Equinox Observations -Good to Odd

rolloman

49 minutes ago, rattanchair said:

I have learned, for example, to avoid RCCL suite class due to NSPP (Non-Suite Pinnacle Passengers) that are allowed to use suite venues and intimidate staff to the detriment of suite paying guests.

You probably should probably take that complaint with a grain of salt. As a Suite Class cruiser on Royal, we've never experienced any issues with Pinnacles (suite or non-suite) dominating any venues.

2 minutes ago, Big_G said:

You probably should probably take that complaint with a grain of salt. As a Suite Class cruiser on Royal, we've never experienced any issues with Pinnacles (suite or non-suite) dominating any venues.

Dear Big, Lucky you.  We experienced it while on board the Allure in an OS in June 2018. We had a standing reservation for the Coastal Kitchen for 6:15 dinner every evening. One evening the host said there would be a 15 minute wait. Had there been no NSPP allowed in the Coastal Kitchen we would have been accommodated immediately. I am not paying a premium to be treated as a lower class passenger. I came home and cancelled our cruise on the Symphony  RS and replaced it with the Equinox CS.  Lost $500 in non-refundable deposit , so be it!  I am not a gambler, I will not take another cruise on RCCL until they find another venue for NSPP.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rattanchair said:

Dear Big, Lucky you.  We experienced it while on board the Allure in an OS in June 2018. We had a standing reservation for the Coastal Kitchen for 6:15 dinner every evening. One evening the host said there would be a 15 minute wait. Had there been no NSPP allowed in the Coastal Kitchen we would have been accommodated immediately. I am not paying a premium to be treated as a lower class passenger. I came home and cancelled our cruise on the Symphony  RS and replaced it with the Equinox CS.  Lost $500 in non-refundable deposit , so be it!  I am not a gambler, I will not take another cruise on RCCL until they find another venue for NSPP.

Sorry you had to wait 15 minutes for dinner. If that's all it takes then OK then. Happy cruising.

3 minutes ago, Big_G said:

Sorry you had to wait 15 minutes for dinner. If that's all it takes then OK then. Happy cruising.

I mean, right?  

And, having sailed several times in the NCL Haven on three different NCL ships, we have never been encouraged to not use the Haven restaurant.  That's what it's there for.  

4 minutes ago, Big_G said:

Dear Big, Let us say for arguments sake you are going to Disney World and you pay extra to be close to the fireworks display and when you get there a bunch of Disney 'Pinnacles' are allowed into your limited viewing space, crowding you out. The space was only designed for so many 'paying' customers. Oh, sure, Polyanna, the more the merrier. How long can you all hold your kids above your heads to watch the display?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rattanchair said:

Dear Big, Let us say for arguments sake you are going to Disney World and you pay extra to be close to the fireworks display and when you get there a bunch of Disney 'Pinnacles' are allowed into your limited viewing space, crowding you out. The space was only designed for so many 'paying' customers. Oh, sure, Polyanna, the more the merrier. How long can you all hold your kids above your heads to watch the display?

Sorry but I don't want to hijack this thread and I've seen all the arguments before. I was just trying relate our experience. If we ever cross paths in the Suite Lounge the first one is on me. 😉

7 minutes ago, tarps14 said:

I mean, right?  

And, having sailed several times in the NCL Haven on three different NCL ships, we have never been encouraged to not use the Haven restaurant.  That's what it's there for.  

Dear Tarp,  On our June 9 2019 sailing on the Breakaway the menu for breakfast, lunch  and dinner does not change. Heaven help those who stay longer than a week. We requested, In advance, like at lunch for dinner to have just have one order of plain broiled chicken breast and a baked potato, no butter. It took the chef an extra hour to deliver this order to our table, EVERY EVENING!!! While those seated after us were up and gone. My mistake was telling the maitre d on the first day that we would not be using our perk 3x specialty dining package, that we would be taking all our meals in the Haven Restaurant. Obviously that did not go over too well with them.

4 minutes ago, rattanchair said:

Dear Tarp,  On our June 9 2019 sailing on the Breakaway the menu for breakfast, lunch  and dinner does not change. Heaven help those who stay longer than a week. We requested, In advance, like at lunch for dinner to have just have one order of plain broiled chicken breast and a baked potato, no butter. It took the chef an extra hour to deliver this order to our table, EVERY EVENING!!! While those seated after us were up and gone. My mistake was telling the maitre d on the first day that we would not be using our perk 3x specialty dining package, that we would be taking all our meals in the Haven Restaurant. Obviously that did not go over too well with them.

Okay, after your explanation, I can absolutely see this happening, simply because of the ship you were on.  For some reason, the Breakaway seems to find the most difficult way to do everything under the sun.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, rattanchair said:

You really should try MSC Yacht Club.  We are Elite Plus on Celebrity but will never be able to afford a suite on X.  MSC’s Yacht Club was fantastic.  (Oh, and the menus change daily...😉.)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Big_G said:

I completely agree. We were on the Allure last October. We were told by the concierge that there were 51 Pinnacles and never had any problems getting in the Coastal Kitchen or any of the other suite areas. We never needed reservation in the Coastal Kitchen, as we usually ate around 6:30. Walked in, got a table for two right away and sat down and ordered.

On 7/9/2019 at 10:49 AM, helen haywood said:

So one wonders if Captains both male and female have been promoting jewelry....does this mean that corporate Celebrity is asking/making them do this?

I've seen it the last couple of years where the captain at least makes an appearance at the "sale".  If not corporate they are doing someone involved with the vendor running the shops a big favor.  Or maybe it's in the contract with the vendor so that would put it back on corporate.

My bet the simple answer is yes.

8 hours ago, helen haywood said:

You really should try MSC Yacht Club.  We are Elite Plus on Celebrity but will never be able to afford a suite on X.  MSC’s Yacht Club was fantastic.  (Oh, and the menus change daily...😉.)

Dear Helen, Funny thing you bringing up MSC Yacht Club, we leave next week July 20, 2019 on the Seaside for the first time in the Yacht Club on your and others very complimentary postings on their Yacht Club. Thank you. I plan to post my observations in real time. Just signed up for a 20% discount for pre-booking 2 Premium internet packages for 4 devices each 6 GB for $127.90 each adult.

6 hours ago, grandgeezer said:

I completely agree. We were on the Allure last October. We were told by the concierge that there were 51 Pinnacles and never had any problems getting in the Coastal Kitchen or any of the other suite areas. We never needed reservation in the Coastal Kitchen, as we usually ate around 6:30. Walked in, got a table for two right away and sat down and ordered.

Dear GG, Are you not one of 'those' Pinnacles ?

16 hours ago, Big_G said:

I wouldn't know how much time a captain has to spare but my humble impression of her is that she's a very high energy person. Maybe she's just better at time management because of it.

And she wins the shoe award. I don't recall ever seeing her wear another brand of shoes than Christian Louboutin's during the entire 11 night cruise. Classy lady with good taste.

12 hours ago, Big_G said:

We recently sailed on Harmony in a CL suite and there were no issues with waiting for CK and no evidence of anything but very friendly and polite Pinnacles on board with us.  There was a heated thread on the RCCL board a short time ago that was about this very topic.  Suite passengers were very upset with the large number of Pinnacles in the Suite Lounge and in CK, a few were reported to be a bit obnoxious.  But it was in the instance of a President's Cruise where a large number attended.  Normally not the case.

• Like 1

On 7/10/2019 at 8:58 AM, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Like I said, she is not the only reason. A completely new itinerary to me is a big one.

Of course I may go back to my trusted Disney where I know how things are and I know I will not have to worry about my wheat allergy. Having had a RCCL (I know different line - but same company) tell me that farro was perfectly safe (and seeing it marked gf - I knew better and was just pointing it out to him) on a cruise last summer I am not 100% confident in anything under the RCCL Corp to get it right.

On X I seen a worker pouring beans into the coffee machine in the buffet.  I wanted to see what roast it was.  He showed me the bag and I seen and told him that it was decaf and he was pouring it into the regular side.  He just shrugged his shoulders.  It wasn’t as bad as if it would have been reg in the decade side as  it could have caused some bad effects on passengers.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

3 hours ago, CikraB said:

And she wins the shoe award. I don't recall ever seeing her wear another brand of shoes than Christian Louboutin's during the entire 11 night cruise. Classy lady with good taste.

Dear CB, DW of mine pointed that out to me on the cruise, those iconic red bottom shoes. I, of course could not see even with my glasses on. Funny how women notice certain things that men could care less about.

1 hour ago, rattanchair said:

Dear CB, DW of mine pointed that out to me on the cruise, those iconic red bottom shoes. I, of course could not see even with my glasses on. Funny how women notice certain things that men could care less about.

I'm a dude and I picked up on those red bottom soles right away. :classic_biggrin:

On 7/8/2019 at 9:51 PM, helen haywood said:

Thanks for your review!  ... I’m just happy the Sky Lounge escaped being chopped!

Great to hear!! 👍 Thanks so much for posting!

The chopped Sky Lounge on my recent Reflection cruise was my only complaint.  Too small a venue, always crowded and I was especially sad to hear the rest of the S class would be experiencing the same.  

Glad to hear Equinox dodged that bullet, at least for now....

Honestly, I have been LOL while reading this thread.  It also lmakes me think a lot about "the things people say to make a point" or whatever...really interested in meeting Captain Kate, along with her Sphinx cat.  Furthermore, maybe I will wear my red bottom shoes too, but I have plenty of time...I am not kidding about the shoes!

Edited by Lastdance

55 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

Honestly, I have been LOL while reading this thread.  It also lmakes me think a lot about "the things people say to make a point" or whatever...really interested in meeting Captain Kate, along with her Sphinx cat.  Furthermore, maybe I will wear my red bottom shoes too, but I have plenty of time...I am not kidding about the shoes!

Oh boy!!!!!!! You better rock those red bottom Christian Louboutin's!!!!!!

1 hour ago, red919 said:

Great to hear!! 👍 Thanks so much for posting!

The chopped Sky Lounge on my recent Reflection cruise was my only complaint.  Too small a venue, always crowded and I was especially sad to hear the rest of the S class would be experiencing the same.  

Glad to hear Equinox dodged that bullet, at least for now....

Couldn't agree more about the Sky Lounge needing to stay full size. I'm no Travolta, but I also happen to like Quasar on the Equinox for that late night alternative. We've had some good times in there.  

• Like 1

One other item I just remembered....in Costa Maya they have the large swim up pool in the center of the complex. It was quite dirty and even had duck poop and feathers floating around in it. Basically a giant bird bath. Of course this did not stop the masses from wading around in it....quite disgusting.