Car and Driver To Heathrow?

tv24

We are arriving at Southampton Sept. 22 and will need to continue on to Heathrow for a flight late in the afternoon.  I wonder if Cunard typically has a car-and-driver option available to purchase on board the QM2.  We did this on the Queen Victoria when we disembarked in Sydney in February.  It was expensive, but it was an excellent use of our excess OBC.  And it made the transition to the Sydney Airport a total breeze.  Thanks in advance for your kind advice and experience,

Here is a scan of a "Southampton Private Transfers" booking form obtained from the tour office on board QM2. I can't say for sure if it is from my most recent crossing a couple months ago, but I think it is reasonably up-to-date.

image.thumb.png.f0544bbf1307a036e65e5f10c5062fac.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Solent Richard said:

Shame I'm otherwise occupied that day tv24, it would have been a pleasure for the price of a tank of petrol.

I ‘d love to buy you a drink when we arrive in Southampton in August 2020. You are always so supportive, knowledgeable, and positive. Thank you.

• Like 1

The on board prices are a rip off to say the least.  I just did a quick google search and you can get the equivalent of a large sedan for £90 / $115 - That's over 60% less than the Cunard charge!

4 hours ago, Solent Richard said:

Shame I'm otherwise occupied that day tv24, it would have been a pleasure for the price of a tank of petrol.

Just as well, Richard, as you know I don't leave big tips!

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies, everyone.  And thanks, especially, to Bluemarble for the price list.  Yes, as I expected, the Cunard prices are much higher than a car service hired on our own.  But we will have the tragic problem of trying to us our generous OBC, so unless I buy some bling  on board (also probably overpriced), this would be a good use of our OBC.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Underwatr said:

We've used Smith's for Airports, a local Southampton firm. Their private car price is roughly the same as a Cunard coach transfer for two.

In that case, give my suggestion a try. The owner is ex-Smiths and supplies limos for the same price as a standard saloon.

20 hours ago, Se1lad said:

The on board prices are a rip off to say the least.  I just did a quick google search and you can get the equivalent of a large sedan for £90 / $115 - That's over 60% less than the Cunard charge!

We used Smiths For Airports going the other way (i.e. Heathrow to Southampton) and it was £67. c.f. £240 that Cunard are charging.

They were very good, I booked them after recommendations on here.

20 hours ago, ToadOfToadHall said:

We used Smiths For Airports going the other way (i.e. Heathrow to Southampton) and it was £67. c.f. £240 that Cunard are charging.

They were very good, I booked them after recommendations on here.

Roughly a £1 per mile. That's very good.

The same 'rate' we pay from lee on the Solent.

On 6/25/2019 at 2:47 PM, Tonopah said:

I ‘d love to buy you a drink when we arrive in Southampton in August 2020. You are always so supportive, knowledgeable, and positive. Thank you.

Thank you most kindly for your comment.

It would be good to meet up.

You can of course contact me though my Cruise Blog 'comment ' facility ( It's not auto-published) or of course on facebook where I go under the same name.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Solent Richard said:

Roughly a £1 per mile. That's very good.

The same 'rate' we pay from lee on the Solent.

Because we were sailing from Southampton but flying back to Heathrow, we left the car at the Meet and Great at the airport, then the taxi the day before, so we could then have the car ready to go as soon as we we landed back at Heathrow.

Plus I looked up the train and it was more expensive and then of course you still need a taxi from the station to the hotel as well.

It worked out really well.

7 hours ago, Germancruiser said:

I also use Southcoast Chauffeurs  - very realiable and very efficent- great cars! Just be aware they charge for paying with credit card! So rather do it in cash!

It's not legal to charge to use a credit card in the UK now so you should be ok to use credit cards now.