How does Chops Grill work ?

I can pay $50 per person.  Then do I order what I want?  Can I order steak and shrimp/lobster?  Can I order 2 appetizers like in the MDR?  2 desserts?  What if I don't like it, can I order something else? 

We've never done any specialty restaurants before so I'd like to know what I'm doing before we just show up at our reservation time?

Thanks for any and all information.  85 days, but I'm not counting 🤩

6 hours ago, Annicruise2014 said:

I can pay $50 per person.  Then do I order what I want?  Can I order steak and shrimp/lobster?  Can I order 2 appetizers like in the MDR?  2 desserts?  What if I don't like it, can I order something else? 

We've never done any specialty restaurants before so I'd like to know what I'm doing before we just show up at our reservation time?

Thanks for any and all information.  85 days, but I'm not counting 🤩

Lobster is an upcharge item.   If you go on the second formal night though you can get the same lobster tails they are serving in the MDR to go with your steak.  

2 minutes ago, El turista said:

What would be the upcharge for a second entrée? Same upcharge in both lunch and dinner?

I've seen $10 per extra dinner entree reported a number of times. Don't know about lunch. 

• Like 1

wanted to try the lamb so we were requesting a small portion if possible.  Waiter said it’s normally a $20 charge for second entree but he would waive the fee for us.  He repeated this multiple times & it was pretty clear he expected to see that $20 reflected in his tip.   Btw DW liked the lamb better than the filet.

The best way to try more than one entrée is to order "with" your dining companion.    

I am totally full after an appetizer, salad and entrée.  But if you want extra appetizers, soup, salad, and dessert, go for it.

17 hours ago, KansCocoa said:

We are usually so stuffed from our appetizers and entree, that we routinely ask for our dessert to go - it’s delicious later at night in our cabin! 🙂

How is dessert to go packaged?

17 hours ago, KansCocoa said:

We are usually so stuffed from our appetizers and entree, that we routinely ask for our dessert to go - it’s delicious later at night in our cabin! 🙂

Great idea. I would never have thought of doing that but I will be sure to remember for next time. 

8 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

The best way to try more than one entrée is to order "with" your dining companion.    

I am totally full after an appetizer, salad and entrée.  But if you want extra appetizers, soup, salad, and dessert, go for it.

we do the same thing.. with appetizers and dessert too( I get either a soup,  salad or an app, not multiple ).  and more than once the waiter has brought out something extra we didn't even order.