Hopeful to be on Horizon today! Snafu 😩

lensonlife

Was supposed to be in Fort Lauderdale last night, but our Jet Blue flights out of Worcester- ORH were significantly delayed. At check in, it was reported to us that there was no guarantee the flight would not be canceled with zero other flights to grab out of that airport. So Jet Blue paid for all six of us to get to Boston via Lyft where we paid for two rooms at the Hilton. They said they will reimburse us for all expenses incurred from last night- which will be good because the Hampton North in Fort Lauderdale would not waive the room fees due to lack of 24 hours notice. I won’t even begin to list the number of things that have gone wrong in the final days and weeks of this trip (not necessarily related to the trip itself). We so need a physical and emotional reprieve. And will not ever book a family vacation again without insurance. Ever! Our flight out of Boston at 6:45 is on time (knock on wood). We were planning on buying wine and soda last night at the plaza near the Hampton. Now it looks like we’ll be building a stop into an UBER for wine. I’ve read that we should plan to tip our driver WELL for this. I do tip generously as it is, but what would be considered a good tip for a quick stop for wine? And any recommendations on where to stop? Also, I prefer a red- is it too hot to drink a red on deck at night? 

Wide awake in Boston 🥴

Edited by lensonlife

There are a few Publix and Walgeens along the way.  I would tip an additional $5-$10, but that’s just me.

As for the temperatures on deck at night, there is always a nice, cool breeze, so you should be just fine.  However, not sure they will allow glass bottles on deck. Glass breaks, people walking barefoot, not a good combination.

Good luck traveling.  Let us know if you make it.

5 hours ago, lensonlife said:

Was supposed to be in Fort Lauderdale last night, but our Jet Blue flights out of Worcester- ORH were significantly delayed. At check in, it was reported to us that there was no guarantee the flight would not be canceled with zero other flights to grab out of that airport. So Jet Blue paid for all six of us to get to Boston via Lyft where we paid for two rooms at the Hilton. They said they will reimburse us for all expenses incurred from last night- which will be good because the Hampton North in Fort Lauderdale would not waive the room fees due to lack of 24 hours notice. I won’t even begin to list the number of things that have gone wrong in the final days and weeks of this trip (not necessarily related to the trip itself). We so need a physical and emotional reprieve. And will not ever book a family vacation again without insurance. Ever! Our flight out of Boston at 6:45 is on time (knock on wood). We were planning on buying wine and soda last night at the plaza near the Hampton. Now it looks like we’ll be building a stop into an UBER for wine. I’ve read that we should plan to tip our driver WELL for this. I do tip generously as it is, but what would be considered a good tip for a quick stop for wine? And any recommendations on where to stop? Also, I prefer a red- is it too hot to drink a red on deck at night? 

Wide awake in Boston 🥴

I am so sorry for your delay! I feel you, Worcester is a pretty small airport, surprised JetBlue still flies there. I love JetBlue, and for this reason! They are courteous and will reimburse you for whatever faults they bestow upon you. As others have mentioned. there is a Publix on Griffin Rd, but don't even get me started with my encounter with them. In Miami, there are plenty of Publixes and other markets on the way to the port. I believe in you and JetBlue, you will make it and enjoy your vacation!

6 hours ago, lensonlife said:

Wide awake in Boston 🥴

We love to fly out of Worcester because how small, quick to get in, and cheap parking.  but during our last trip we learned that Worcester can be a tricky airport if you have a time limit. A couple people on our flight let us know because of where the airport  located sometime planes cannot land or have to approach from a different side. This happen to us on our way home, we started to descent and quickly had to regain attitude and come from the other side. I thought after them putting in the  CAT III system thing would change. Good Luck, hope everything works out. We now fly out of Bradley or Logan for a cruise but still will use Worcester if we have a couple days extra to use. 

So sorry for your delay hope you made it on time. We live in Worcester but never fly out of Worcester for this very reason. We use Logan . Book a shared van ride cost about $80 each way for the two of us. But we picked up at your door. Driven to Logan and returned to our door. Nice quick and easy.