Suite, Elite Mini-Bar Question

Crazy4Cruz'n

In July we will be traveling in a Suite for the first time.  We will also be 'Elite' for the first time.  My question is: since being Elite gets you a free mini-bar set-up and so does traveling in a Suite, will we receive TWO free mini-bar set-ups during our cruise?

Edited by Crazy4Cruz'n

You get one minibar for being in a Full Suite.

You get one minibar if one or more persons in the cabin are Elite.

Those are considered two separate perks.

So yes you will get a total of two. 

But unfortunately not three if you are both Elite.

Yes, but you may need to remind them. We traded our second setup for coffee cards when we had a suite in December 2017--back when they still had physical cards. I'll be using up the last of the punches starting next week. If we ever have another suite, we'll probably trade one setup for a bottle of wine.

1 hour ago, MSW117SL said:

We will be in a suite this summer for the first time. What is in the minibar setup?  

two (2) miniature bottles each of Cognac, Gin, Vodka and Scotch Whisky, two (2) 12 ounce cans of beer, two (2) 12 ounce cans/bottles of tonic water, two (2) 12 ounce cans of Coca Cola, two (2) 12 ounce cans of Sprite, two (2) 0.5 liter bottles of water, two (2) 11 ounce bottles of Perrier.

On my last few cruises in suites, they generally only delivered one minibar at the beginning of the cruise. You needed to call Room Service to order the other one. That's generally not a problem, since you need to call Room Service anyway to trade items in your minibar for other items.

On one recent 14-night cruise in a suite, the cruise was also sold as two 7-day cruises - so we received four minibars for the two weeks.

On 6/14/2019 at 8:52 PM, Coffeeluvr05 said:

two (2) miniature bottles each of Cognac, Gin, Vodka and Scotch Whisky, two (2) 12 ounce cans of beer, two (2) 12 ounce cans/bottles of tonic water, two (2) 12 ounce cans of Coca Cola, two (2) 12 ounce cans of Sprite, two (2) 0.5 liter bottles of water, two (2) 11 ounce bottles of Perrier.

If you trade these in for something else do you have to trade all of them or can you pick and choose?  Do they assign a price to each item prior to the trade to help you decide if a trade is of value or how does it work?

You can trade like for like, or for items of lesser value, i.e. spirits for spirits, spirits for beer, and any alcohol or soda cans for other soda cans, mix and match, pick and choose.  Or trade the whole thing for a bottle of wine.

Recently they weren't putting tonic water in.  Instead we got 4 Coke Zeros and 2 Sprites.   

32 minutes ago, Ferd Berfle said:

Recently they weren't putting tonic water in.  Instead we got 4 Coke Zeros and 2 Sprites.   

Great. They give you Gin and Vodka but no tonic. As for the other stuff: Who in hell wants Coke Zero? I'd rather they gave me Jolt.

5 hours ago, Thrak said:

Great. They give you Gin and Vodka but no tonic. As for the other stuff: Who in hell wants Coke Zero? I'd rather they gave me Jolt.

We got tonic water last week.

We are suite Elite, and we did a b2b cruise last year - we had more mini bar's and drinks we knew what to do with! They kept on coming, I think I could have set up my own bar by the pool and made a small fortune 🙂

12 hours ago, Ferd Berfle said:

You can trade like for like, or for items of lesser value, i.e. spirits for spirits, spirits for beer, and any alcohol or soda cans for other soda cans, mix and match, pick and choose.  Or trade the whole thing for a bottle of wine.

If we trade all the spirits in for beer, does anyone know how many bottles/cans of beer we would get?  My 84 year old mother likes to have a beer in the evening. She says it helps her sleep!  Thanks for any info.

12 hours ago, Thrak said:

Last February on 28 days of back to back cruises we always got tonic in our mini bar setups.  And I sure as hell would prefer Coke Zero rather than nasty tasting Diet Coke.  Coke Zero goes very well with my Gentleman Jack whiskey.

58 minutes ago, nukesubsailor said:

Last February on 28 days of back to back cruises we always got tonic in our mini bar setups.  And I sure as hell would prefer Coke Zero rather than nasty tasting Diet Coke.  Coke Zero goes very well with my Gentleman Jack whiskey.

Ahhh... Now I see. A mixer. I don't mix my whiskey. Sometimes I'll allow a small bit of ice but I like my whiskey to be whiskey. It's why I am appalled by the room service choice for Scotch. It's stuff that is not really palatable unless it's mixed with something. Gentleman Jack would suit me fine either neat or with a single ice cube. (I won't speculate as to where you get the Gentleman Jack for your cabin. 🥃)

19 hours ago, Crazy4Cruz'n said:

If you trade these in for something else do you have to trade all of them or can you pick and choose?  Do they assign a price to each item prior to the trade to help you decide if a trade is of value or how does it work?

You get to choose what you trade in and what you get for it.

They do provide a price list in case you want to purchase additional items, since they do not replenish the mini-bar for free. However the price does not affect what you can trade for. The trade is by type - not by price.

17 hours ago, Ferd Berfle said:

You can trade alcohol for any alcohol or non-alcohol, and you can trade non-alcohol for any non-alcohol only. I have never had any problem trading all my alcohol, including beer, for cognac.

5 hours ago, Crazy4Cruz'n said:

If we trade all the spirits in for beer, does anyone know how many bottles/cans of beer we would get?  My 84 year old mother likes to have a beer in the evening. She says it helps her sleep!  Thanks for any info.

You get one bottle of alcohol for each beer, or one beer for each bottle of alcohol.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Thrak said:

Ahhh... Now I see. A mixer. I don't mix my whiskey. Sometimes I'll allow a small bit of ice but I like my whiskey to be whiskey. It's why I am appalled by the room service choice for Scotch. It's stuff that is not really palatable unless it's mixed with something. Gentleman Jack would suit me fine either neat or with a single ice cube. (I won't speculate as to where you get the Gentleman Jack for your cabin. 🥃)

As Michaleen Oge Flynn (Barry Fitzgerald) replied in The Quiet Man (1952) when Mary Kate Danaher (Maureen O'Hara) asked "Could you use a little water in your whiskey?":  "When I drink whiskey, I drink whiskey, and when I drink water, I drink water."

39 minutes ago, NavyVeteran said:

As Michaleen Oge Flynn (Barry Fitzgerald) replied in The Quiet Man (1952) when Mary Kate Danaher (Maureen O'Hara) asked "Could you use a little water in your whiskey?":  "When I drink whiskey, I drink whiskey, and when I drink water, I drink water."

A wise man. One of my son's showed up with a Father's Day card and a bottle of Glenlivet 15. Ahhh... I love that stuff. I like the 15 even better than the 18. Not that I get it often but, when I do, I truly appreciate and savor the stuff. It's perfect just as it is.

Of course now I feel tempted to pull The Quiet Man out of the cupboard and watch it.

• Like 1