other lines status that might receive higher matches.

We currently have 22 sailings with DCL and are wondering(/hoping) if this would match to MSC Diamond or if we should hold back until we achieve Pearl --- has anyone in a similar position submitted a match request since the introduction of Pearl in May of this year to be able to offer any insight?

Thanks in advance for any advise you might be able to offer.

On 7/29/2023 at 3:29 AM, cellfree said:

3) Do the booking in your husband’s name first, although whoever has highest status will receive the benefit, such as “Butchers Cut” meal, but it is for two regardless of whose name is first on booking. And even if both of you are eventually Diamond, it is still one dinner for two per cabin. Make sense?

Hi

yes, make sure you submit your own because there are benefits for Gold, such as an hour spa access.   You can go to the diamond party/butchers cut as your husbands +1, and obviously can take advantage of priority boarding etc - so long as you are travelling with him. 

5 hours ago, Johnnie Green said:

Has anyone done a status match from DCL to MSC since DCL introduced the Pearl loyalty category on 1st. May this year?

Does anyone know if the match is based purely on your status level (Gold/Platinum/Pearl) or does MSC take into account the number of cruises?

I'd like to think the number of cruises makes more sense as there's a much higher number of cruises needed to transition from Platinum (10) to Pearl (25) and by name alone the range of sailings that falls into the DCL Platinum aligns with other lines status that might receive higher matches.

We currently have 22 sailings with DCL and are wondering(/hoping) if this would match to MSC Diamond or if we should hold back until we achieve Pearl --- has anyone in a similar position submitted a match request since the introduction of Pearl in May of this year to be able to offer any insight?

Thanks in advance for any advise you might be able to offer.

There is no rhyme or reason to their matches. We are D+ on Royal with 50+ cruises. We both got matched to Gold. Unfortunately their system is one and done. No do-overs. You get what you get and don't pitch a fit!

On 7/28/2023 at 10:29 PM, cellfree said:

We used my husband's diamond and they matched him with diamond.  I used my RCCL gold status and got matched to Classic.  Was hoping for Gold, but at least he got Diamond.

21 hours ago, fredmdcruisers said:

There is no rhyme or reason to their matches. We are D+ on Royal with 50+ cruises. We both got matched to Gold. Unfortunately their system is one and done. No do-overs. You get what you get and don't pitch a fit!

Thanks for the reply -- guess in absence of any further replies we'll shortly have to pull the trigger and see where the chips fall!

I currently have a status match to Diamond that I just learned is due to expire at the end of this year. But, I have already booked an MSC cruise for Spring 2024. Do I apply for another match after the expiration. Call someone at MSC??? If so, who? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated?

5 hours ago, CalGalTrvlr said:

I currently have a status match to Diamond that I just learned is due to expire at the end of this year. But, I have already booked an MSC cruise for Spring 2024. Do I apply for another match after the expiration. Call someone at MSC??? If so, who? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated?

AFAIK your only option for keeping status is to sail on an MSC cruise that ends prior to your status expiration. 

• Like 1