Photo diary of NCL Escape 7-day to Bermuda 5/26-6/2/2019

Hi everyone,

First time cruiser here and I'd like to thank all the posters here with trip reviews and other information that made my experience more enjoyable.  I'm not much of a writer but I do like to take a lot of photos.

Here is a link to my snapshots of the trip in chronological order.  I'm still working on filling in some of the descriptions but if you have any specific questions, don't hesitate to ask.  If your curious about what some of the common areas of the ship look like, head towards the end of the album.  The last sea day was stormy so I had some time to wander the ship and click away.

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmDYU3rQ

• Like 5

• PistolPete13 changed the title to Photo diary of NCL Escape 7-day to Bermuda 5/26-6/2/2019
35 minutes ago, sun_lovin!1 said:

Your pictures are just gorgeous! 

Did you happen to take pictures of the dailies?

Hi, I have photos of the dailies except for Friday (not sure why they weren't given out) and I'll get those scanned for you and post back here.

24 minutes ago, TPgal said:

Great photos, but I was waiting for the last day photo of the change in weight - if any.  😋

Yup, gained 5.5 lbs.  It started out as a lark to get photos of the welcome aboard lunch at O'Sheehans (thanks to those to said to go there instead of the mobbed buffet) and it just continued from there where I photographed every single thing I ate.

And yes, I was a lightweight compared to most of the folks I saw eating! 

16 hours ago, PistolPete13 said:

Hi everyone,

First time cruiser here and I'd like to thank all the posters here with trip reviews and other information that made my experience more enjoyable.  I'm not much of a writer but I do like to take a lot of photos.

Here is a link to my snapshots of the trip in chronological order.  I'm still working on filling in some of the descriptions but if you have any specific questions, don't hesitate to ask.  If your curious about what some of the common areas of the ship look like, head towards the end of the album.  The last sea day was stormy so I had some time to wander the ship and click away.

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmDYU3rQ

Sailing on Escape in September but the above link is forcing me to create an account before I can view your photos 

6 hours ago, peteukmcr said:

Sailing on Escape in September but the above link is forcing me to create an account before I can view your photos 

Flickr is making you do that?  That's really strange.  I doubt most of the other folks on this thread have accounts.  Maybe try to view on another device?  I just checked my permissions and the albums should be open to anyone...

1 hour ago, PistolPete13 said:

Flickr is making you do that?  That's really strange.  I doubt most of the other folks on this thread have accounts.  Maybe try to view on another device?  I just checked my permissions and the albums should be open to anyone...

I have an account but hadn't logged in in years! Had no problem viewing them. I only had to log in when I wanted to leave a comment.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Beardface said:

@PistolPete13 these pictures and videos are excellent, thanks!  My wife and I will be on the Encore on this same sailing a year from now, so this is giving us a really good idea on what to expect.  Looks like we picked the perfect time of year.

Yes, I lucked out with the weather on this trip.  The ocean water temps were about 75 - 78 degrees F I was told.  A bit chilly dipping your toes in but once in, you're fine.

Some video of the Shipwreck & Coral Snorkel excursion booked via NCL.  The water clarity was incredible.  The waters were a bit rough for the ride out and it got to a few of the passengers.  Be aware of this if you're prone to motion sickness.

The catamaran excursion the day before had much less motion in the boat.  it was quite a challenge to put the gear on in the rocking boat but we managed.  There is a disclaimer attached to the excursion ticket saying you should be a strong swimmer (which I'm not) for this trip.  I believe this is due to the potential for rougher waters in the location where the two wrecks are.  Just be ready for the waves to push you around a bit.