Coffee only package

Jessejo

Then you are different than many other people in the world. On another thread on here there are people saying they have multiple cards that they plan to use before the August deadline.  Do they also fall under your stupid purchase proclamation?

2 hours ago, newcruiser551951 said:

This is my first cruise on Princess and I purchased the coffee package.   I am so confused. 

I know that the specialty coffees (e.g., lattes) count as one of the 15 drinks

But do the: 

Mighty Leaf Tea

Barista Specialty Mixes 

Iced Tea Infusions

count as one of the 15 drinks? 

What is the difference between brewed coffee and coffee in the buffet or MDR?

If there is a difference and brewed is better, it is part of the 15 drinks in the package? 

What about hot chocolate? 

I know these are a bunch of questions, and I thank you in advance for trying to straighten me out on the package.

1946985021_NewGroundsCaribbeanP-Oct2018.thumb.jpeg.0260d5cc21ee3ee8bf40d2b1cf7f0afa.jpeg

I read on CC that premium (Mighty Leaf) teas and hot chocolate are included, "free" for the purchaser on the card along with the brewed coffee so it looks like those items that are 1.25 or 1.50 are included uncounted but the higher value ones are against the 15 (but can be given to others). Yes there is a difference in brewed coffee with what is served in the buffet/MDR which is prepared from syrup. Although I haven't had the brewed on Princess, it would have to be pretty bad not to be better than the Lido!

• Like 1

On 6/7/2019 at 5:07 PM, neverbeenhere said:

Share your extra specialty coffees with the third class passengers. You will feel good about yourself and they will enjoy the free sweet nectar. 

Hi:

I’m not sure if you were joking. I hope so, because if not, that is the most condescending post I have ever seen on these boards. What exactly do you consider a third class passenger? Why do you assume they can’t afford a $37 coffee card? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I thought long and hard about this one...(well not too long) 

Brother, can you spare a dime? While third class travel exists on various modes of transportation, it doesn’t exist on the modern cruise ship. 

My commentary was to the point that some are complaining that they have “punches” left on their coffee package and would rather keep complaining rather than make good use of them as I have by buying a round or two for others. The rebellion over the change in the coffee cards has been defeated. Time to move on to the Barrel-Chair Society fight. Commonly known as B. S. 

Relax...take it easy. 

• Haha 2

You insult people for complaining then tell them to relax...take it easy.  And here we all thought you could not be any more condescending.  Guess we were wrong.  By the way nothing has been defeated.

22 hours ago, newcruiser551951 said:

This is my first cruise on Princess and I purchased the coffee package.   I am so confused. 

I know that the specialty coffees (e.g., lattes) count as one of the 15 drinks

But do the: 

Mighty Leaf Tea - Unlimited with the card - these are basically just a tea bag (with milk, cream or sugar on the side) and hot water. Be forewarned that they may not have all of the flavours listed on the menu - they do run out of stuff.

Barista Specialty Mixes - Yes, these count towards the 15

Iced Tea Infusions - Yes, these count towards the 15

count as one of the 15 drinks? 

What is the difference between brewed coffee and coffee in the buffet or MDR? Brewed coffee is what you get from regular coffee shops (think Dunkin Donuts or Tim Hortons); the coffee in the buffet and MDR is made from a concentrate and isn't very good. With the coffee card, you can get regular or large sized coffees and in your choice of a ceramic cup (staying in the IC area) or a to go cup (with a lid if you like).

If there is a difference and brewed is better, it is part of the 15 drinks in the package? Brewed is much better and is unlimited with the coffee package.

What about hot chocolate? 

I know these are a bunch of questions, and I thank you in advance for trying to straighten me out on the package.

My answers are in red above.

We found the coffee package to be well worth it - I loved the iced vanilla lattes and the iced tea infusions, where my dad just drinks regular coffee. With this package, we were both happy.

• Like 2

Meatloafsfan, I had the same questions, thanks so much for the very helpful response.  Guess if I add an extra shot of espresso to my large cappuccino it would could as two (but makes for a great start to the morning), will find out next week on Coral!

Thanks all for all your comments.  I started this thread because I’d gotten a sales pitch from Princess about the $19+ per day for coffee, tea, sodas, orange juice, etc. and just wanted to know if the coffee only card was still available.  I have several punches left on my last card and had already heard that it was still good until August.  My son had planned to buy a card.  Were sailing on the Regal in mid July.

Edited by Jessejo
  • Like 1

On 6/9/2019 at 3:01 PM, crystalspin said:

1946985021_NewGroundsCaribbeanP-Oct2018.thumb.jpeg.0260d5cc21ee3ee8bf40d2b1cf7f0afa.jpeg

Thank you for the pic. I have a short cruise (Royal Princess Cabo San Lucas Getaway) and was wondering if I should bring a bottle of wine & buy 5 lg lattes / 5 lg cocoas OR trade mini bar for coffee program & bring a bottle. You pic settled that. THANK YOU!!!

Screenshot_20190611-121010_Chrome.jpg

Thanks Meatloafsfann and Crystalspin for the coffee info.  Do either of you know if they will fill a, say, 20 oz. Yeti cup with the brewed coffee's or regular teas or would I need to get them in a to go cup and just dump them in my own cup. Going on the land and sea tour on the Island Princess starting in 8 days and I bought the coffee "card" plus I have 6 punches left from an old card. I think I might take the advise of asking for a receipt each time, although I did see where the charge is supposed to go on the daily account with a credit showing after. Also how is tipping handled with these purchases, do you tip?  We'll see how this works.. 😊

Karen 😎 

1 hour ago, cruise crazy64 said:

Do either of you know if they will fill a, say, 20 oz. Yeti cup with the brewed coffee's or regular teas or would I need to get them in a to go cup and just dump them in my own cup.... Also how is tipping handled with these purchases, do you tip?  We'll see how this works.. 😊

Karen 😎 

Hi Karen, I don't know about the Yeti cup but it seems it would work as brewed coffee is unlimited. The gratuities were paid when you bought the coffee plan or card. You can always reward a particularly cheerful or helpful barista with a cash tip on the spot or near the end of the cruise!

On 6/10/2019 at 3:57 PM, helo driver said:

Meatloafsfan, I had the same questions, thanks so much for the very helpful response.  Guess if I add an extra shot of espresso to my large cappuccino it would could as two (but makes for a great start to the morning), will find out next week on Coral!

Maybe it depends on the particular barista but we have never had extra punches taken for a double shot.

11 hours ago, Iwantsun said:

I have read the entire thread and looked at the photos (thx for posting them) but I cannot see if they have decaf available for the cappuccino and latte.  Would anyone know?

Yes, they have decaf coffee beans that they grind for the lattes, cappuccinos, etc. The decaf drinks are delicious as well.

On ‎6‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 10:25 PM, cruise crazy64 said:

Thanks Meatloafsfann and Crystalspin for the coffee info.  Do either of you know if they will fill a, say, 20 oz. Yeti cup with the brewed coffee's or regular teas or would I need to get them in a to go cup and just dump them in my own cup. Going on the land and sea tour on the Island Princess starting in 8 days and I bought the coffee "card" plus I have 6 punches left from an old card. I think I might take the advise of asking for a receipt each time, although I did see where the charge is supposed to go on the daily account with a credit showing after. Also how is tipping handled with these purchases, do you tip?  We'll see how this works.. 😊

Karen 😎 

Yes, they will fill your personal cup.

Tipping is included in the purchase of the coffee card. We usually tip an extra dollar on 2 beverages (our personal choice).

It's easy enough to ask anytime how many punches are left. We did it every couple of days.

I have a different coffee package question.  If I'm on a b2b, will I still be able to get the remainder of the included 15 specialty coffees on the second voyage?  I would assume that the free regular brew would not be included.  

21 hours ago, tere247 said:

I have a different coffee package question.  If I'm on a b2b, will I still be able to get the remainder of the included 15 specialty coffees on the second voyage?  I would assume that the free regular brew would not be included.  

Good question that I will bump up because I also would like to hear some answers. 

12 minutes ago, drjpreston said:

Good question that I will bump up because I also would like to hear some answers. 

not an answer ... and no first hand experience ... but aren't the regular brew and the 15 specials tied together for the same time frame ??

why would one be 'shut off' but the other continued ?  ... but ... why ask why on Princess, huh