Looks like the Oasis DL is going to be cabins, Not wonderland

1 minute ago, LMaxwell said:

Allure, and couple hours cumulative I guess over the course of a week.  Would have been more if they would have unlocked the lounge chairs they had stacked up 

I imagine it would have gotten more use if you could access via Solarium. But if it was intended to be an AO feature like @steamboats mentioned, I can understand why it doesn't 

On 6/29/2019 at 9:17 AM, 1992cruiser said:

Pretty sure they will start combining age groups.  I know I read that they will test it on Mariner and navigator first, not sure if that has already started.  When I first read about Royal trying to combine AO into one large group, I didn’t think it was to get more cabins in the area....should’ve known better. 

My family is way past AO now, youngest is a teen, but when she was younger and we did Disney, she didn't like their kids club as much as AO. At that point she was a very experienced cruiser, and usually getting her out of camp was a struggle, but on Disney she never really wanted to go...too many kids of all ages, 3-11 all combined, it was a madhouse, so I didn't really blame her.  I do understand combining some of the age groups when numbers are low, but that didn't happen with Disney, it was always the crazy free for all.

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Exactly.  

I would guess that 90% of passengers don’t even know about that area on deck 14 and the few that stumble upon it stay less than 5 minutes and don’t return.  

The loss of that space doesn’t bother me in the least it’s the adding of more guests to the ship that’s the real issue. 

I would speculate that the itinerary plays a great part in whether or not you are aware of that Deck 14 space. When I sailed on Allure's Eastbound TA prior to dry dock, there was an announcement regarding that Deck 14 space being the best view for the approach and going through the strait of Gibraltar. The space was packed liked such decks can be for a glacier viewing. If the itineraries for Oasis are such that the use of an outdoor forward facing deck isn't of benefit, well... And the solarium doesn't quite replace this view as it is behind glass and age restricted. 

5 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I was thinking the same thing. 

They're going to replace the windows that are all fogged over with a solid wall. They're going to start repelling lessons from the top...the cabins are going to be subject to the bounce bounce bounce sound of footsteps hitting the wall as people repel down.😉

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Anita Latte said:

They're going to replace the windows that are all fogged over with a solid wall. They're going to start repelling lessons from the top...the cabins are going to be subject to the bounce bounce bounce sound of footsteps hitting the wall as people repel down.😉

Nice idea

26 minutes ago, Anita Latte said:

I like it!

They need to redesign the BW balconies to look like fire escapes. And change the CP balconies into those indoor outdoor things on Celebrity Edge.

Wasn't there a thread about customer wishes prior to the first Oasis drydock🤔

Edited by John&LaLa

2 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I wouldn’t classify the DL as “public “ space. It’s restricted to whom may enter. 

He may be referring to AO and deck 14 sundeck.

But I'd hate 'quote' him on that. 😇

Edited by John&LaLa

22 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I wouldn’t classify the DL as “public “ space. It’s restricted to whom may enter. 

I agree, not a public space, but still a space that consumed a significant number of guests for several hours each evening, and now those guests will be elsewhere, so the loss contributes to the increase in guests at other venues.

• Like 1

On 6/28/2019 at 8:57 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

I already switch my 2 interior cabins for Christmas 2020 to 12916 and 12920.  I’m hoping they kept the windows 

I haven't been able to find a sailing that it lists those cabins as available to book.  Are they all gone, or are they not available to book on some sailings?

18 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I haven't been able to find a sailing that it lists those cabins as available to book.  Are they all gone, or are they not available to book on some sailings?

Its only the 2 cabins on deck 12 that are a category 4V that are available to book. They haven't released the others. I'm thinking they will be a new category

12916 and 12920 

3 hours ago, OfTheSeasCruiser said:

Yes they do. If you compare the before and after plans, they extend all the way out past the bridge wings. Cabin 14538 is a good reference point to compare location.

They use the exisiting open deck and the wing bridges plus parts of Adventure Ocean. But the cabins don´t extend over the existing deck.

steamboats

3 hours ago, CruiseKeeper said:

Have been on 3 Quantum class ships most recently last month.  The music hall takes up 2 floors and the upper floor does have windows.  

You´re correct! The upper floor has windows where the bar is located. The lower level has no windows where the stage is.

steamboats

3 hours ago, OfTheSeasCruiser said:

I notice a library has been added to Central Park.

Good catch! The Photo Studio is moving... to deck 6 next to the photo shop Focus  where it´s located on Harmony/Symphony.

steamboats

3 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Why do you think that they would block off the windows in the same space.🤔

For the same reason they build in interior cabins in the DL... Hey, the people could be distracted from buying drinks looking out of the large windows!

steamboats

3 minutes ago, steamboats said:

For the same reason they build in interior cabins in the DL... Hey, the people could be distracted from buying drinks looking out of the large windows!

steamboats

Well, I won't dispute that limited distraction could be a positive (in Royal's mind) side effect. I think the bigger motivation is to cut down on non-profit space, and find of of the smallest, most out of the way place on the ship to stick the DL.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, steamboats said:

They use the exisiting open deck and the wing bridges plus parts of Adventure Ocean. But the cabins don´t extend over the existing deck.

steamboats

Okay, so we agree. I was referring to them extending the existing *enclosed* structure to include the existing deck 14 sun deck. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OfTheSeasCruiser said:

Okay, so we agree. I was referring to them extending the existing *enclosed* structure to include the existing deck 14 sun deck. 

I thought you were right the first time.  It certainly does appear that the new cabins do in fact go beyond the existing structure of the deck 14 sundeck.

C7900C46-EA51-45CE-A5B5-BA4488AF8167.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OfTheSeasCruiser said:

The question is what goes above the cabins. Thst used to be open air. Think of the added cabins to Deck 12 on Freedom.  St Tropez deck tripled. 

So there is more public space, and probably easier to access from Solarium. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I thought you were right the first time.  It certainly does appear that the new cabins do in fact go beyond the existing structure of the deck 14 sundeck.

C7900C46-EA51-45CE-A5B5-BA4488AF8167.png

Right, the new structure extends to the forward edge of the sun deck. 

8 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

The question is what goes above the cabins. Thst used to be open air. Think of the added cabins to Deck 12 on Freedom.  St Tropez deck tripled. 

So there is more public space, and probably easier to access from Solarium. 

Exactly, that’s what I am thinking, and brought up the possibility earlier. The press release does mention a “refreshed solarium”.

11 minutes ago, OfTheSeasCruiser said:

Right, the new structure extends to the forward edge of the sun deck. 

Exactly, that’s what I am thinking, and brought up the possibility earlier. The press release does mention a “refreshed solarium”.

It didnt mention extra cabins either🤣

• Like 1