Edge question...?

dis2cruise

1 minute ago, dis2cruise said:

Aqua 1

9237 & 9239

They are infinite verandas and are not able to be connected. I see that you moved to the bump out. Nice location! Enjoy your cruise with your mom!  The spa Thermal Suites are amazing and complimentary for you.

dis2cruise, I imagine you have done some research about the infinite verandas not being traditional verandas, but if you want more info (pros and cons, pictures, etc.), this thread may help. Please feel free to ask questions. 🙂

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, WestLakeGirl said:

I hope you don’t expect a verandah.  You don’t have one.  These are really just staterooms with windows that open.  

If I can lean out into the fresh air, I consider it a balcony...

More and more, I want to try The Edge/Apex IV, due to your comments, I take it you have, and didn’t like it. 

Edited by PTC DAWG
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks everyone for all your answers...

Actually I’m fine we’re we are even the balcony!

As long as I can sit out side open the window and get some air

I’m a happy girl.   It’s just a shame we can’t open the outside to the next cabin, oh well.  

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, dis2cruise said:

I’m a happy girl.   It’s just a shame we can’t open the outside to the next cabin, oh well.  

The bump out location  is a plus!

22 minutes ago, dis2cruise said:

I never saw or heard my neighbors, but I would bet that you can chat at your open windows. 🙂

image.thumb.png.9373697a507cfd4d92ec16aedb0a44af.png

23 minutes ago, WestLakeGirl said:

If that’s a balcony, then our house has 32 balconies.

our real estate agent disagrees

You really need to replace your real estate agent.  The IV is a balcony cabin.  Try it, you will like it!  

Edited by Globehoppers

And so the argument continues.  We found this to be a room with a window that opens (when the ship’s Captain allows it) and when it opens, the room air condtioning system turns off.  .  It couldn’t be used for drying off a wet bathing suit.  It couldn’t be used by one early-rising partner going out to read while the other partner slept in darkness.  It couldn’t be used for our traditional breakfast on the verandah because the table was too small.  It just didn’t give the verandah experience

9 minutes ago, WestLakeGirl said:

And so the argument continues.  We found this to be a room with a window that opens (when the ship’s Captain allows it) and when it opens, the room air conditioning system turns off.  .  It couldn’t be used for drying off a wet bathing suit.  It couldn’t be used by one early-rising partner going out to read while the other partner slept in darkness.  It couldn’t be used for our traditional breakfast on the verandah because the table was too small.  It just didn’t give the verandah experience

I'm not sure why there needs to be an argument here.  Sounds like the IV wasn't for you, so probably best you not book one in the future.  Others have enjoyed them - the extra room, the added privacy,  the ability to relax in the shade, etc.   Sounds like there are a bunch of positives and negatives and specific things will outweigh others for everyone.  Different strokes for different folks.  🙂

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Argument, not as in anger,  but  as in presentation of facts that support one side of an issue.  The IV rooms are problematic, and they were  especially disappointing (and an expensiv disappointment at that) to those who booked prior to the ship’s release, and who feel like ww were sold something Celebrity did not deliver.  Calling them verandah rooms verges on deceitful.

Edited by WestLakeGirl
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, WestLakeGirl said:

And so the argument continues.  We found this to be a room with a window that opens (when the ship’s Captain allows it) and when it opens, the room air condtioning system turns off.  .  It couldn’t be used for drying off a wet bathing suit.  It couldn’t be used by one early-rising partner going out to read while the other partner slept in darkness.  It couldn’t be used for our traditional breakfast on the verandah because the table was too small.  It just didn’t give the verandah experience

I appreciate the comments from someone who as actually sailed in one...excellent points.  The darkness thing doesn't bother my Wife and myself at all, if we are in the room, the curtains are never closed.  

Edited by PTC DAWG

Dis2cruise didn’t ask whether they should book one or not - just asked about the cabins connecting. That is answered and now they can plan accordingly. They sound like they’ve done the research and are excited to sail on the Edge in an IV with mom - I certainly wouldn’t try to ruin their excitement when the decision has been made. So many of us have loved sailing on the Edge and enjoyed the IVs despite their issues - I hope the same for them.  I truly hope the OP and mom have an amazing cruise! 😊

Edited by vtcruising
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

Dis2cruise didn’t ask whether they should book one or not - just asked about the cabins connecting. That is answered and now they can plan accordingly. They sound like they’ve done the research and are excited to sail on the Edge in an IV with mom - I certainly wouldn’t try to ruin their excitement when the decision has been made. So many of us have loved sailing on the Edge and enjoyed the IVs despite their issues - I hope the same for them.  I truly hope the OP and mom have an amazing cruise! 😊

Agree...but I do like seeing the comments from people that have cruised in the IV's...not just naysayers who haven't set foot in the cabins.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Just say no to the IV balconies.  It was a good idea that was poorly executed.  Hopefully they will improve them when they get to the Jumbo Edge.

I said yes to an IV and totally enjoyed the experience. I like variety and new things. Work just fine for us. Like my Mother always said..."that's why they make chocolate and vanilla".   😎

Edited by Floater4life
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1