Navigator 6/24-6/28 “We Came to Dance” Trip Report

5 hours ago, Getting out there said:

Looking forward to more. Hope you got a great group rate.

Well, it’s actually a little odd.  We pay a little more because of liability insurance with our kids performing.    It’s ok though, the experience was worth every penny.

Thanks for your review! Sounds like you had a great time!

I especially loved the pictures of your dancers! I’d have gone to see their show if I’d been sailing with you! 😀 

I also appreciated your pictures of Coco Cay. I’m not sure when we will get back there, so I enjoy seeing what’s changed there through pictures.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, perfect match said:

Thanks for your review! Sounds like you had a great time!

I especially loved the pictures of your dancers! I’d have gone to see their show if I’d been sailing with you! 😀 

I also appreciated your pictures of Coco Cay. I’m not sure when we will get back there, so I enjoy seeing what’s changed there through pictures.

Thank you!

CocoCay really is beautiful.    It also didn’t really feel crowded.  Majesty of the Seas was there as well.  

Loved your review! I am a former dancer and we did a similar cruise and performed with our dance studio when I was younger. (2005 on Empress) Such a great memory! I’m doing this itinerary in September. Do you know what time the skating shows were the first evening? I know you mentioned not making the first one, we also have early dinner seating so just trying to think ahead. Thanks so much! 🙂

1 hour ago, NewlyMrs.Kilday said:

Loved your review! I am a former dancer and we did a similar cruise and performed with our dance studio when I was younger. (2005 on Empress) Such a great memory! I’m doing this itinerary in September. Do you know what time the skating shows were the first evening? I know you mentioned not making the first one, we also have early dinner seating so just trying to think ahead. Thanks so much! 🙂

Hi!  Thanks!

i believe the iSkate shows were at 7:30 and 9:30 (or 9:15) on day 1.  They repeated it again on the sea day at 2:00.  (Our dance performance was at 2:30 though, or I think I may have gone to see it again)

On 7/2/2019 at 10:05 AM, ShillyShally said:

Great review and love the photos - especially those around the ship with your daughter in her pointes!  🙂  I would have come to see the show too, thank you so much for sharing!

Thank you so much!  I hope the passengers that came enjoyed it!

On 7/1/2019 at 5:23 PM, DancerMama25 said:

iSkate was fantastic!  I think it was my favorite main show on the ship.   I loved the drones at the beginning, although their purpose didn’t really tie into the skating, they were cool.  Very, very entertaining and worth seeing!!  

I have to agree with you on iSkate.  It was a blast with both older and newer songs.   It is a brand new show that debuted after the drydock.  The skaters have practiced the new show for months on land before performing it on the Navigator.

Here is my video showing part of the show for those interested.

15 minutes ago, maggieq said:

Thanks for your review. The navigator was our first Rccl ship and we loved it.  Do you know if they offer the ice show on the 3 night and 4 night cruises?

thanks!

Yes!!  Twice on the first night (I believe 7:30 and 9:30) and once on the 4th day (sea day) at 2:00 pm.

13 minutes ago, island284 said:

The app isn’t always accurate. The Cruise Compass is the most reliable source. 

True, but you don't get the Compass till you board. For general planning pre-cruise, the app is usually good enough.

Great review. DD21 did competitive dance forever, including 2 years on the UK Dance team before deciding that she had enough.  Her studio did a couple of similar Carnival cruises with a performance but we never did one of those cruises (maybe if it had been Royal 😀).  We made great friends with other dance parents and still hang out with them, even though all of our daughters are no longer dancing.  The second thing they must teach all dancers (after first position) is how to pose for photos with one hand on your hip and your knee slightly raised.  Point a camera at a pack of dancers and they all automatically assume the position.

• 1 month later...