MSC Current Status Match Tables

GenghisQuan

13 hours ago, capriccio said:

Our last MSC cruise was January 2020.  During Covid we received an email (possibly more than one but I don't remember) that the 3 year period had been extended to 4.  We are booked on a December cruise that will allow us to retain our status match.  I haven't read of anyone successfully extending the the extension.

13 hours ago, capriccio said:

Our last MSC cruise was January 2020.  During Covid we received an email (possibly more than one but I don't remember) that the 3 year period had been extended to 4.  We are booked on a December cruise that will allow us to retain our status match.  I haven't read of anyone successfully extending the the extension.

On 9/8/2023 at 2:33 PM, Sakura Tomoe said:

Do you have an account set up on the MSC site?  If so, then log in to your account and click on the MSC Voyager's Club tab.  That will show you your status and the expiration date.

I did the above and got my status.   We last took an MSC cruise in 2019 (we took 2 cruises with them over 4 years ago).   It shows that I have 12,300 points and Diamond Status.   It does not show any expiry date and says I have Diamond membership.   I am hoping that is correct.   I sent them an e-mail a few days ago and hope they reply with the answer.

3 minutes ago, mexico8 said:

I did the above and got my status.   We last took an MSC cruise in 2019 (we took 2 cruises with them over 4 years ago).   It shows that I have 12,300 points and Diamond Status.   It does not show any expiry date and says I have Diamond membership.   I am hoping that is correct.   I sent them an e-mail a few days ago and hope they reply with the answer.

Forgot to add that four years ago our status was Black (that was the old status and now changed to silver and diamond etc.)

I also just noticed that under my name is has a date of 31-12-2023.   I am guessing that is the expiry date.   The cruise we are booking is  November 2024 so I guess we won't have the Diamond status then and not get any perks for Diamond status?

We have a cruise booked for November. I matched to Gold. We haven't matched my husband yet because he is so close to Hilton Diamond. Can we request match after he reaches that status, or will MSC start him at the lowest level with our first cruise and keep him there?

Edited by kasmrobi

This seems like the right place to ask this. We sailed MSC in 2018 and status matched to Black. We have not been on MSC since then (we hated it). I found an inexpensive inside Yacht Club cabin in March, so we have decided to give them another try (we were not in YC the first time). My status shows Diamond and expiring 12/31 of this year. Is there any way to get that extended if I have another cruise booked? I believe that I read that you can only status match once, is that correct? Not really sure if there is anything I'd need from the higher level other than the free specialty dining meal, since we are in YC (and maybe not even the meal). Before anyone asks, both my wife and I did the status match, since back then each person was getting a free specialty meal for two people. This changed to a max of one per cabin the week before we sailed, and they would not honor it (just one reason why we hated the cruise).

Edited by MisterBill99

10 hours ago, MisterBill99 said:

We sailed MSC in 2018....

If you last sailed in Dec, 2018 your Voyagers Club membership should have expired back in Dec, 2022 - that's including the one year extension MSC gave during the pandemic.  If yours doesn't expire until Dec, 2023 then MSC is doing an undeclared extension, which wouldn't surprise me given the newest offer of status matching to one level higher than normal.  I think status matches may be drying up a bit.

If you're sailing in YC the Diamond benefits won't be of much value.  Specialty restaurant value would depend upon the ship, but again YC significantly makes up for the loss.

ETA: Having a booking has never helped extend Voyagers Club membership date,  you always needed to actually sail before the expiration date.

Edited by Até
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Até said:

If you last sailed in Dec, 2018 your Voyagers Club membership should have expired back in Dec, 2022 - that's including the one year extension MSC gave during the pandemic.  If yours doesn't expire until Dec, 2023 then MSC is doing an undeclared extension, which wouldn't surprise me given the newest offer of status matching to one level higher than normal.  I think status matches may be drying up a bit.

If you're sailing in YC the Diamond benefits won't be of much value.  Specialty restaurant value would depend upon the ship, but again YC significantly makes up for the loss.

ETA: Having a booking has never helped extend Voyagers Club membership date,  you always needed to actually sail before the expiration date.

Actually, it was January 2018!

I checked the list of benefits. The specialty dining is the one of most value, but like you said, being in YC makes that less important. We'll be on Meraviglia, BTW.

I used the status match in 2018. I sent them I believe my IHG Spire. They matched me to MSC Gold. I asked if they could use my Hilton Diamond instead a few days later as I found that gave me MSC Diamond. They absolutely would not do "another match."

Well I never used it, and it expired. I figured I'd try it again with my Hilton Diamond to see what the definition of "one match" meant. Well, today they matched me to MSC Diamond without issue. 

22 hours ago, Joebucks said:

Well I never used it, and it expired. I figured I'd try it again with my Hilton Diamond to see what the definition of "one match" meant. Well, today they matched me to MSC Diamond without issue. 

Thanks. Maybe I'll try matching again in January after my Diamond status expires. Worst case they say no (an MSC specialty).

• Like 1

On 10/5/2023 at 8:58 PM, Joebucks said:

I used the status match in 2018. I sent them I believe my IHG Spire. They matched me to MSC Gold. I asked if they could use my Hilton Diamond instead a few days later as I found that gave me MSC Diamond. They absolutely would not do "another match."

How long did your match application take to get response?

I am currently a Pinnacle on Royal Caribbean and will be taking my first MSC cruise in April, 2024.  I sent in the request on Tuesday and heard this morning from them, Thursday, that I am now Diamond.

Royal Caribbean; Pinnacle member status matched to Diamond on MSC.

Edited by Surfguyxxx
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My question is how do I know what my Voyagers Club actual expiration date is?

When I logged in to MSC's website, and clicked on Voyager's Club, it showed my name, the date 

01-11-2024 below that, my Club number, and my status.   

I received my status match sometime early in 2021, not sure of the exact date, but it might have been January...again, not sure.   I took my first MSC cruise from October 21 -October 28, 2021 

According to the 'fine print' on the Voyager's Club status, it said I had to sail at least once every three years to maintain the status and points earned.  

So by that, I interpret I must begin another cruise by October 28, 2024.

I wasn't certain what that "01-11-2024" number below my name indicated...was it my expiration date?

And if it was, was it January 11, 2024, or November 1, 2024?   

I tried calling MSC, and the agent said it was January 11.  This puzzles me, as other places on the site, use the dd/mm/year format, not mm/dd/year.   And, why wasn't it three years from my last cruise, which would have been in October of 2024?

I suppose it could be three years from when they gave me the status match, but again, that is contrary to what the fine print says about maintaining status.   The call center reps were not clear.🤷‍♂️

On 10/22/2023 at 12:07 PM, bob brown said:

My question is how do I know what my Voyagers Club actual expiration date is?

When I logged in to MSC's website, and clicked on Voyager's Club, it showed my name, the date 

01-11-2024 below that, my Club number, and my status.   

I received my status match sometime early in 2021, not sure of the exact date, but it might have been January...again, not sure.   I took my first MSC cruise from October 21 -October 28, 2021 

According to the 'fine print' on the Voyager's Club status, it said I had to sail at least once every three years to maintain the status and points earned.  

So by that, I interpret I must begin another cruise by October 28, 2024.

I wasn't certain what that "01-11-2024" number below my name indicated...was it my expiration date?

And if it was, was it January 11, 2024, or November 1, 2024?   

I tried calling MSC, and the agent said it was January 11.  This puzzles me, as other places on the site, use the dd/mm/year format, not mm/dd/year.   And, why wasn't it three years from my last cruise, which would have been in October of 2024?

I suppose it could be three years from when they gave me the status match, but again, that is contrary to what the fine print says about maintaining status.   The call center reps were not clear.🤷‍♂️

Could you please share the URL you used? I'm embarrassed to admit I can't even get that far. 🙂

I just got status matched with HHonors (Diamond) to MSC Voyager club Diamond. Took less than 6 hours.

We have an MSC Cruise coming up in 14 days out of Cape Canaveral. Is it true that I will not get any perks of the new status on this cruise, since it was booked 6 months ago? Please advise, if any one have any suggestions. Thanks